Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1431
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Give me some examples
    ...

    As I thought, more unfounded accusations.

  2. #1432
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    ...

    As I thought, more unfounded accusations.
    Please tell me you aren't surprised.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #1433
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    ...

    As I thought, more unfounded accusations.
    Already done so on 2 occasions. No position, eh? Why am I not surprised.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1434
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You still don't get it... and probably never will. YOUR agenda prevents you from understanding how to debate. You have shown no evidence that demonstrates that gay parent household do worse than than straight parent households. Until you do, you lose. Simple as that. Further, all of what you wrote above is what YOU believe, and is your opinion. As I've told you before, that and a quarter is worth... a quarter.
    Sorry, you have not proven it.

    You linked to studies based on unsupervised questionaires to determine a psychological profile. Try that with a real shrink and you'll be laughed out of the office.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #1435
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Please tell me you aren't surprised.
    You going to respond to my response of your post in post #1301? Or are you just going to concede, now?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #1436
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Sorry, you have not proven it.

    You linked to studies based on unsupervised questionaires to determine a psychological profile. Try that with a real shrink and you'll be laughed out of the office.
    As I told you, you do not understand how objective studies are conducted, nor do you understand the difference between research and evaluation. When you learn these differences, let me know.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1437
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It's really sad that you still cannot see how you argue from non-logic. Let me demostrate:
    You already have. In your last post.



    Irrelevant. It doesn't prove your position.
    Of course you would say that because its another one of those icky facts you can't come to terms with.

    It is a Argumentum ad antiquitatem (the argument to antiquity or tradition). Here is the definition:: This is the familiar argument that some policy, behavior, or practice is right or acceptable because "it's always been done that way. Just because it has been done this way, does not prove that it is correct. We are not arguing from a legal standpoint. If that were the case, every abortion argument would be won by the pro-choicers. Are you getting it, yet?
    Obviously you are not. Let me try and educate you. I'll use small words. Traditional marriage is what the country was founded on. That is a fact. It is the cornerstone family unit throughout the centuries since the birth of the country. You cannot prove it shouldn't stay the way it is which is why you use misdirection and dishonesty about the history and law behind traditional marriage. You want to change this based on nothing but faith in your feelings about an alternative lifestyle. That is not an argument. It is a belief.

    You just contradicted yourself nicely. Thank you.
    Still using words you don't understand I see.

    If there is evidence that gay marriage is not harmful, even if this evidence is from other countries, then there is evidence that gay marriage is not harmful.
    Again, "if" is not an argument. It is a theory. This isn't about harm. Should we base our execution laws on China? Or how about the interrogation methods of Somalia?

    BTW, the majority of other countries around the world do not endorse gay marriage so thanks once again for displaying your foot in mouth argument.

    The stupidity in that statement of yours is truly astonishing.

    See we have our own Constitution. Our own laws. I know its pesky for world thinkers like yourself, or should I say selective world thinkers but the laws of other countries from executions to gay marriage are irrevelant in establishing our own laws. That's why we have our own government and our own laws.

    So, you have given us one logical fallacy, and have given us evidence that you are wrong. Let's continue.
    This is so classic of you. When you can't argue something you label it because you don't have the courage or conviction to argue it.

    I guess it is easier than thinking or supporting your argument with facts but thats not new for you is it?

    That damn pesky Constitution strikes again.

    Once again, you are demonstrating that you do not know how to debate.
    I would never compete with the master. You have that title locked.

    Just because the majority agrees on something does not mean it is right. This is the Argumentum ad numerum fallacy (argument or appeal to numbers). It is defined by this: this fallacy is the attempt to prove something by showing how many people think that it's true. But no matter how many people believe something, that doesn't necessarily make it true or right. Again, if you want to argue law, then anyone who disputes anything that is currently legal, loses. I will remember this when/if you and I debate on other topics.
    And here we go again. When you cannot debate the facts you resort to falsely classifying the argument to get around the factual data presented.

    Until you can come to grips about what the law actually says about propositions and the procedures on how to get those on the ballot, there is no hope for you.

    I do hope this is simply dishonesty on your part and not blind ignorance of the law and how propositions are voted on.

    You have no evidence of this, but I'd love to see it. I've already destroyed the "homosexuality leads to polygamy" argument several times, so be my guest to present it.
    LOL You really don't get it do you?

    I'm a polygamist. I have a right to marry. You already established gay marriage is a right under the law.

    How can you deny my right to marry? Why is it only a "right" for 2 people to be married?

    Go ahead, I'd love to see how you are going to spin this one. You haven't been able to yet

    Firstly, you STILL don't seem to grasp the concept of sexual orientation. There is no way to determine, genetically or biologically how sexual orientation is determined...thats BOTH hetero- AND homosexuality. You on your side always forget this simple fact. If one is not genetic, then neither are. Further, you STILL don't seem to grasp the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior, though I have explained it numerous times with many examples. My guess is that this is deliberate because it destroys your position.
    Bull**** and I already destroyed this fallacy of yours when you can't explain how humans procreated before speech or writing. How did they know?

    For once in your life answer the question.

    It fails every time because, like you, most people do not understand the concepts that cover the issue. Or, they don't want to. Take your pick.
    Ah yes. The "I'm smarter than you so I don't have to support myself" argument.

    lol Talk about dishonesty. You can't even admit your entire argument is based on belief and not fact.

    See, now this is how biased and closed-minded you are. In all of this, you've never asked me what my position is. My position is that all government sanctioned marriage should be eliminated and replaced with civil unions...for both straights and gays. Only religions can use the word marriage and sanction marriages. It is then up to THEM whether to allow gays to marry or not.
    Uh, I just said that. You want gay marriage to be equal to heterosexual marriage.

    Your position isn't that complicated. You supporting it with facts has proved to be quite elusive.

    So, what we have in your 5 points are 3 logical fallacies and a host of not understanding or refusing to understand concepts around the issue. I would have thought that after 100+ pages you would have gotten some information from this thread, but I suppose not.
    What we have is your inability to support your arguments, dishonesty and falsely categorize your opponent's arguments so you think in your mind you don't have to answer them and your inability to accept your argument is based on pure faith in an idea that has no factual evidence to support it.

    In other words, you haven't changed a bit. Although this new dishonest tactic of falsely labeling your opponent's argument then running away from actually addressing it is a new tactic for you. Anything to get around direct debate seems to be your forte.
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-29-09 at 04:07 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #1438
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As I told you, you do not understand how objective studies are conducted, nor do you understand the difference between research and evaluation. When you learn these differences, let me know.
    And as I've told you, you haven't a clue how psychotherapy works since you laughably rely on unsupervised questionnaires to form a psychological profile.

    Go ahead, ask any shrink if they agree with you.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #1439
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You already have. In your last post.
    Not in the least. You continue to demonstrate that you cannot debate logically, below.





    Of course you would say that because its another one of those icky facts you can't come to terms with.
    No, because it is illogical... yet something else that you cannot understand.



    Obviously you are not. Let me try and educate you. I'll use small words. Traditional marriage is what the country was founded on. That is a fact. It is the cornerstone family unit throughout the centuries since the birth of the country. You cannot prove it shouldn't stay the way it is which is why you use misdirection and dishonesty about the history and law behind traditional marriage. You want to change this based on nothing but faith in your feelings about an alternative lifestyle. That is not an argument. It is a belief.
    More illogic. You cannot prove that it should stay that way it is except to say that it has always been that way. Irrelevant to debate. Hmmm... until 1870 blacks couldn't vote... BUT WAIT...THAT'S HOW IT WAS ALWAYS DONE. ONE CAN'T PROVE THAT IT SHOULD BE CHANGED BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT'S ALWAYS BEEN DONE! Until 1920 women couldn't vote... BUT WAIT...THAT'S HOW IT WAS ALWAYS DONE. ONE CAN'T PROVE THAT IT SHOULD BE CHANGED BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT'S ALWAYS BEEN DONE! These are examples of how ridiculously illogical your argument is. It is illogical to try to prove your position because "that's how it's always been done." Unless you can prove, logically, that that particular way is correct, you have NOTHING... as I have told you repeatedly. Now, I'm sorry I had to use BIG words, but I don't believe you're going to get it anyway, so I just explained it best as I could.



    Still using words you don't understand I see.
    Still don't understand the concept of what we are debating nor how to debate it, I see.



    Again, "if" is not an argument. It is a theory. This isn't about harm. Should we base our execution laws on China? Or how about the interrogation methods of Somalia?
    You obviously had difficultly understanding my sentence. As you said, let me use small words. Presenting information that gay marriage is not harmful from other countries, is presenting information that gay marriage is not harmful. This is what you did, assisting me in torpedoing your position. Not that I needed any help.

    BTW, the majority of other countries around the world do not endorse gay marriage so thanks once again for displaying your foot in mouth argument.
    I never said they did. YOU presented evidence that there was evidence that gay marriage was not harmful in other countries... assisting me in torpedoing your position. Not that I needed any help.

    The stupidity in that statement of yours is truly astonishing.
    Your demonstration of not understanding what I wrote is truly astonishing.

    See we have our own Constitution. Our own laws. I know its pesky for world thinkers like yourself, or should I say selective world thinkers but the laws of other countries from executions to gay marriage are irrevelant in establishing our own laws. That's why we have our own government and our own laws.
    You still can't grasp the concept if what is being discussed, can you? No one is talking about laws. We are talking about evidence that gay marriage is not harmful. It is irrelevant whether it is legal or not legal in other countries. You said there was evidence from other countries that it was not harmful. This helps torpedo your position, not that I needed any help. Try to stay focused on what we are discussing.



    This is so classic of you. When you can't argue something you label it because you don't have the courage or conviction to argue it.

    I guess it is easier than thinking or supporting your argument with facts but thats not new for you is it?

    That damn pesky Constitution strikes again.
    Typical of you. When your lack of logic is presented, instead of admitting it, you throw out red herrings.



    I would never compete with the master. You have that title locked.
    Awww... did I hurt your feelings? Perhaps if you listen long enough you might pass Debate 101. Maybe.



    And here we go again. When you cannot debate the facts you resort to falsely classifying the argument to get around the factual data presented.

    Until you can come to grips about what the law actually says about propositions and the procedures on how to get those on the ballot, there is no hope for you.

    I do hope this is simply dishonesty on your part and not blind ignorance of the law and how propositions are voted on.
    You have no facts. Because something is a law doesn't prove it's right... I've already demonstrated that. All it does is prove it's a law. This is why you fail at this. You can't tell the difference.



    LOL You really don't get it do you?

    I'm a polygamist. I have a right to marry. You already established gay marriage is a right under the law.

    How can you deny my right to marry? Why is it only a "right" for 2 people to be married?

    Go ahead, I'd love to see how you are going to spin this one. You haven't been able to yet
    You still haven't figured it out. And I doubt you will. Government sanctions marriage because it helps society. I've explained this over and over. Marriage assists in the rearing of children, contributes to a stable society, assists in the health of the people married, and a number of other things. There is evidence that gay coupling creates all these things equally as well as straight marriage. Evidence in plural marriage does NOT produce the same results; therefore it does not benefit society and the government has no reason to sanction it. This illustrates how completely poor is your understanding of this entire debate...and how to debate logically. It is logical to be pro-GM because it provides equal benefits to society and government as straight marriage. It is ILlogical to be pro-polygamy because it does NOT do these things. I'm sure you will either not get this or throw out an irrelevant red herring, but there it is for you. Sorry if it continues to prove you wrong.



    Bull**** and I already destroyed this fallacy of yours when you can't explain how humans procreated before speech or writing. How did they know?

    For once in your life answer the question.
    That does NOT prove it is genetic or biological. And since you were not around when time began, you do not know whether there was homosexual coupling, then... which based on historical data of there always being approximately 4-6% of the population being homosexual, there most certainly was. If one was genetic, they both were. If one is not, they both are not. Sexual orientation does not distinguish. And procreation is irrelevant to sexual orientation. I've explained all this to you, before. You just don't like the answer. Too bad.



    Ah yes. The "I'm smarter than you so I don't have to support myself" argument.

    lol Talk about dishonesty. You can't even admit your entire argument is based on belief and not fact.
    When you present facts and not logical fallacies, irrelevancies, red herrings, and issues that have nothing to do with the topic, let me know. I've presented evidence and logic. You've done neither.



    Uh, I just said that. You want gay marriage to be equal to heterosexual marriage.
    Read it again. That's not what I said.

    Your position isn't that complicated. You supporting it with facts has proved to be quite elusive.
    I've presented the facts that the benefits of each are equivalent. You just don't want to accept that. Why don't you tell us why you don't believe the two are equivalent. You've never said. And do try to present a position that is logical.



    What we have is your inability to support your arguments, dishonesty and falsely categorize your opponent's arguments so you think in your mind you don't have to answer them and your inability to accept your argument is based on pure faith in an idea that has no factual evidence to support it.

    In other words, you haven't changed a bit. Although this new dishonest tactic of falsely labeling your opponent's argument then running away from actually addressing it is a new tactic for you. Anything to get around direct debate seems to be your forte.
    No, what I said is pretty accurate, and your post, here, proves it further. Devoid of logic or any evidence, you rely on fallacies, diversions, red herrings, and demonstrate a non-understanding of what we are discussing. And how to debate. Even though all of these things have been explained to you over and over by several, you stick to your rigid an inaccurate way of thinking. If that suits you, fine. But that's what it is.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1440
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And as I've told you, you haven't a clue how psychotherapy works since you laughably rely on unsupervised questionnaires to form a psychological profile.

    Go ahead, ask any shrink if they agree with you.
    Still don't understand the difference between research and evaluation. And I don't need to ask anyone. It's what I do for a living. Questionnaires are the best and most objective tools when doing research. Interview are the best tools to use when doing assessments. You are dead wrong about your belief on this.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •