Page 137 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1361
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    It already has been worked out. In referedum.

    You're uh......0-31.
    Tyranny by majority, nothing more.

  2. #1362
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    It already has been worked out. In referedum.

    You're uh......0-31.
    You really do love argumentum ad populum.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum]Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]


    Does it make you feel smart to embarrass yourself by constantly using logical fallacies?

  3. #1363
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You really do love argumentum ad populum.

    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Does it make you feel smart to embarrass yourself by constantly using logical fallacies?
    Even worse than that, he seems to enjoy tyranny by majority - does that make him a traitor to the Republic?

  4. #1364
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    Even worse than that, he seems to enjoy tyranny by majority - does that make him a traitor to the Republic?
    Only if he starts ranting about how horrible the court and legislative decisions which have made same sex marriage legal in 5 states are. I don't know yet whether he has completely rejected checks and balances.

    No matter what, it is clear that he is far from rational.

  5. #1365
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Only if he starts ranting about how horrible the court and legislative decisions which have made same sex marriage legal in 5 states are. I don't know yet whether he has completely rejected checks and balances.

    No matter what, it is clear that he is far from rational.
    Agreed. I'd rather just get rid of marriage and replace it with union though - I don't like having to force churcies to marry gays if they don't want to (not to mention it violates the 1st amendment).

  6. #1366
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    Agreed. I'd rather just get rid of marriage and replace it with union though - I don't like having to force churcies to marry gays if they don't want to (not to mention it violates the 1st amendment).
    There are too many benefits to having state sanctioned marriage. It would be detrimental to society to do away with it.

  7. #1367
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    There are too many benefits to having state sanctioned marriage. It would be detrimental to society to do away with it.
    The same benefits can be carried over to civil unions, but that way churchies can keep their institution intact and a degree of fairness can be established.

  8. #1368
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    The same benefits can be carried over to civil unions, but that way churchies can keep their institution intact and a degree of fairness can be established.
    It's a rational position and perhaps it would be the most fair, but it is definitely the least likely.

  9. #1369
    Advisor Warspite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here and There
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    478

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It's a rational position and perhaps it would be the most fair, but it is definitely the least likely.
    Isn't that always the way?

  10. #1370
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You mean the "wealth of evidence" that you claim shows no differences whatsoever in child upbringing between heterosexual couples and same-sex couples -- even without same-sex marriage? THAT wealth of evidence?

    Seems to weaken the argument that gay marriage is needed to benefit children - I thought you were claiming there were no differences?
    Is your misrepresentation intentional or accidental? The evidence that shows that children brought up in gay households vs. straight households... you know, the stuff that shows no differences that identifies that gay marriage would benefit society, since marriage fosters the positive rearing of children, plus benefits couples in many other ways.

    Nice try at spin, though. Of course, it failed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •