Page 127 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1261
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    No, I'm asking you for evidence that private marriage can accomplish the same goals as what we have now.

    It sounds like you don't have any? It's just an idea?
    I don't need any. Government has no right to be involved in marriage in the first place, because it discriminates when it denies tax supported benefits to some individuals and not others. That's a violation of the 14th amendment.

  2. #1262
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you have any evidence that things are better in SA, now? Any?
    Yes - apartheid is gone. Duh.

  3. #1263
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yes - apartheid is gone. Duh.
    Let's see how things have improved for the people of SA. We'll be waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1264
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    I don't need any. Government has no right to be involved in marriage in the first place, because it discriminates when it denies tax supported benefits to some individuals and not others. That's a violation of the 14th amendment.
    Ok, just wanted to make it abundantly clear that when you say private marriages can accomplish the same things that you don't have any evidence for such a claim.

  5. #1265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Ok, just wanted to make it abundantly clear that when you say private marriages can accomplish the same things that you don't have any evidence for such a claim.
    And what evidence do you have that private marriages cannot accomplish the same thing?

    You are like the atheist trying to say God doesn't exist. You have no evidence either.

  6. #1266
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And what evidence do you have that private marriages cannot accomplish the same thing?

    You are like the atheist trying to say God doesn't exist. You have no evidence either.
    Yup. I also can't prove that quality marriages come from an invisible marriage fairy that visits all the good little couples, bestowing upon them love and goodwill.

    But then again, I'm not making the claim that private marriages can't do the same thing - I'm asking for a mechanism by which it can, and whether there's any existing evidence that can be used to support the argument. He doesn't seem to have either, and therefore has a weak argument.

  7. #1267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's see how things have improved for the people of SA. We'll be waiting.
    You seriously can't be that stupid. Or racist.

    You must be trolling, just trying to get a rise of people by making outrageous remarks.

  8. #1268
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's see how things have improved for the people of SA. We'll be waiting.

  9. #1269
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You seriously can't be that stupid. Or racist.

    You must be trolling, just trying to get a rise of people by making outrageous remarks.
    I wonder if he pines for the good ol' days of slavery in Dixie too.

  10. #1270
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You seriously can't be that stupid. Or racist.

    You must be trolling, just trying to get a rise of people by making outrageous remarks.
    So, since I call bull****, bull****, I must be a racist? That's the second time you've tried to call me a racist. Why would you calla black guy a racist? Is it because I'm not falling in line with my Libbo massa?

    It's crazy to think it's a good thing to go from a few people being to everyone being poor. We're in real trouble if the Libbos ever get an solid power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •