Page 110 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1091
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It rained today it must be the libbos fault
    If it rained on some black kid that's living in the street, then yes, it's the Libbos fault.

    Tell me Win, after 40 years and $11 trillion, what improvements have been made within the black community?

    Black on black crime gone down? Black divorce rate gone down? Black teen pregnancies gone down? Black un-wed pregnancies gone down? Black drug use gone down? Black welfare rate gone down?

    Tell us all the wonderful things that have happened to black since the Libbos decided to, "help".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1092
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Actually, the African American standard of living has actually gone up.

  3. #1093
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If it rained on some black kid that's living in the street, then yes, it's the Libbos fault.

    Tell me Win, after 40 years and $11 trillion, what improvements have been made within the black community?

    Black on black crime gone down? Black divorce rate gone down? Black teen pregnancies gone down? Black un-wed pregnancies gone down? Black drug use gone down? Black welfare rate gone down?

    Tell us all the wonderful things that have happened to black since the Libbos decided to, "help".
    Long-term, over the past 16 years, black men have improved their graduation rate from 28 percent to 36 percent.

    This year the college graduation rate for black women rose by one percentage point to 47 percent. And over the past 16 years the graduation rates for black women have shown strong and steady gains. Turning in a powerful performance over the past 16 years, black women have improved their college completion rate from 34 percent in 1990 to 47 percent in 2006. So for black women, we appear to be very close to the point where one half of all students who enter a particular college will go on to earn their degree from that same institution.

    Black Student College Graduation Rates Inch Higher But the Large Racial Gap Persists

  4. #1094
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually, the African American standard of living has actually gone up.
    Compared to what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1095
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Long-term, over the past 16 years, black men have improved their graduation rate from 28 percent to 36 percent.

    This year the college graduation rate for black women rose by one percentage point to 47 percent. And over the past 16 years the graduation rates for black women have shown strong and steady gains. Turning in a powerful performance over the past 16 years, black women have improved their college completion rate from 34 percent in 1990 to 47 percent in 2006. So for black women, we appear to be very close to the point where one half of all students who enter a particular college will go on to earn their degree from that same institution.

    Black Student College Graduation Rates Inch Higher But the Large Racial Gap Persists
    That's it? Are you saying that all you can come up with are few hundred more black college grads each year?

    Please, tell us that that isn't your idea of, "success".

    It's a shame that you Libbos just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1096
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually, the African American standard of living has actually gone up.
    Only because we average in Rappers, Reverends, and Sports Stars.

  7. #1097
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why don't you try some honesty :





    It's fun to debunk your false assertions on black people over and over again.
    You're just wrong:
    In 1940, the illegitimacy rate among blacks was 19 percent, in 1960, 22 percent, and today, it's 70 percent. Some argue that the state of the black family is the result of the legacy of slavery, discrimination and poverty. That has to be nonsense. A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters of black families were nuclear families, comprised of two parents and children. In New York City in 1925, 85 percent of kin-related black households had two parents. In fact, according to Herbert Gutman in "The Black Family in Slavery and Freedom: 1750-1925," "Five in six children under the age of 6 lived with both parents."

  8. #1098
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I doubt it. Why would we even want to look? If it bothers you that blacks use the same drinking fountain as you do, I suggest you do your own research.
    Look up, there's an analogy flying right over your head.

  9. #1099
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And this is not related to liberal stances on any particular issue but to many different sociological factors. Notice how the black single parent rate is about the same for both blacks and whites even though blacks have higher rates of criminality AND drug use problems.
    Wrong again:

    Figures available from the U.S. Bureau of the Census (which yielded all of the statistics presented here) indicate that the percent of American homes that were single parent in composition increased dramatically from 1970 (when 18.5% of homes were single parent) to 1999 (27.7%).


    There are ethnic differences in the prevalence of single-parent families. In 1999 the rate of single-parent families among black families was 56 percent; among Hispanic families, 32 percent; and among white families, 20 percent.

  10. #1100
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Wow, what a wicked red herring this has become.

    Remind me what the state of the African American community has to do with legalizing gay marriage?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •