Page 108 of 149 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1071
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Ah another person laughably trying to relate race to homosexuality.

    Sad. Utterly sad.
    If Libbos couldn't scream, "racist", or, "homophobe", they wouldn't have an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1072
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If Libbos couldn't scream, "racist", or, "homophobe", they wouldn't have an argument.
    And they really should read the articles they rely on and actually research how these "scientists" arrived at their psychological conclusions before relying on that data.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #1073
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    And I'd still like my question answered.

    From anyone arguing against my argument here.

    Is your position that a male father nor female mother are necessary, that any two people can raise the child. Given equal everything now...equal time and involvement, a man can mother, a woman can father..correct? That IS your argument, correct?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #1074
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And they really should read the articles they rely on and actually research how these "scientists" arrived at their psychological conclusions before relying on that data.
    Well, it's all about control. That's the foundation of anything that a Libbos supports. I didn't see that in their support of gay marriage, but my eyes just opened a little wider. It's just like poor families. The more ****ed up kids that can be produced in a society, the more votes the Libbos will get out of future generations.

    What's this kind of revelation called? An epiphany?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1075
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    And I'd still like my question answered.

    From anyone arguing against my argument here.

    Is your position that a male father nor female mother are necessary, that any two people can raise the child. Given equal everything now...equal time and involvement, a man can mother, a woman can father..correct? That IS your argument, correct?
    If you're saying that a child needs a male and female influence in it's life, then I agree 100%.

    I don't give a **** if gays marry, because I believe gays should have a chance to be miserable too, but I understand your point, if that is in fact what you're getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1076
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That makes sense, seeing what the Libbos have done to the black community in this country. They've run the father out of the black family.

    Now it all makes sense why Libbos are so hyped up over gay marriage.
    Why don't you try some honesty :

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Family 1965
    The report, which emphasized high rates of teenage pregnancy, absent fathers, welfare dependency, and crime in the black community, concluded that the black family structure was weak due in large part to the disproportionate number of female-headed households, or a “matriarchal”family structure. This conclusion, not surprisingly, has stimulated an extensive body of critical research into the conditions of the black family. Two broad themes can be identified in this literature. First, without necessarily taking issue with some of the basic findings, many scholars argue that this conclusion ignores the impact of racism, classism, and segregation. That is, the black family is more fractured and less stable than the nonblack family for reasons linked to endemic structural and cultural conditions that disadvantage the black family. Second, others more directly attack the conclusion that the black family is somehow dysfunctional, and instead point to the strength of the black family structure, as evidenced, for example, by strong kinship networks.

    Read more: Families - BLACK IN HISTORICAL CONTEXT, FAMILY DIVERSITY Families - BLACK IN HISTORICAL CONTEXT, FAMILY DIVERSITY
    A major misconception in the early literature on slavery and black families, as written by white scholars, was that slave owners understood the economic benefits of a strong nuclear black family and therefore tried to preserve the family structure of slaves. Researchers later “discovered”what the descendants of slaves already knew, that about one out of every three slave marriages ended because of partners being sold. This discovery questioned the validity of the idea that slave owners cared about the well-being of slave families and, more importantly, provides an example of how research can be seriously flawed if it is informed by racism and a worldview fostered by privilege. More recent scholarship demonstrates that slave owners often used specific strategies (i.e., labor migration, interference in marriage, and sexual exploitation) to endanger the well-being of African American families.
    It's fun to debunk your false assertions on black people over and over again.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #1077
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you're saying that a child needs a male and female influence in it's life, then I agree 100%.
    Finally! Someone with reason and common sense.

    I don't give a **** if gays marry, because I believe gays should have a chance to be miserable too, but I understand your point, if that is in fact what you're getting at.
    And if you don't care, and I don't care, but others might, we all involve ourselves, we define our society's institutions together, and we move on.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why don't you try some honesty :





    It's fun to debunk your false assertions on black people over and over again.
    Annnnnd, what did you debunk, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1079
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Annnnnd, what did you debunk, exactly?
    That some gay marriage supporters actually can understand the difference between race and homosexuality.

    He certainly did debunk that!
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #1080
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Annnnnd, what did you debunk, exactly?
    - I forgot you can't follow threads. Here - let bold it for you baby :

    seeing what the Libbos have done to the black community in this country. They've run the father out of the black family.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •