Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1051
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,604
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The atrocity of not having a male father in the home......comes with equal risk......the error of not having a female mother in the home...comes with equal risks, yes...yes...yes.
    Incorrect. The studies which you purport as proving this does not consider the sex of the parent that leaves. It only considers one of the parents leaving. The sex of the parents do not matter. This is easily proved by looking at different people. There are heterosexual families where the male is more effeminate than the female and visa versa. Yet the kids turn out just fine. This shows that the sex of the parents mean nothing when it comes to parenting.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #1052
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,635
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    There are no comparison studies and as homosexuals do not reproduce. 'Gay' parents either conceived this child in a heterosexual relationship(in most cases this is true), or are the step parent. And we need not compare, the most adjusted, the best way we now how to raise children..is within marriage where two people reproduce and care and are involved with their children. Any other situation be it step parent, single parent, gay parent, isn't the best foot forward, sorry, it's just not.
    You need to go back and check all those links CC provided, as well as your own. The comparison has been made, the studies done, and it turns out, gay parents are just as effective as strait parents.



    I've shown what happens when you remove the male from the home. And it's not pretty. Your arguments would like to purposefully remove the male from the home.....replace with a female...and pretend it's the same. It's not. Sorry.
    No you have not. You have shown what happens in single parent homes, which is entirely irrelevant to the discussion of two parent homes.



    That's right and EVERYONE pay attention...this is the crux, children are raised just as well...and just as bad. The step parent higher risk as far as abuse goes.....carries to 'gay' families as well, correct? The atrocity of not having a male father in the home......comes with equal risk......the error of not having a female mother in the home...comes with equal risks, yes...yes...yes.

    Exactly right....'gay' families situations are the same, the abuse, the emotional neglect, the questions as to why one's natural parents aren't still together, many go looking for a lost or abandoned parent, many purposefully avoid that parent for what may be obvious reasons, yes....all the risks involved that effect heterosexual families and lead to undue crime, withering abuse stats, sexual abuses, and emotional challenges. And all of the rules and stats I've linked to very much apply to 'gay' couples as well....right? Their raised just as stable...and just as unstable...correct.

    Unless you're going to argue these relationships are somehomw 'different?' That the stats showing no male in the home don't apply. That somehow...two females can father a boy, for example. You...wouldn't be trying to argue that would you?
    First, let's take a minute so you can get over your hysterics. The above section is a pure appeal to emotion, and has zero factual information. Children from two parent homes do as well, period, no matter the orientation of the parents. There are some bad strait parents, and there are some bad gay parents. This is true. However, this is true no matter the orientation. In other words, the sexual orientation of parents is entirely irrelevant to their ability to raise children. Since we know that two parent homes do better than one for a child, and we know that orientation does not matter, your whole argument falls apart.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #1053
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes it is under the same umbrella.
    Is it then? So, under the same umbrella in what sense? Behavior and or orientation....to what degree to they effect the totality of human sexuality.

    However, to use an analogy, Geology and Oceanography are both under the earth sciences umbrella, yet they are obviously different. So just because they are under the same umbrella doesn't mean that there are not major differences.
    No no no....Sir....another colossal error here, please attend to your analogies. Both are absolutely necessary to Earth Science. Critical and vital. Necessary. Earth Science doesn't exist without geology, it cannot exist without oceanography either. It relies on both and many other sciences to be complete, along with studying our atmosphere and universe. Human sexuality doesn't require homosexuality. It is wholly irrelevant. It has never created anything. It hasn't added to mankind in the slightest. It isn't relevant to geneolgy, it isn't relevant to ancestory, it isn't necessary for mankind whatsoever. In it's absence the world wouldn't change an iota, no one here is contributing to this forum as a result of ANY homosexual orientation or behavior. Everyone here is present because of heterosexual behavior and orientation, every single one of us. Your analogy isn't worth the glass it's written on.

    Actually it is very much relevant. You are trying to argue that homosexuality is a choice. Doing something that repulses you is not a choice. Doing something that repulses you is something that you either HAVE to do or are forced to do.
    'Gay' parents were 'forced' to conceive children? Is that what you're trying to tell me? And then you're going to tell me children of 'gays' aren't affected, you'd be ok if one of your parents conceived you from an act that they found repulsive? And as a 'gay' person.....is one going to consider heterosexual behavior repulsive.....the very act that created them.....is repulsive? This gets more comical as we go, who was it....CC I think...asking me if I'm frustrated. I'm absolutely amused, the arguments in there are shredded and defeated and yet....like a fish ut of water, flopping around trying to make sense while eating its own tail. Heavens to mergatroid, Kal, give me some competititon!

    And yes you could still ejaculate and have an orgasm by having sex with another man.
    I'm going to have to take your word for this, I;ve simply never been repulsed upon reaching orgasm. I'm sorry. Never in my life have I reached a peak where I was repulsed. Ever. Please...can someone weigh in here who has had an orgasm while being repulsed? BEcasue I think Kal is completely in error here, in fact, I defy anyone to support this joke of an argument. Who has EVER been repulsed by what they were doing while reaching orgasm?

    Now...for an analogy of my own, I have heard of this.....on these shows that speak to mass murderers. Many times, demented people will hate themselves for killing, many times rapes are involved or some sexual pleasure is being taken from these sickos killing people. Now....they may be "repulsed", they may be whatever, is this perhaps what you're speaking to, I've NEVER heard anyone even tell me a story that began with I was so repulsed I orgasmed. Ever. Who do you know that's experienced this?

    You are again confusing sexual behavior with a sexual orientation. You have not argued the exact same thing.
    Ah yes, the retreat position so famous now. THe other arguments are entrenched in this same position, the untenable "you're confused, you don't know" arguments. Yes Sir, I do know...and you've just retreated, I know that as well.

    Taking things out of context will get you no where. There is a reason that when we write we write in paragraphs. And that is to put things into context.
    I'm right on context in fact, all over it. But, thanks.

    Since, with the exceptions of humans (who are still instinctual) animals cannot reason it stands to reason that they only go by instincts.
    Sexual instincts? Cause uh....I've heard it's a power thing with dogs and some other pack animals in fact, a female will often mount a male dog, seen that myself on National Geo's channel and the neighbor's dogs. That a "sexual instinct?" Your "stands to reason" here just another one of your colossal misunderstandings I'm afraid.

    Incorrect. You are trying to say that a family must have both a male and a female couple for the child to turn out normal.
    I'm not saying that at all, please quote me, Sir.

    Relationship with parents: If the relationship is good with both parents this also promotes happiness and self confidence. If the relationship is bad..well guess what?
    What of no relationship at all? A boy raised in a home without a male.....isn;t the best foot forward, are you arguing that?

    It's not the lack of a father, its the lack of a second parental figure.
    Links please.

    A child raised in a household where there is no mother suffers the same as a child raised in a household without a father.
    Are you saying a child must have two parents to be raised normally?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #1054
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You need to go back and check all those links CC provided, as well as your own. The comparison has been made, the studies done, and it turns out, gay parents are just as effective as strait parents.
    The comparisons and studies haven't been done, sorry.

    No you have not. You have shown what happens in single parent homes, which is entirely irrelevant to the discussion of two parent homes.
    I most certainly have. And you seem to not like that. Why is that?

    First, let's take a minute so you can get over your hysterics.
    I can't help it. Santa is coming to town and I've been very good this year.

    Children from two parent homes do as well, period, no matter the orientation of the parents. There are some bad strait parents, and there are some bad gay parents. This is true.
    I know it's true, I just said that. You're pretending as if the stats don't apply to 'gay' parents, trying to pretend the step parent is just as solid. It;s not. Trying to argue purposefully removing one or the other gender doesn't affect the child is nonsense. Craziness in fact.

    However, this is true no matter the orientation.
    that's what I just said. And you must accept the higher risk step parenting and single parenting bring to the table, 'gay' or straight. And any 'gay' set of parents is auto not as solid then...on average. I'm sorry, it's true.

    In other words, the sexual orientation of parents is entirely irrelevant to their ability to raise children.
    Never argued otherwise.

    Since we know that two parent homes do better than one for a child, and we know that orientation does not matter, your whole argument falls apart.
    Wrong. We know step parents bring a higher risk, yes? We know removing the male or the female from the home isn;t necessarily solid either. Making you wrong on both counts.

    Does anyone having a solid and objective argument wish to debate, I'm not getting very much competition here. The same lame arguments, the same mistakes over and over, the same colossal errors repeated time after time.

    There must be a learning curve somewhere!
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #1055
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,635
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    It's that time again to bring out my friend who is so appropriate for situations like this:
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  6. #1056
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    <Redress's argument

    If you'll read some military history, you'll find Charles Martel had a nickname. Rather appropriate here!
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 12-23-09 at 01:50 PM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #1057
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    <Redress's argument

    If you'll read some military history, you'll find Charles Martel had a nickname. Rather appropriate here!
    Redress is not a muslim invader.


    Namefail.

  8. #1058
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,286

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    What's with this stuff about child rearing? It has absolutely no relevance to the issue of same sex marriage.
    It's only THE reason the state has any business poking it's nose in your relationships in the first place.
    That's a rather narrow view. Child rearing is only one of many interests the state has in marriage. Some examples of others include an interest related to procreation (illegitamacy, incest) and familial support (including spousal support). Advocates of same-sex marriage often cite a state interest in public health - asserting that monogamous relationships reduce the transmission of disease.

  9. #1059
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,195

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. My links are relevant and appropriate and destroy the error-prone arguments being submitted in here. Some of them are downright disingenuous.
    Are you really that statistically ignorant? Have you ever even taken a statistics class? Do you really not understand why you can't take statistics composed only of single parents or heterosexual couples and draw conclusions about gay couples? Do you really think that you can take statistics of single parents and draw conclusions about the effect of losing one gender in the household?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 12-23-09 at 02:31 PM.

  10. #1060
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Are you really that statistically ignorant? Have you ever even taken a statistics class? Do you really not understand why you can't take statistics composed only of single parents or heterosexual couples and draw conclusions about gay couples? Do you really think that you can take statistics of single parents and draw conclusions about the effect of losing one gender in the household?
    Funny you berate him by claiming he needs to take a statistics class when you have failed miserably to defend the position he is arguing against.

    He has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that households without a mother and father have a negative effect on the child. Study after study proves that.

    You and others like you have failed miserably to provide even one study that proved 2 people of the same gender can make up for either a mother or father absence.

    Until you can do that, stop the flagrant hypocrisy and prove your argument has merit. Remember, it is your side that wants to change the law. I hope you are one of the few who understands this.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •