Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #1021
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    We're "guilty?" Wow. Yea....we're guilty of knowledge Sir. We're guilty of knowin what in blue blazes we're talking about.
    As I said, you have demonstrated that you have little or no understanding of what we are discussing. Must be frustrating for you.



    You are the member in here completely at a loss concerning this issue.
    Tell us what the difference is.



    Who needed to show the penis and vagina "can be" used as sexual organs? And who needs to prove they're designed to be sexual organs? They're reproductive organs and thus sexual organs, you pile colossal error on top of colossal error. Your argument is becoming amusing, if not flat out ridiculous.
    I've already given you "a" purpose. Prove design.



    "Guilty" of appealing to "nature?" And "over and over" even? Wow. Imagine our shame...appealing to reality and nature. Tsk tsk.
    Sad. You do not understand what a logical fallacy is. Interesting since that is how you debate.



    I've sent a flock of data over you've yet to address, your assumption here is untrue, it isn't even close. You purposefully remove one of the genders from a child being raised, to pretend that has no affect is stratospherically wrong.
    Any data you have given has been trumped by the information and data I have provided. How does it feel to lose so colossally huge?



    Procreation is necessary though...for child rearing, homosexuality in fact anything homosexual whatsoever...is absolutely and clearly unnecessary. Not understanding that heterosexuality is the necessary sexual behavior and orientation to conceive children is profoudly wrong and shakes your entire theory to the ground. And your argument finally coned down here to 'benefits from the state', it appears that's all this argument is to the pro-gay movements and arguments. Marriage becomes merely a contract(absolute nonsense), the arguments coned down to what benefits are in it for us, how can we legitimize ourselves in the eyes of the 'state.'
    Now you have proven that you do not know what this debate is about. Marriage IS about a contract and IS about what benefits the state. That is why the government sanctions it. You just put your foot in your mouth...again.



    Removing these wrong-headed and clearly confused arguments from yourself and jallman and others...setting them on the ground in neat order and on column...and piecemeal destroying each isn't misrepresentation. It's the utter destruction of the error prone points and arguments you and others are trying to make here. Pretending two women can raise a child, purposefully removing the father and faking like everything is just the same. What poppycock.
    Standard Charles Martel rebuttal: say nothing and end your comment with poppycock.



    Not only provided proof, reminded you of the blatant facts as well......and they clearly shoe you're wrong.
    Not in the least. Dismantling your position was simple.



    The number of colossal errors within your post certainly needs an excuse and a long day is as good as any other. I hope and pray I;ve been able to open your eyes a little more towards my side of the argument. Please read my links and explain your arguments if you can.
    You have opened my eyes to your argument. And I see it for what it is: absolutely nothing.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1022
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I see you're still making stuff up CC. Is it fun to debate yourself?
    Well, considering you are no competition, I suppose I must.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1023
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Captain are you STILL trying to figure out what your penis is for?
    Taylor, are you still trying to figure out what the word "design" means.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1024
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    joke Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    My penis is for obliterating entire star systems with a single load.


    Suck on that design. Metaphorically. If you literally did, it could end the planet.

  5. #1025
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your errors in this thread cannot be measured by modern technology.
    Yours can. a simple editor and common knowledge destroys your arguments

    It's as if you do not understand the concept of what we are discussing.
    Is that your way of saying, uncle?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #1026
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    We're "guilty?" Wow. Yea....we're guilty of knowledge Sir. We're guilty of knowin what in blue blazes we're talking about.



    You are the member in here completely at a loss concerning this issue.
    Sexual orientation is how someone feels about their sexuality.

    Seuxal behavior is commiting a sexual act.

    People can and do commit acts that they don't like. For example: Could you as a heterosexual have sex with another man? Yes you could. Would you as a heterosexual be repulsed by such an act? Yes you would be. Now apply that to male homosexuals having sex with a woman.

    That sir explains the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. How one behaves does not necessarily mean that is what they are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    "Guilty" of appealing to "nature?" And "over and over" even? Wow. Imagine our shame...appealing to reality and nature. Tsk tsk.
    Here is why your appeal to nature is false. As humans we are all considered mammals. As mammals we have a rather large family tree in the animal world. Indeed we are still considered as animals scientifically speaking. There are many mammals in the world that are not human and yet display homosexual tendancies. As such we can tell that such behavior is instinctual. Which shows that homosexuality is an instinct. Much like heterosexuality is displayed in the same way.

    Some animals that are mammals that display homosexual tendencies are: (note that there are other animals in the animal kingdom that display homosexual tendancies also)

    African Elephant
    Brown Bear
    Brown Rat
    Buffalo
    Caribou
    Cat (domestic)
    Cheetah
    Common Dolphin
    Common Marmoset
    Common Raccoon
    Dog (domestic)
    European Bison
    Prea

    Wiki (as much as I hate using wiki it is a good source for a list..which can then be looked up on other sources..i'll leave that up to you)

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I've sent a flock of data over you've yet to address, your assumption here is untrue, it isn't even close. You purposefully remove one of the genders from a child being raised, to pretend that has no affect is stratospherically wrong.
    According to research homosexuals raise children just as good as heterosexuals. CC and jallman has provided links to this research in this very thread. Not surprising that you ignore it.

    Your arguement that a childs self image being a bad reason to come to the conclusions is idiotic as ANY persons self image is a big factor in how well they will do in life. If they have a good self image then you can gauruntee that that person will lead a successful life. Kids do not get a good self image if they are living in homes that are not conducive to such.

    For the part that was ignored the research conducted wasn't only about self image. It was also about how well they do in school academically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Procreation is necessary though...for child rearing, homosexuality in fact anything homosexual whatsoever...is absolutely and clearly unnecessary. Not understanding that heterosexuality is the necessary sexual behavior and orientation to conceive children is profoudly wrong and shakes your entire theory to the ground. And your argument finally coned down here to 'benefits from the state', it appears that's all this argument is to the pro-gay movements and arguments. Marriage becomes merely a contract(absolute nonsense), the arguments coned down to what benefits are in it for us, how can we legitimize ourselves in the eyes of the 'state.'
    Just because it is "unnecessary" does not mean that it doesn't exist. Or that it is bad.



    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Removing these wrong-headed and clearly confused arguments from yourself and jallman and others...setting them on the ground in neat order and on column...and piecemeal destroying each isn't misrepresentation. It's the utter destruction of the error prone points and arguments you and others are trying to make here. Pretending two women can raise a child, purposefully removing the father and faking like everything is just the same. What poppycock.
    Going by the research two women can raise a child. As can two men. As well as heterosexuals. The research that YOU have shown is geared towards single parent homes and has nothing, nothing to do with how homosexual parents raised children. Another reason why your arguements are false. They are based on research that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Not only provided proof, reminded you of the blatant facts as well......and they clearly shoe you're wrong.
    Again, the proof you showed had nothing to do with homosexuals raising children. It had to do with single parent homes. Which as anyone knows no child will do as good as those raised by two parents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The number of colossal errors within your post certainly needs an excuse and a long day is as good as any other. I hope and pray I;ve been able to open your eyes a little more towards my side of the argument. Please read my links and explain your arguments if you can.
    You are the one that made a colossal error. Several of them. From saying that if you procreate then you are not homosexual to saying that children are not raised in homosexual homes as good as heterosexual homes.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 12-22-09 at 11:45 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #1027
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As I said, you have demonstrated that you have little or no understanding of what we are discussing. Must be frustrating for you.
    I'm enjoying the debate, not frustrating at all. what we are discussing is same sex marriage. And while I didn't raise the issue, children were raised. Some of you offered a guess that purposefully removing either the male or female role model from the home was a no harm no foul on the child and I've been busy destroying that colossal error. You keep pretending I don't know what the issue is though, that is a much safer play on your part.

    Tell us what the difference is.
    Who is "us?"

    I've already given you "a" purpose. Prove design.
    What...are you talking about? You've given nothing. And I need not prove anything, I'm speaking reality and nature, remember. There are proven already.

    Sad. You do not understand what a logical fallacy is. Interesting since that is how you debate.
    But...how I debate.....much like how you moderate....as you've consistently reminded me...isn't the issue. I trust you being the fair warrior, I'll hear no more about my process.....and we'll remain on content. I've been careful to address your argument...not you.

    And as polite as I can be, I couldn't care less what makes you 'sad' either. Nothing personal, I'm not getting sad here. Slaughtering this argument of yours is quite fun, and...mine contains no fallacy, logical or otherwise. Not that you've shown anyway.

    Any data you have given has been trumped by the information and data I have provided. How does it feel to lose so colossally huge?
    So, a child does not, nor is not affected by the absence of a father in the home? Is this your position? Cause, that ain't winning and I'm sorry about that.

    Marriage IS about a contract and IS about what benefits the state. That is why the government sanctions it. You just put your foot in your mouth...again.
    To government...it is about contract and benefits. Legality and for the common good. For example, you may not enter this contract with your sister. Regardless of gender. Many states do not permit first cousins to enter into matrimony....do we know any contracts like this?

    To society, to We the People...it is clearly much more than a contract. And, as it is our right to define our institution and as our government governs at the consent of the governed, we outlaw first cousin marriage contracts. It is no longer a contract or benefit when we do not allow you to marry your brother, there is no other binding contract denied you and your brother, marriage is it.

    We do not permit you to enter into this contract should you already be in a contract with another....a unique feature I should say. Know any contracts that resemble that....a patent perhaps?

    My feet firmly on the ground...as grounded as my argument you still cannot deflect. Marriage is seen by our society as uch more than a contract. The government sees it as a contract with bennies...but puts unique standards and laws that are applicable and these laws are defined by society...or should be. It isn't up to a robe or suit to determine who gets married, We the People need to determine that and.....we have.

    Dismantling your position was simple.
    Any objective reader knows you haven't even come close.

    You have opened my eyes to your argument. And I see it for what it is: absolutely nothing.
    I'm dead on here, we both know it.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #1028
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Charles,

    Did you have a position? I noticed only that you blatantly misused statistics. You used single parent statistics in reference to gay couples. Then you used statistics of only heterosexual couples in reference to gay couples.

    If I found that children raised by wolves were better off that children raised by bears, then how would that tell me anything about children raised by dingos? The analogy is that you can't compare children who were raised by biological parents to children raised by single parents and determine how they would be compared to children raised by gay couples. Having two incomes to support a child plays a far greater role in how that child turns out than what the sexes of the parents are.

    Absolutely nothing you have said has indicated that children raised by gay couples are no better or worse off than children raise by heterosexual couples.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 12-23-09 at 04:55 AM.

  9. #1029
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Yours can. a simple editor and common knowledge destroys your arguments
    Poor Charles. Still can wrap your brain around what's going on here. The level of your lack of knowledge on this topic is immense. You must practice. A lot.



    Is that your way of saying, uncle?
    No, it's my way of saying that your poor debating is really boring. Get some facts and maybe we could talk.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1030
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I'm enjoying the debate, not frustrating at all. what we are discussing is same sex marriage. And while I didn't raise the issue, children were raised. Some of you offered a guess that purposefully removing either the male or female role model from the home was a no harm no foul on the child and I've been busy destroying that colossal error. You keep pretending I don't know what the issue is though, that is a much safer play on your part.
    You don't know what the issue is and demonstrate this fact in every ill-informed post.



    Who is "us?"
    Ignoring the question. I accept your concession.



    What...are you talking about? You've given nothing. And I need not prove anything, I'm speaking reality and nature, remember. There are proven already.
    Can't prove it? Good...I accept your concession. That's two.



    But...how I debate.....much like how you moderate....as you've consistently reminded me...isn't the issue. I trust you being the fair warrior, I'll hear no more about my process.....and we'll remain on content. I've been careful to address your argument...not you.

    And as polite as I can be, I couldn't care less what makes you 'sad' either. Nothing personal, I'm not getting sad here. Slaughtering this argument of yours is quite fun, and...mine contains no fallacy, logical or otherwise. Not that you've shown anyway.
    You debate with nothing but non-logic. It is sad because you seem so passionate about that which you do not understand and are incorrect about. You can't even tell how badly you have been massacred. Or, you are still trying to save face. Here's a secret for you...it's not working.



    So, a child does not, nor is not affected by the absence of a father in the home? Is this your position? Cause, that ain't winning and I'm sorry about that.
    Please point out where I argued that. Oh...and as to your links...I'll get to them in a moment. They are quite easy to refute.



    To government...it is about contract and benefits. Legality and for the common good. For example, you may not enter this contract with your sister. Regardless of gender. Many states do not permit first cousins to enter into matrimony....do we know any contracts like this?

    To society, to We the People...it is clearly much more than a contract. And, as it is our right to define our institution and as our government governs at the consent of the governed, we outlaw first cousin marriage contracts. It is no longer a contract or benefit when we do not allow you to marry your brother, there is no other binding contract denied you and your brother, marriage is it.

    We do not permit you to enter into this contract should you already be in a contract with another....a unique feature I should say. Know any contracts that resemble that....a patent perhaps?

    My feet firmly on the ground...as grounded as my argument you still cannot deflect. Marriage is seen by our society as uch more than a contract. The government sees it as a contract with bennies...but puts unique standards and laws that are applicable and these laws are defined by society...or should be. It isn't up to a robe or suit to determine who gets married, We the People need to determine that and.....we have.
    All of which is irrelevant to the argument at hand. But I'd imagine you already know that. Trying to throw in red herrings may work on others, but it is a weak debate tactic, Charles, one you seem very familiar with.



    Any objective reader knows you haven't even come close.
    Every objective reader knows that I've destroyed you over and over.



    I'm dead on here, we both know it.
    You're dead wrong here and we both know it.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 12-23-09 at 08:26 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •