Page 100 of 149 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #991
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, but nowhere did I say having children was the one and only reason to marry. There are many reasons to marry, bt as all those other reasons serve the family, creating/maintaining the family is the primary reason to marry. No family, no reason to marry.
    Newsflash: Gays and lesbians have children.

  2. #992
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Gay individuals might already have children too, so he should support them marrying to solidify the family unit.

    Or maybe, just maybe, he hasn't thought this stuff through and is just spewing half-baked opinions.

    I wonder which it is.
    Time will tell. It's the Jerry show.

  3. #993
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    As long as a gay couple has children or intends to have children, you're ok with them marrying.
    I would be a strong champion for those gay couples.

    I want to support gay-marriage, which is why I asked for data on gays raising children.

  4. #994
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, but nowhere did I say having children was the one and only reason to marry. There are many reasons to marry, but as all those other reasons serve the family, creating/maintaining the family is the primary reason to marry. No family, no business getting married.
    Just come out and say it - you think couples who won't have children should not marry. Right?

  5. #995
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I would be a strong champion for those gay couples.

    I want to support gay-marriage, which is why I asked for data on gays raising children.
    So you'd be for gay couples marrying with kids, but not grandma?

    As for data on gays raising children, they do. That's all the data you need. Whether they make good parents is another issue - funny how you've never asked for data on how good hetero parents are.

  6. #996
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Newsflash: Gays and lesbians have children.
    Great, let's get only those couples married while not marrying all the childless couples of any sexual orientation.

  7. #997
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I would be a strong champion for those gay couples.

    I want to support gay-marriage, which is why I asked for data on gays raising children.
    And the gays and lesbians who don't have children, you would be a strong advocate against them being able to civilly marry?

  8. #998
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Great, let's get only those couples married while not marrying all the childless couples of any sexual orientation.
    Sure Jerry. Whatever you say... You're at war with childless married couples?
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 12-22-09 at 07:35 PM.

  9. #999
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Great, let's get only those couples married while not marrying all the childless couples of any sexual orientation.
    Okay, so you oppose marriage by the childless, even the hetero childless.

    So why aren't you out there proposing laws to ban the infertile from marrying? Would there be a fertility test for a marriage license? You'd have to pledge to have kids? What if you change your mind, is the marriage annulled?

  10. #1000
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    And the gays and lesbians who don't have children, you would be a strong advocate against them being able to civilly marry?
    That's right.

    ***
    W00t, post 1,000

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •