Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113

Thread: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

  1. #1
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Negotiations at the UN climate summit have been suspended after developing countries withdrew their co-operation.
    Delegations were angry at what they saw as moves by the Danish host government to sideline talks on more emission cuts under the Kyoto Protocol.
    As news spread around the conference centre, activists chanted "We stand with Africa - Kyoto targets now".
    Informal talks continue, and the UN climate convention head said the formal agenda should resume in the afternoon.
    The countries which have suspended co-operation are those which make up the G77-China bloc of 130 nations. These range from wealthy countries such as South Korea, to some of the poorest states in the world.
    The G77-China bloc speaks for developing countries in the climate change negotiation process.
    Blocs representing poor countries vulnerable to climate change have been adamant that rich nations must commit to emission cuts beyond 2012 under the Kyoto Protocol.
    BBC News - Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Finally, some good news out of Copenhagen!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #2
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,462
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    BBC News - Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Finally, some good news out of Copenhagen!
    The Green Gulag has been slowed but not stopped.

    This is hilarious (comment added):
    Blocs representing poor (corrupt, welfare state) countries (with ample resources of their own to get themselves out of their own messes were it not for their own ineptitude and decades of the West feeding their corrupt regimes are) vulnerable to climate change (and) have been adamant that rich nations must commit to emission cuts beyond 2012 under the Kyoto Protocol (and pay them through the nose).
    They forgot women and children hardest hit.

    Must say, they're losing their touch.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Blocs representing poor (corrupt, welfare state) countries (with ample resources of their own to get themselves out of their own messes were it not for their own ineptitude and decades of the West feeding their corrupt regimes are) vulnerable to climate change (and) have been adamant that rich nations must commit to emission cuts beyond 2012 under the Kyoto Protocol (and pay them through the nose).
    .


  4. #4
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Oddly, it seems to me that instead of being worried about vulnerabilities to climate change, "developing countries" might better spend their time being worried about things like poverty, starvation, squalor, and just being general national failures.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Oddly, it seems to me that instead of being worried about vulnerabilities to climate change, "developing countries" might better spend their time being worried about things like poverty, starvation, squalor, and just being general national failures.
    That would require accountability....
    Not gonna happen......

  6. #6
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,462
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Oddly, it seems to me that instead of being worried about vulnerabilities to climate change, "developing countries" might better spend their time being worried about things like poverty, starvation, squalor, and just being general national failures.
    Job #1... stamp out their endless cesspools of corruption.
    We should deny them aid until it happens. Otherwise we are just feeding the beast.

    You can't get rid of it all, but they have so much to slash away it's sickening.

    I had a friend that worked all over the continent for 25-years, and after listening to his stories said he should write a book about it. He said he wouldn't live long if he did. Pretty sobering. Then I asked him to write it and have it published posthumously. He died only a year later. Too bad.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Job #1... stamp out their endless cesspools of corruption.
    We should deny them aid until it happens. Otherwise we are just feeding the beast.

    You can't get rid of it all, but they have so much to slash away it's sickening.

    I had a friend that worked all over the continent for 25-years, and after listening to his stories said he should write a book about it. He said he wouldn't live long if he did. Pretty sobering. Then I asked him to write it and have it published posthumously. He died only a year later. Too bad.

    .
    Cot off all foreign aid....
    This includes any cap & trade crap to the U.N.......

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    12-14-09 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    "CRU director Phil Jones told Australian scientist Warwick Hughes in a 2005 email: 'Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it.'"

    The American Spectator : Dead Ringer

    If our leader actually listened to reason this would be the reason why EVERYONE should walk out of Copenhagen

    PLUG:
    Please spread the word about Dr. Farid Khavari running for governor here in Florida. He is a doctor of economics with some great solutions for the economy including a North Dakota-style state bank.

    Khavari for Governor - Bank of the State of Florida

    Even if you don't live in Florida please understand that we need less career politicians and more academics running things.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJimMyers View Post
    "CRU director Phil Jones told Australian scientist Warwick Hughes in a 2005 email: 'Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it.'"

    The American Spectator : Dead Ringer
    THAT statement right there, says it all.

    From the True Believers of the house of Gore to the so called scientist that run this.

    Did Albert Einstein demand consensus for his Theories? No, he laid down the gauntlet and said "Find what's wrong here".
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #10
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    That would require accountability....
    Not gonna happen......
    but isn't this opposition exactly about accountability ... and the present attempts by those industrially developed nations which agreed to sign the kyoto protocol to escape those commitments
    "It has become clear that the Danish presidency - in the most undemocratic fashion - is advancing the interests of the developed countries at the expense of the balance of obligations between developed and developing countries," he told BBC Radio 4's The World at One programme.
    ...
    Last week, the Pacific island nation of Tuvalu forced a suspension after insisting that proposals to amend the UN climate convention and Kyoto Protocol be debated in full.
    the underdeveloped nations rightfully resent the koyoto protocol signatories trying to step away from their previously expressed commitments to mitigate their nations' impacts on global warming
    ... UK Climate Secretary Ed Miliband said that for the developed world to commit to further cuts under the Kyoto Protocol would be "irresponsible for the climate".
    He said it would leave some of the world's biggest emitters without targets for cutting emissions. ...
    it would appear the g77 bloc has a very real concern that the reason the kyoto signees oppose public discussion of expansion of the kyoto protocol is because they have already cut a deal in the back room:
    "The point is being made very loudly that African countries and the wider G77 bloc will not accept non-action on the Kyoto Protocol, and they're really afraid that a deal has been stitched up behind their backs," he told BBC News.
    fundamentally, this impasse underscores the chasm between the international haves and have-nots

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •