Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 113

Thread: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

  1. #61
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    No, Vicchio, just giving you an update on the 'suspended' talks.

    They were already back at the table by the time you posted.
    Yes, it was a staged WALK OUT.

    See how that works? You're trying to say it was a nothing event, a no big deal.

    That's patently dishonest of you.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The issue isn't about "global warming" or "global cooling"....which by the way, the planet's been in a cooling phase for a solid decade from the recent local maxima shown in 1998....which wasn't the warmest year in that century, that honor falls to 1938.
    Also, it's the rediculous assumption that CO2, which is a trace NUTRIENT required for life is suddenly equivalent to a deadly nerve toxin...

    Especially when THIS is the raw data :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mxmo9DskYE"]YouTube- Hockey Stick over Time - Narrated[/ame]

    The issue is what influence human activity has on global climate.
    I would wager aside from weather control technologies (as described in the treaty on 'weather weapons') that our impact on the climate is negligable overall.

    Given that the promoters of AGW theory have to hide their data and lie, and given that AGW theory consistently fails to predict things like the current cooling trend, the issue is really "why the hell are we wasting time and money on these charlatan AGW people?"
    Because people like Al Gore already have the companies lined up and invested in to implement the carbon taxes that the copenhagen treaty is attempting to create.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    No, Vicchio, just giving you an update on the 'suspended' talks.

    They were already back at the table by the time you posted.
    That's too bad... I figured that they walked out of the table because those representing the African nations read the part of the treaty where they would be forced to take on 'green loans' through the IMF and World Bank, and knowing the track record of those institutions on their nations, it seems no real surprise to me that they might stage a protest.
    Last edited by BmanMcfly; 12-15-09 at 05:26 AM.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, it was a staged WALK OUT.

    See how that works? You're trying to say it was a nothing event, a no big deal.

    That's patently dishonest of you.
    The 'walk out' lasted less than 90 minutes -- can you say lunch break?

    This entire thread is typically intellectually dishonest of you.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Also, it's the rediculous assumption that CO2, which is a trace NUTRIENT required for life is suddenly equivalent to a deadly nerve toxin...

    Especially when THIS is the raw data :
    YouTube- Hockey Stick over Time - Narrated
    Why do newbies always whip out these b.s. denialist arguments -- like we've never seen them before.

    Mcfly -- stop. We've been there, done that.

    There's a chunk of ice the size of Manhattan heading toward Australia. Hello? Not good.

    Quick, go copy/paste the denialist explanation for why that's all perfectly normal. Big chunks of ice always float around the ocean.

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why do newbies always whip out these b.s. denialist arguments -- like we've never seen them before.

    Mcfly -- stop. We've been there, done that.

    There's a chunk of ice the size of Manhattan heading toward Australia. Hello? Not good.

    Quick, go copy/paste the denialist explanation for why that's all perfectly normal. Big chunks of ice always float around the ocean.

    What? You mean that big chunks of Ice don't float around the ocean? Well, what did the Titanic hit then? I bet it was a right wing conspiracy to boost the stock of North Star Lines wasn't it?

    Quick, turn to page 27 of Allinski's book to see how to marginalize me......


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why do newbies always whip out these b.s. denialist arguments -- like we've never seen them before.

    Mcfly -- stop. We've been there, done that.

    There's a chunk of ice the size of Manhattan heading toward Australia. Hello? Not good.

    Quick, go copy/paste the denialist explanation for why that's all perfectly normal. Big chunks of ice always float around the ocean.
    Global awrming will cause it to melt before it reaches Australia. Don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What? You mean that big chunks of Ice don't float around the ocean? Well, what did the Titanic hit then? I bet it was a right wing conspiracy to boost the stock of North Star Lines wasn't it?

    Quick, turn to page 27 of Allinski's book to see how to marginalize me......


    j-mac
    have you seen the difference between the arctic and antarctic, if not let me fill you in, the arctic is just lumps of ice floating around the ocean, which is what the titanic hit, antarctica, on the other hand is a continent that is surrounded by ice shelves, these ice shelves usually stay stuck to the continent, but when a giant one breaks free and heads for Western Australia, it may be a bit of an oddity

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    have you seen the difference between the arctic and antarctic, if not let me fill you in, the arctic is just lumps of ice floating around the ocean, which is what the titanic hit, antarctica, on the other hand is a continent that is surrounded by ice shelves, these ice shelves usually stay stuck to the continent, but when a giant one breaks free and heads for Western Australia, it may be a bit of an oddity


    Ever happened before?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ever happened before?


    j-mac
    not in the last couple of thousand years that i can find, ice shelves tend to be pretty tough

  10. #70
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why do newbies always whip out these b.s. denialist arguments -- like we've never seen them before.

    Mcfly -- stop. We've been there, done that.
    It's a valid argument until the chicken little global camp debunks it, go ahead, we have time.............
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •