Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 113

Thread: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

  1. #41
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why are the data sets used to formulate this hypothesis that the earth is warming due to man's emission of CO2 now not available?


    j-mac
    I don't know and don't care. I don't believe in the apocalyptic theories spewed by Global Waring supporters. I haven't seen any strong evidence to show that C02 increase will have any significant impact. I do however believe in lowering C02 levels since we are able to to advert any possible risk. I see no negative effects of making things more energy efficient where we can. Why not do it if we are capable of doing it and avoid any theorized risks?

    All of this though doesn't stop me from understanding that global warming can create temporary cold climates. Keep in mind in terms of the Earth and climate change temporary could be centuries long.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by carlkay58 View Post
    And the developing nations reply that "you guys did it to on your way to being rich but you say we can't do it because you wrecked the environment?"

    It is the developed nations removing the path to development from the countries trying to become developed. It is hypocritical, elitism, and overbearing. Without the developed nations taking the lead and at least showing some effort to cut their emissions, then why should the developing nations go a higher cost route to become developed nations? It is just one more barrier to become a developed nation. And when you through in the growing evidence that this is "fake science" then it becomes a tool to keep the little guys down while continuing to grab it all for the big guys.

    So look at it from their perspective and see that it sure seems like another way to keep the poor nations in the dirt and under the heels of the rich nations.
    No. It's product of circumstance and nothing more. Many of the currently "developed" nations came up in a time when we didn't know the impact as well. Now we know, and we want to say this is a time sensitive, global problem. Well if that's true, then it is as it is. Sorry, but we learned some more information and now know better repercussions. As such, everyone must be held to similar standards if it truly is this time sensitive, global problem. If we understand pollution as a global problem which must be addressed, it makes no sense for less developed countries to be exempted since they will be polluting much more. The overall effect will be to shift manufacturing to the less controlled areas and you'll net out more pollution than you would have if you kept manufacturing in the more tightly controlled countries. It's either a problem which must be addressed globally, or it's not. If it's not, let's not sugar coat things and try to purposefully attack industrialized nations while subsidizing less industrialized nations. If it is, then we must get to solution/regulation and hold everyone on the globe to the same standards.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,133

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It is not for anyone else to "dis" prove your claims, but the onus is on you to prove your own claims.


    j-mac
    it is your claim that junk science is being used

    it is noted that you are unable to provide anything* showing junk science is behind the global warming concerns

    *nothing other than your backward, flat-earth opinion

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    ok, show us the science that disproves the global warming data

    something credible

    until then you may as well try to convince us the earth is flat
    There is 'credible' evidence for both sides, except the only problem is most of the 'controversy' is coming from the Global Warming camp because it always seems that they're doing something wrong or using fear mongering. Whereas the non-global warming community is like...eh...**** you Al Gore. And the Carbon Tax horse you rode in on.

  5. #45
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,133

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    There is 'credible' evidence for both sides, except the only problem is most of the 'controversy' is coming from the Global Warming camp because it always seems that they're doing something wrong or using fear mongering. Whereas the non-global warming community is like...eh...**** you Al Gore. And the Carbon Tax horse you rode in on.
    then identify for us the science which provides proof that there is no global warming

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then identify for us the science which provides proof that there is no global warming
    Alright it was too much to copy and paste so do this. And you have to follow these steps precisely or it won't work.

    Step 1. Go to google.

    Step 2. Search "Global Warming" and a combination of the words: refuted, wrong, against, negates, etc.

    Step 3. Go through the results until you find .gov .edu .org (in that order) as these sometimes are the most objective. Check their credibility, then read what they have to say.

    Step 4. Go back through your results and search for scholarly articles and journals, once again checking the author and credibility, and then reading the information contained within.

    Step 5. ????????

    Step 6. PROFIT!!!!


    Here is an example:

    After searching: "Global Warming" and "Debunked" I came across a .gov link

    U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works

    Renowned Scientist Defects From Belief in Global Warming – Caps Year of Vindication for Skeptics
    An excerpt:

    ...Claude Allegre, a former government official and an active member of France’s Socialist Party, wrote an editorial on September 21, 2006 in the French newspaper L'Express titled “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” (For English Translation, click here: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works ) detailing his newfound skepticism about manmade global warming. See: http://www.lexpress.fr/idees/tribune...asp?ida=451670 Allegre wrote that the “cause of climate change remains unknown” and pointed out that Kilimanjaro is not losing snow due to global warming, but to local land use and precipitation changes. Allegre also pointed out that studies show that Antarctic snowfall rate has been stable over the past 30 years and the continent is actually gaining ice.

    “Following the month of August experienced by the northern half of France, the prophets of doom of global warming will have a lot on their plate in order to make our fellow countrymen swallow their certitudes,” Allegre wrote. He also accused proponents of manmade catastrophic global warming of being motivated by money, noting that “the ecology of helpless protesting has become a very lucrative business for some people!”

    Allegre, a member of both the French and U.S. Academy of Sciences, had previously expressed concern about manmade global warming. "By burning fossil fuels, man enhanced the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which has raised the global mean temperature by half a degree in the last century," Allegre wrote 20 years ago. In addition, Allegre was one of 1500 scientists who signed a November 18, 1992 letter titled “World Scientists' Warning to Humanity” in which the scientists warned that global warming’s “potential risks are very great.” See: Warning to Humanity

    Allegre has authored more than 100 scientific articles, written 11 books and received numerous scientific awards including the Goldschmidt Medal from the Geochemical Society of the United States...
    And conveniently enough, it has links to his article. And more than enough info on him for you to Google HIM and go from there.

    Translated Article
    U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works


    This link doesn't work, But I'm searching for the article, problem is I don't speak french and can't find an English version of the site. I did just go to the main page and search his name, and it came back with a few articles, so I think it's just a typo in the link.
    http://www.lexpress.fr/idees/tribune...asp?ida=451670

    Here's the search page for that paper:
    Actualité en ligne : L'Express - votre recherche sur LExpress.fr


    Overall, It's [Google] pretty easy if you know what you want to find. of course someone like you might just search "Global Warming Facts" and take the National Geographic's ten 'facts' about Global Warming...or what are they calling it now? Climate Change (Yeah, the 3rd name's a charm.) I know it's easier if everyone brings their own facts to the table but sometimes you'd do better to DISPROVE someone when they don't give you facts because you can go out and refute, refute, refute them much easier if they have no facts to back it up. OR You may find that you were wrong or didn't have the whole story.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJimMyers View Post
    "Even if you don't live in Florida please understand that we need less career politicians and more academics running things.
    You missed spelled a word. I think you mean "Americans", ie, real Americans who believe in freedom, not government.

    I seriously do not think we need more pointy-headed academics like ex-Hahvahd Law Perfesser Messiah in government.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    THAT statement right there, says it all.

    From the True Believers of the house of Gore to the so called scientist that run this.

    Did Albert Einstein demand consensus for his Theories? No, he laid down the gauntlet and said "Find what's wrong here".
    That's what science is.

    People who don't want their theories examined for flaws aren't scientists.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    By what criteria are China and South Korea still developing countries? South Korea possibly has the most developed economy in the world.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 12-14-09 at 07:46 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations 'suspended'

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    The Kyoto Treaty was formed using junk science, it needs to be recinded....
    It should have never been signed in the first place....

    No no no. I completely disagree. ALL nations that signed and ratified Kyoto should be forced to meet their obligations.

    Fortunately, the United States never ratified Kyoto.

    What a shame, we don't have to comply with it.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •