Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 197

Thread: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

  1. #131
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    And my point is, maybe they don't care about "being gay" when voting for a Mayor. They are realizing that partaking in homosexual activity doesn't make you different. HUZZAH!
    Maybe it makes them just a little different.

    q. why do so many gay men have beards?

    a. to hide their stretch marks.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #132
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    I'm glad, I wish I lived in Houston, Dallas would never do that.


  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Maybe it makes them just a little different.

    q. why do so many gay men have beards?

    a. to hide their stretch marks.
    You are a bad, bad man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are a bad, bad man.
    So is the gay drummer who told me that joke.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are a bad, bad man.
    Danarhea must be either a steer or a queer. It is Texas after all ya'll know.

  6. #136
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    People near Houston are more progressive ... We don't have that many bible thumpers here..... . I am happy about that too.



    Props to Houston, for voting in a person based on their skills, and not their sexuality.
    This post reminds me of the time right before I moved from Houston. I was dating a girl (who's family was well known in the retail industry and very influential Baylor alumnist's <if that's even a word>, if the word Dillard rings a bell to anyone) and she volunteered to run the sound board at 2nd Baptist Church. I would go to church with her and the preacher there was named Dr. Fred Young, I believe. Anyways, I remember him wailing from the pulpit the most hateful diatribes against gays and they organized many committee's bent of oppressing gays of even the most simplest of rights.

    So, I think this is a giant leap of progress for Houston. Hat's off to Houston for getting one right.

    Progress is slow but sure when it comes to liberty here in the US. Even Texas. I encourage the members of the gay community to have patience as all trends show to be heading in their favor regarding equal rights.

    Also, this post caught my eye because Humble (the poster's place of residence) was a regular stomping grounds of mine and I wanted to give a shout out to my neighbor.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    This post reminds me of the time right before I moved from Houston. I was dating a girl (who's family was well known in the retail industry and very influential Baylor alumnist's <if that's even a word>, if the word Dillard rings a bell to anyone) and she volunteered to run the sound board at 2nd Baptist Church. I would go to church with her and the preacher there was named Dr. Fred Young, I believe. Anyways, I remember him wailing from the pulpit the most hateful diatribes against gays and they organized many committee's bent of oppressing gays of even the most simplest of rights.

    So, I think this is a giant leap of progress for Houston. Hat's off to Houston for getting one right.

    Progress is slow but sure when it comes to liberty here in the US. Even Texas. I encourage the members of the gay community to have patience as all trends show to be heading in their favor regarding equal rights.

    Also, this post caught my eye because Humble (the poster's place of residence) was a regular stomping grounds of mine and I wanted to give a shout out to my neighbor.
    I remember Dillards in NorthPark growing up. I alsoe remember Sanger Harris. The place to go for me though was Neiman Marcus. After all my Grandfather worked as a buyer for Stanely Marcus when Neiman Marcus first started out here in downtown Dallas.

  8. #138
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    I might add that the girl I was dating, who I sometimes thought was a Limbaugh re-incarnate with all her rightwing ideals, was a hard-core democrat. I bring this up to point out how times really have changed.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #139
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    How come whenever an election represents some type of milestone or a "first in history" people always say its not based on skills?

    Ironic ...


  10. #140
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    How come whenever an election represents some type of milestone or a "first in history" people always say its not based on skills?

    Ironic ...
    For the same reson that when someone criticizes that person's performance you Libbos scream and cry that it's some sort of prejudice rather than actual performance.

    That door swings both ways.
    Last edited by apdst; 12-13-09 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •