Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 197

Thread: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Not only did you not read my response to you in that thread, you didn't even read the article you claim is your "proof"

    But as Savic herself acknowledges, the study can't say whether the brain differences are inherited, or result from abnormally high or low exposure in the womb to sex hormones such as testosterone.


    How embarrassing you have to be shown what is in the very article you claim is evidence.
    I think you must be new at this. Did I make a claim as to causation? Did I say the article proved what caused things? You are the one who makes a cause as to causation, which you have still lacked to back up in any way, just calling any one who disagrees ignorant. The ignorance here lies in another direction, with some one who thinks pointing out a random fact that has nothing to do with the claim made is refuting the claim. With some one who claims that "gays are not created, to believe so is a fallacy", but never offers one bit of evidence to back up this statement, and runs away from the challenge to offer evidence of his claim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #122
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wow, what an incredibly stupid post! What if any one is bad with their job? Does her being gay make it more likely she will be bad? How is this relevant at all?
    Most likely a combination of being gay and a woman that will make her fail!

    And yes that is highly sarcastic and is in no way my personal opinion.
    PeteEU

  3. #123
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Steers can't be queer. It's like a gelding can't be.
    Bison can be though. Bull bison do engage in anal sex with each other.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #124
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Prop 8 was in large part funded by the Mormons, and you are correct, they comprise such a small percentage of the California population. Why then were the Mormons so involved in prop 8 in much large proportion than Catholics.

    You are also correct that black voters played a large role in prop 8 as well, but not in disproportion to the numbers in the population.

    Anyone who has lived in Utah knows, the Mormon church controls the government in greater numbers than the population. When I lived there, Mormons comprised about 60% of the population and yet, they comprise 97% of the legislature.
    Got proof that there was more Mormon than Catholic involvement?
    You lived in Utah? and you didn't get abducted and forcibly baptised in the dead of night? Damn Mormons, you can't trust them....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #125
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you must be new at this. Did I make a claim as to causation? Did I say the article proved what caused things? You are the one who makes a cause as to causation, which you have still lacked to back up in any way, just calling any one who disagrees ignorant. The ignorance here lies in another direction, with some one who thinks pointing out a random fact that has nothing to do with the claim made is refuting the claim. With some one who claims that "gays are not created, to believe so is a fallacy", but never offers one bit of evidence to back up this statement, and runs away from the challenge to offer evidence of his claim.
    Let me break this down for you.

    You claimed a "study" gave evidence of genetic differences in homosexuals.

    Then you decided to taunt claiming this was "evidence"

    I pointed to the very study you were quoting that proved even the scientist who conducted the study could not confirm is was genetic and could be any number of factors including environment that led to her findings.

    Its called reading carefully. You should try it before crowing how this proved your point only to be embarrassed later by quotes from your own study.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #126
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And no one ever talked about women or sex while you were in the military, right?

    The reality is...gay soldiers either have to pretend to be straight or they are outed. Just look at the number of discharges since DADT.
    And, you know this from your vast military experience? You know better than I do about the minutiae of soldier life.
    Last edited by apdst; 12-13-09 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #127
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Got proof that there was more Mormon than Catholic involvement?
    You lived in Utah? and you didn't get abducted and forcibly baptised in the dead of night? Damn Mormons, you can't trust them....
    I think its been well established where the majority of the funding came from. But if I get the time, I will do a search and post a link.

    Yes...I lived in Utah for 25 years. Born and raised there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-Mormon. In fact, I often stand up for Mormons. There are a lot of good things that the Mormons do. On this particular issue, though...they were dead wrong and I'm very disappointed that the Mormons would engage in the type of lies and deceit that surrounded the yes on 8 crowd. Lying is lying whether you believe the greater good of your cause is just.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #128
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wow, what an incredibly stupid post! What if any one is bad with their job? Does her being gay make it more likely she will be bad? How is this relevant at all?
    It's just as relevant as that stupid huzzah BS you posted earlier into he thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #129
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Bison can be though. Bull bison do engage in anal sex with each other.
    But, bison aren't steers. Do you know what a steer actually? I'm thinking you don't, because you're obviously missing out on the humor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #130
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Houston, Texas elects first openly gay mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Let me break this down for you.

    You claimed a "study" gave evidence of genetic differences in homosexuals.

    Then you decided to taunt claiming this was "evidence"

    I pointed to the very study you were quoting that proved even the scientist who conducted the study could not confirm is was genetic and could be any number of factors including environment that led to her findings.

    Its called reading carefully. You should try it before crowing how this proved your point only to be embarrassed later by quotes from your own study.
    You are completely mistaken. You will of course show where I said that gays have a genetic difference. Oh wait, I have not said that. Let's look at my actual words:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    In point of fact, there are a large number of research papers on the topic of why people have a certain orientation, and a fair number support the idea that orientation is not learned or chosen. With this being the case, your claim that there is no evidence that people are created gay is false.
    You should not tell others to read carefully when you have not.

    Now, once again, you make this claim:

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There is no evidence people are created gay. To beleive that is to believe a fallacy.
    Now, I have asked several times for you to document this claim, and you have not yet done so. Would you care to do so now, or admit you are just making crap up?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •