Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

  1. #71
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    then our money, among other things, is unconstitutional

    IN GOD WE TRUST
    Yes. So?

    ............

  2. #72
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    A suggestion to both sides of this debate: who cares about the phrase "separation of church and state?" It's just shorthand for what the 1st actually says. The actual wording still supports what ends up being separation of church and state after the cases are decided. Just go with what it actually says and don't worry about it.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yes. So?

    ............
    you have to ask?

    again?

    LOL!

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    A suggestion to both sides of this debate: who cares about the phrase "separation of church and state?" It's just shorthand for what the 1st actually says. The actual wording still supports what ends up being separation of church and state after the cases are decided. Just go with what it actually says and don't worry about it.
    Funny.

    It looks like it separates Congress from the ability to tax, regulate or prohibit an establishment of Religion to me.

  5. #75
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you have to ask?

    again?

    LOL!
    Yes. Why does the fact that something is currently being done make it constitutional?

  6. #76
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    Funny.

    It looks like it separates Congress from the ability to tax, regulate or prohibit an establishment of Religion to me.
    Yeah, that is funny.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yeah, that is funny.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

    laugh away.

  8. #78
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

    laugh away.
    Hahahahaha!

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you had actually read the original comment you would have known the statement was about the founders of the ACLU being communists which is exactly accurate.

    But of course instead of that you chose to spiral off on some wild sarcastic tangent which had nothing to do with the original statement.

    Reading comprehension FTW

    Is this the post i 'dodged'
    Yes I so care.

    Since when was communism illegal?

    (uh oh secret commie!)

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: ACLU loses a quarter of its annual donations

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Is this the post i 'dodged'
    Yes I so care.

    Since when was communism illegal?

    (uh oh secret commie!)

    Being one is not illegal, subverting our government because you think everyone else should be one too, is.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •