Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 69

Thread: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

  1. #31
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, in the part you bolded, could you give examples of what Obama has done to fit into this category?


    j-mac

    Obama Awarded Peace Prize - WSJ.com

    Agot Valle, a Norwegian politician and member of the committee, said in a phone interview that the choice of Mr. Obama was primarily related to his stance on nuclear disarmament. Ms. Valle said the committee last met on Oct. 5, and that the decision to choose him was unanimous. She said his recent work at the United Nations in late September to pass a resolution calling for a strengthened Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty helped his candidacy.

    "There is a criticism about the war in Afghanistan, and I understand that," said Ms. Valle. "But this was primarily an award on his work on, and commitment to, nuclear disarmament -- and his dialogue. Of course there will be criticism, because he hasn't achieved his goals yet. It will take time, but this is a support."
    Last edited by liblady; 12-11-09 at 02:11 PM.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #32
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Obama Awarded Peace Prize - WSJ.com

    Agot Valle, a Norwegian politician and member of the committee, said in a phone interview that the choice of Mr. Obama was primarily related to his stance on nuclear disarmament. Ms. Valle said the committee last met on Oct. 5, and that the decision to choose him was unanimous. She said his recent work at the United Nations in late September to pass a resolution calling for a strengthened Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty helped his candidacy.

    "There is a criticism about the war in Afghanistan, and I understand that," said Ms. Valle. "But this was primarily an award on his work on, and commitment to, nuclear disarmament -- and his dialogue. Of course there will be criticism, because he hasn't achieved his goals yet. It will take time, but this is a support."
    You do realize he has not disarmed a single nuclear missile right?

    So his question still stands. What has he done?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #33
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by tjinta ibis View Post
    Make war not peace?
    Hey! it was your guy who said it.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  4. #34
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    I think it was a great "in your face" speach to a bunch of european snobs, and for once obama didn't denigrate the us. Kudos to him.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You do realize he has not disarmed a single nuclear missile right?

    So his question still stands. What has he done?
    just because his efforts haven't yet borne fruit does not mean they don't exist.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Obama Awarded Peace Prize - WSJ.com

    Agot Valle, a Norwegian politician and member of the committee, said in a phone interview that the choice of Mr. Obama was primarily related to his stance on nuclear disarmament. Ms. Valle said the committee last met on Oct. 5, and that the decision to choose him was unanimous. She said his recent work at the United Nations in late September to pass a resolution calling for a strengthened Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty helped his candidacy.

    "There is a criticism about the war in Afghanistan, and I understand that," said Ms. Valle. "But this was primarily an award on his work on, and commitment to, nuclear disarmament -- and his dialogue. Of course there will be criticism, because he hasn't achieved his goals yet. It will take time, but this is a support."

    So they gave him the award based on "Hope, and Change"...... This is just another example of Euro liberal based elites looking for reason to further agendas. Now it seems all one has to do is have flowery rhetoric.

    Somehow, I don't think that is what Mr. Nobel envisioned.


    just because his efforts haven't yet borne fruit does not mean they don't exist.

    Is this the beginning of giving a trophy of participation in the world stage? It doesn't work for kids, and won't work here either.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #37
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    SgtRock's commentary on the President's speech is not "breaking news".

    Where are the mods in this forum??
    I posted a link to the text of the presidents speech from a ligit news organization on the day of the speech. Please explain why the president accepting a nobel peace prize is not breaking news.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    SgtRock's commentary on the President's speech is not "breaking news".

    Where are the mods in this forum??
    Are you for real?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    just because his efforts haven't yet borne fruit does not mean they don't exist.
    No, it just means they're for naught...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize acception speech

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Are you for real?
    Of course he's for real! When the Libbos see their God dissed, the invoke the rules, all of a sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •