Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 276

Thread: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I'm not denying that the black underclass is much larger than the white underclass but I submit that the issue is no longer disparity in opportunity and hasn't been for some time. I would submit that the issue is now a problem specific to elements in the black culture that seek to suppress a natural human desire to achieve and advance.

    I'm not going to bore you with detailing the obvious culprits like affirmative action. Instead, let me focus on something a little more subtle such as the culture of their churches. Black churches are steeped in racially divisive idealogies such as Black Liberation theology. The whole concept is that blacks are still a suppressed group and need to liberate...and, I don't know about anyone here, but I've never heard of a black man or woman in shackles workin the cotton fields in my time. The entire idea is an affront to the freedom blacks achieved and it impresses upon them an idea that they are victims. That victimhood goes right out the door on Sunday morning and carries over into a feeling of hopelessness when the parishioner shows up to work Monday morning. What should be an encouragement to achieve and rise up has now become a reminder that you're just a victim. So where is the point of ambition? And then external forces like affirmative action to that and it's the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about.
    I totally agree. I wish the black community had listened to Bill Cosby. I was so excited to hear what he said and then dismayed as they mounted a campaign against him. Hopefully a few heard him true.

    The leaders of these black churches and other groups promoting victimization do such harm. All they are doing is making a dishonest living.

  2. #132
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Look at it from my POV. I get it from three different directions. I got blacks talking in code with their hand over their mouths, hispanics speaking Spanish and Cajuns speaking French.

    My kids speak fluent French. One day, at a Mardi Gras parade, my oldest pulls me aside and told me that some old man just called me an asshole. I was ready to go kick that old dude's ass...lol
    Reminds me of a time I was with my Grandfather. Took him to the movies for his birthday and me and him were talking. A group of Mexicans (according to my grandfather) went up my Grandfather and said Puerto Ricans are nothing but sell outs. The guy got my grandfathers cane right across the head.

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I knew that and I don't think I made a reference to Mexican being a race. My understanding is that latino is also not a race. So I guess it isn't racism.
    Then explain why we alongside asians, Pacific islanders and bi/multi-racial people are classified as different races in government data.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  3. #133
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I think that that is all true, but I don't see how you addressed my question. Whites have it all; why would they need advancement? It's blacks who are suffering in racist America.
    so it's ok for them to attack Asians, oppress women and hate gays?
    Last edited by new coup for you; 12-10-09 at 07:56 PM.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Then explain why we alongside asians, Pacific islanders and bi/multi-racial people are classified as different races in government data.
    You want me to explain that!?

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    so it's ok for them to attack Asians, oppress women and hate gays?
    I knew I would get in trouble for playing the devils advocate. I don't really believe that...

  6. #136
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I knew I would get in trouble for playing the devils advocate. I don't really believe that...
    I'm actually very willing to believe that blacks suffer both contemporary prejudice and are still suffering from the historical crimes committed against them...however I don't see how either are relevant when considering their own current and frequent abuse against other marginalized groups.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I'm actually very willing to believe that blacks suffer both contemporary prejudice and are still suffering from the historical crimes committed against them...however I don't see how either are relevant when considering their own current and frequent abuse against other marginalized groups.
    I have one gg-grandfather that was born on Little Eva Plantation in Nachitoches Parish and another gg-grandfather that was born on Kateland Plantation in Rapides Parish. I haven't suffered a bit. Never collected a dime from welfare and have never been treated special because of my race. Everything that's happened in my adult life has come about because of the decisions that I made. The good and the bad.

    That's why I don't buy into the viciticrat BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I'm actually very willing to believe that blacks suffer both contemporary prejudice and are still suffering from the historical crimes committed against them...however I don't see how either are relevant when considering their own current and frequent abuse against other marginalized groups.
    I disagree. I don't think they suffer contemporary prejudice and are surely not suffering from the historical crimes committed against them.

    I think there is very little prejudice in the white man's world. There is affirmative action culturally so that a company can claim they are an equal opportunity employer. Black's are welcomed in my social circle, although there is only one I know. I am an engineer and blacks don't tend to go for those jobs.

    It is on the heads of the blacks to raise themselves up. This culture they have in poorer communities is insane, the gangsta culture, and it includes their attitudes toward other races and gays. It is on them.

  9. #139
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I have one gg-grandfather that was born on Little Eva Plantation in Nachitoches Parish and another gg-grandfather that was born on Kateland Plantation in Rapides Parish. I haven't suffered a bit. Never collected a dime from welfare and have never been treated special because of my race. Everything that's happened in my adult life has come about because of the decisions that I made. The good and the bad.

    That's why I don't buy into the viciticrat BS.
    Well I say that's good for you (and genuinely mean it) but I think their arguments that can be made on both sides in that debate. That debate, however, is not relevant to this incident. And that's the point I'm trying to make, these kinds of incidents are outside of the normal debate regarding race relations in America.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  10. #140
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: Attacked Asian Students Afraid To Go to School

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Well I say that's good for you (and genuinely mean it) but I think their arguments that can be made on both sides in that debate. That debate, however, is not relevant to this incident. And that's the point I'm trying to make, these kinds of incidents are outside of the normal debate regarding race relations in America.
    I think my side of the argument is the only side with any varacity. The other side is based on BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •