Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 177

Thread: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

  1. #111
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    He is a World War II vet. He is going to follow protocol whether he has to do so or not.

    Next, and for the 25th time, the law in that state prohibits laws deny persons the right to fly the national pennant. The HOA's contract violated local law ... AND THEREFORE AS A MATTER OF LAW IT IS UNENFORCEABLE.

    Since it is unenforceable.... HE IS NOT REQUIRED TO FOLLOW IT.

    You are wrong.

    Move on.
    NO, you are wrong. Move on.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    NO, you are wrong. Move on.
    No, YOU are wrong. I have a degree... you have a backwards right-wing opinion.

    I know how hard it is for you righties to accept defeat; however, you are beaten, your HOA buddies lost, and you are never going to get anywhere here.

    Local law trumped the HOA. They lost ... so did you.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Vader, what legal degrees do you have?
    I have an Associates of Applied Science in Legal Studies and I recently earned a Bachelor's of Applied Science in Legal Studies.

    I am telling you... the HOA is wrong (as was proven by their loss in court) and so is American.

    The far right is usually wrong on domestic matters, labor laws, and other such matters.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Seeing what Navy Pride wrote above, I am happy that I have him on ignore. His BS sickens me.
    aw shucks aps I thought we were buds, you are my second favorite lefty....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #115
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Anyone saying HAO's should be illegal is very ingnorant of their reasons for existance. I will certainly agree that some of the rules created by HOA's are too far reaching, such as the one in this post. However, HOA's fulfill a important legal position required by some neighborhoods. This legal position includes ownership of utilities owned by the neighborhood such as a road or maybe a sewer system. Without the HOA who would own these things if more than one household used them? HOA's are required for this reason.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I have an Associates of Applied Science in Legal Studies and I recently earned a Bachelor's of Applied Science in Legal Studies.

    I am telling you... the HOA is wrong (as was proven by their loss in court) and so is American.

    The far right is usually wrong on domestic matters, labor laws, and other such matters.
    They didn't lose. They backed down for some reason.

  7. #117
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Who cares what the law says? A Medal of Honor recipient wants to put up a flag pole. So what? Why does the HOA have to be so anal?
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Next, and for the 25th time, the law in that state prohibits laws deny persons the right to fly the national pennant.
    And yet again, they are not prohibiting him from flying the flag, they are prohibiting him from flying it on a large vertical flag pole.

    Secondly, it is FORSEEABLE because when he bought the house, HE KNEW THE RULES. Also, they didn't losem in court, they backed down.

    You are flat out WRONG.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-12-09 at 01:57 AM.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And yet again, they are not prohibiting him from flying the flag, they are prohibiting him from flying it on a large vertical flag pole.

    Secondly, it is FORSEEABLE because when he bought the house, HE KNEW THE RULES. Also, they didn't losem in court, they backed down.

    You are flat out WRONG.
    No, YOU are wrong.

    Local law trumps the HOA.

    Local law ALLOWS THE FLAGPOLE AND THE FLAG. You righties need to give up. You are wrong, the HOA was wrong, and ALL OF YOU LOST.

    The right-nazi HOA cocksuckers got owned like the 2 dollar whores they are.

    YOU LOSE.

    DEAL WITH IT.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia Veteran Wins Battle to Keep His Flagpole in Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    They didn't lose. They backed down for some reason.
    They lost. Local law prohibited their attack on the man in question. He is LEGALLY ENTITLED TO HAVE A FLAG AND A FLAG POLE.

    The far right neo-nazi HOA dickheads lost. Stop defending their sorry Nazi asses.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •