Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 418

Thread: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

  1. #101
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    1) Thats why deregulation doesn't work and why corporations have to regulated. Whoever came up with the "brilliant" idea that corporations could regulate themselves? Hmmm....oh yeah...Republicans.

    2) Have you spend any time in the real world lately?
    yes clearly this country is proof that it doesn't work.
    yes plenty. i see people walking around begging for money and i see people busting ass working construction on a sunday. the guys begging for money speak better english than the guys busting ass doing construction. if anything they had less of an opportunity. you can make excuses all day long but in the end you should look in a mirror.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is not entirely true. The Southern Strategy is just a name given to a vote gathering strategy from Southern whites. It was first used by Southern Democrats in the 40s and 50s when campaigning against desegregation and for the continuance of Jim Crow laws. It was picked up by Republicans in the 60s and given an official name by Nixon later on. You're both wrong.
    Not true. There was no true southern strategy until the 1960s. Until 1964, the south voted almost completely Democratic. That changed when the south voted for Goldwater, then Nixon adopted the actual southern strategy to win the election in 1972 and sweep the south, along with the rest of the country. Wallace won much of the south in 1968.

    Many southern Democrats broke away from the party in the 1940s and 1950s, but the presidential elections were not affected. Democrats won the southern states overwhelmingly until Goldwater in 1964.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #103
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    1) Thats why deregulation doesn't work and why corporations have to regulated. Whoever came up with the "brilliant" idea that corporations could regulate themselves? Hmmm....oh yeah...Republicans.

    2) In the real world that simply isn't true.
    The greatest amount of corporate deregulation this country has seen in decades occured under clinton.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  4. #104
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The greatest amount of corporate deregulation this country has seen in decades occured under clinton.
    one could actually argue that it's government regulation of corporations that's causing the problem.

  5. #105
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    yes clearly this country is proof that it doesn't work.
    yes plenty. i see people walking around begging for money and i see people busting ass working construction on a sunday. the guys begging for money speak better english than the guys busting ass doing construction. if anything they had less of an opportunity. you can make excuses all day long but in the end you should look in a mirror.
    Yes....this country worked because for years we had regulations. GWB and the Republicans deregulated a great deal of our industry creating the majority of the problems that we are facing today.

    You want to get America back to where we were? Eliminate corporate welfare, provide incentives to American companies that keep jobs here and pay a living wage, back up that incentive with governmental regulations that rein in corporate greed.....thats how you get America working again....but everytime we try to do that.....Republicans scream income redistribution and socialism. Republicans cannot stand to lose their corporate welfare.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #106
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Yes....this country worked because for years we had regulations. GWB and the Republicans deregulated a great deal of our industry creating the majority of the problems that we are facing today.

    You want to get America back to where we were? Eliminate corporate welfare, provide incentives to American companies that keep jobs here and pay a living wage, back up that incentive with governmental regulations that rein in corporate greed.....thats how you get America working again....but everytime we try to do that.....Republicans scream income redistribution and socialism. Republicans cannot stand to lose their corporate welfare.
    i'm not for corporate welfare but haven't corporations helped feed more people than government welfare?

  7. #107
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    i'm not for corporate welfare but haven't corporations helped feed more people than government welfare?
    That's exactly the point...you feed them enough to keep them hungry and ensure that there is a large pool of hungry and unemployed in order to protect your cheap labor force.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #108
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's exactly the point...you feed them enough to keep them hungry and ensure that there is a large pool of hungry and unemployed in order to protect your cheap labor force.
    of course then a competing corporation hires them for more money because they can and still make money. your hate for corporations is pretty much made up. i feel that you have serious jealousy issues that are keeping you from thinking logically.

  9. #109
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    one could actually argue that it's government regulation of corporations that's causing the problem.
    I believe they do need to be regulated. What's at question is how much. I believe the banking intrests who engaged in the practices that led to the meltdown weren't regulated effectively enough. I'm concerned obama's spending proposals will bankrupt the country.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #110
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New Poll shows Tea party more popular than Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Not true. There was no true southern strategy until the 1960s. Until 1964, the south voted almost completely Democratic. That changed when the south voted for Goldwater, then Nixon adopted the actual southern strategy to win the election in 1972 and sweep the south, along with the rest of the country. Wallace won much of the south in 1968.

    Many southern Democrats broke away from the party in the 1940s and 1950s, but the presidential elections were not affected. Democrats won the southern states overwhelmingly until Goldwater in 1964.
    Correct.

    Before that, there was no need for a "southern strategy" by either party because the Democrats had a firm lock on the South since the Civil War.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •