Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 275

Thread: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

  1. #131
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I don't think I'm horribly over-reacting at all.

    Yes, you can say whatever you want. So can I.
    It's all an overreact. It's common for the holier than thou PC type. They'll run their mouths as much as they can, but as soon as someone else says something they don't like, they launch into a tirade. You went as far as leveling personal attacks against me at least twice, which is a violation of rules on this forum. But it highlights the point. Especially if you were in previous threads talking about how words are just words. You've rallied against me for nothing more than a choice of words. You've gotten on your soap box and have tried to ruled from up high.

    Basically I used a word, you took offense and insulted me. Yet somehow you think yourself not a hypocrite because of it. But that's the problem with holier-than-thou standpoints. It blinds you to your own hypocrisy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    9/11. The hostage crisis. Should I go on?
    So now Iran was behind 9/11? Wow, the CONS are sure living up to their name.

  3. #133
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's all an overreact. It's common for the holier than thou PC type. They'll run their mouths as much as they can, but as soon as someone else says something they don't like, they launch into a tirade. You went as far as leveling personal attacks against me at least twice, which is a violation of rules on this forum. But it highlights the point. Especially if you were in previous threads talking about how words are just words. You've rallied against me for nothing more than a choice of words. You've gotten on your soap box and have tried to ruled from up high.
    Yeah yeah yeah. You sound like a teenager whining about how the world is so unfair and you're going to kill yourself because you aren't allowed to go on dates until you're 16.

    All I did was make an observation about your choice of words. Happens every day here. Get over it and stop acting like a child.

    Basically I used a word, you took offense and insulted me. Yet somehow you think yourself not a hypocrite because of it. But that's the problem with holier-than-thou standpoints. It blinds you to your own hypocrisy.
    I'm only a hypocrite if you are admitting that "retard" was also an insult. Are you admitting it?

    If not, you're the hypocrite for screaming about freedom of expression and all that and then whining about me insulting you.

    Which is it?

  4. #134
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Bullsh*t. Think about it.



    Yet you are. You just haven't thought about it. You ever use that word in front of her, or her parents? Try it. You may be surprised what they think.



    Words have meanings, yes.
    What horse tripe. Just because some says something, doesn't mean the reference is directed towards you. Get over yourself, sheesh. You're not that great, not everyone is talking about or towards you. You just want to rage against people for using particular words not even meant in the manner by which you've taken offense. As I said, grow up. World ain't all about you, and you're not all that special.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I have a kid with Down syndrome too.

    I can't stop anyone from being an asshole. All I can do is point it out. Consider it pointed.

    When the righties talk about how liberals are all evil hateful bastards, this is the kind of thing they bring up. Too bad you give them ammunition.
    Please, I know a lot of kids with Downs Syndrome, and they call her a retard too. My mother worked with kids that had Downs Syndrome, and I stll stay in connect with them. The people with the mild forum of Downs Syndrome call her a retard. You don't have to be Pc all the time.

  6. #136
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What horse tripe. Just because some says something, doesn't mean the reference is directed towards you.
    Of course it is.

    If you use someone to represent an insult, it's directed at everyone who fits.

    Tell me your ethnic background so I can demonstrate.

    Get over yourself, sheesh. You're not that great, not everyone is talking about or towards you. You just want to rage against people for using particular words not even meant in the manner by which you've taken offense. As I said, grow up. World ain't all about you, and you're not all that special.
    You sure do resort to alot of straw men and putting thoughts in my head. Almost desperately.

    You didn't answer my question about hypocrisy. Which is it?

  7. #137
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah. You sound like a teenager whining about how the world is so unfair and you're going to kill yourself because you aren't allowed to go on dates until you're 16.
    That would be you. You're the one drama queening it up over here.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    All I did was make an observation about your choice of words. Happens every day here. Get over it and stop acting like a child.
    No, you made a personal attack because someone used a word you didn't like. You didn't simply make an observation, that's a lie. Thanks for showing your inability to engage in intellectual honesty during debate. All that is there was me saying Palin is retarded, and she is. Then you calling me names because I didn't accept your PC view of the world. That's it.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm only a hypocrite if you are admitting that "retard" was also an insult. Are you admitting it?
    It's an insult in so much that you're laying claim to someone not having intellect enough to think. Which was the context originally used. It's not an insult in the manner you're trying to make it. Which is some PCed up crap fest of you trying to impress your own rhetoric and holier than thou attitude upon the rest of us. It wasn't an insult to mentally challenged children, as you liked to claim. And because it wasn't an insult to them, yet you took the opportunity to attack me directly because of it as if it were insulting mentally challenged children; you are a hypocrite. You bitch and moan about someone being insulted, and then turn around and insult people. GROW UP.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    If not, you're the hypocrite for screaming about freedom of expression and all that and then whining about me insulting you.

    Which is it?
    There is freedom of expression. I never said you couldn't rally like an unsexed middle aged woman at a temperance meeting. I'm just calling it as it is, didn't you already say that's what you were doing and it was ok?
    Last edited by Ikari; 12-07-09 at 12:28 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #138
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Of course it is.

    If you use someone to represent an insult, it's directed at everyone who fits.

    Tell me your ethnic background so I can demonstrate.
    Don't be stupid. No it's not. Mentally challenged children and calling those who should be fully functional "retarded" are two very different things. It's like if someone insults a member of the KKK and you claim the insult is made towards all white people in general. Dumb dumb dumb. Stop it.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You sure do resort to alot of straw men and putting thoughts in my head. Almost desperately.

    You didn't answer my question about hypocrisy. Which is it?
    I did. I told you exactly why you're being a hypocrite. You're whining and crying about some one being insulted, and you turn around and do nothing but insult. As I've said numerous times by now, grow up.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #139
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Please, I know a lot of kids with Downs Syndrome, and they call her a retard too. My mother worked with kids that had Downs Syndrome, and I stll stay in connect with them. The people with the mild forum of Downs Syndrome call her a retard. You don't have to be Pc all the time.
    Exactly! It's time for people to grow up and understand rhetoric and the meaning of words. Instead of flying off the handle every time someone mentions some key word they don't like. I had a friend who hated it when people would say "gay" to mean stupid. Any time anyone would say "that's gay" or whatever, she launched into holier-than-thou PC rant against whomever said it. It was pathetic, and people stopped listening to her because they knew she was full of ****. And she was. She stopped acting like a jerk after a little while.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #140
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, you made a personal attack because someone used a word you didn't like.
    The word I didn't like was a personal attack.
    All that is there was me saying Palin is retarded, and she is.
    No she's not.

    Then you calling me names because I didn't accept your PC view of the world. That's it.
    Funny how you accuse me of overreacting.

    It's an insult in so much that you're laying claim to someone not having intellect enough to think. Which was the context originally used.
    But it's more than that.

    It's not an insult in the manner you're trying to make it. Which is some PCed up crap fest of you trying to impress your own rhetoric and holier than thou attitude upon the rest of us. It wasn't an insult to mentally challenged children, as you liked to claim.
    Yes, it was.

    Give me your ethnic and religious background and I'll demonstrate. What are you afraid of?

    There is freedom of expression. On this forum however, there is not. What I originally said was not a violation of the rules; what you have said is.
    So why are you whining all about freedom of expression? I haven't suppressed your freedom of expression, and never claimed to want to. That makes you the hypocrite.

    If you can't handle criticism, you need to grow up.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •