I dont think we need a christian outreach liaison the muslims are 'out' there and need reached out to. The christians are 'in' our country, or even 'are' our country. Thatd be a n inreach liaison.
What part do you see as ambiguous crap? Read the words, use the standard dictionary meanings, and there is no ambiguity that I can see. My understanding is:
The federal government may not pass laws that:
1. establish an offical national religion
2. limit any religion or their practices
3. allow prosecution of people or other entities for their opinions or views
4. do not allow people to meet peaceably
5. do not allow people to utilize the judicial branch of the government
1. Where do you draw the line between having a state religion and simply having religious displays on govt property?
2. What if I'm a voodoo practitioner and my religion requires me to practice cannibalism? Or if I'm a radical Muslim and my religion requires me to blow up the infidels. Should I have that right?
3. "Yelling 'fire' in a movie theater isn't proctected by the 1st Amendment"
Personally if I could go back in time, I'd have had the Founders' base our laws on common sense instead of an ambiguous constitution which to this day, people still argue over.
Last edited by Toothpicvic; 12-07-09 at 01:44 AM.
Last edited by Toothpicvic; 12-07-09 at 01:48 AM.
Are we willing to say that a religion is not a religion? Who gets to do that?
Scientology is largely a financial engine to extract as much money from its members in return for vague promises. Some consider that fraud. Are we to allow that because it's a religious practice?
"If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu