Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 308

Thread: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

  1. #271
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I fully support this conviction. I watched the news reports on this trial. They showed Amanda Knox smiling and laughing in the court room. Excuse me? You're on trial for murder and you can't stop smiling? Sorry, but someone who was truly innocent, wouldn't be looking at these charges lightly, IMO. She cried when the verdict was read. Oh brother. I'm not sympathetic.
    Amanda Knox is innocent and victim of corrupted italian "justice".
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Amanda Knox is innocent and victim of corrupted italian "justice".
    Guys, Am I going crazy, or is the line between Conservative/Religious Zealot and Troll becoming harder to discern?

  3. #273
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Maybe I should cross off the old US of A off my list too then. After an innocent man who is very dear to someone I love was sent to prison for a crime he did not commit, his name will probably be on the sex offenders list for a few more years AFTER he gets out and his young life is pretty much destroyed along with that of his wife. All for the "crime" of mistakenly downloading kiddie porn on Lime Wire when all he wanted was regular porn. Possession alone was enough to send him to jail for 10 years, even if he never meant to possess any of that stuff.

    Please clean up your own backyard before you go pointing fingers elsewhere. You're jailing innocents too and letting real criminals off for good behavior every day.
    actually I believe he will be on a sex offenders list for life unless he can get his conviction overturned. Did your 'supposed friend' (bogus emotional figment) turn in the kiddie porn to the authorities so they could track the source, or did he just jack off to it every day?

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  4. #274
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Maybe I should cross off the old US of A off my list too then. After an innocent man who is very dear to someone I love was sent to prison for a crime he did not commit, his name will probably be on the sex offenders list for a few more years AFTER he gets out and his young life is pretty much destroyed along with that of his wife. All for the "crime" of mistakenly downloading kiddie porn on Lime Wire when all he wanted was regular porn. Possession alone was enough to send him to jail for 10 years, even if he never meant to possess any of that stuff.

    Please clean up your own backyard before you go pointing fingers elsewhere. You're jailing innocents too and letting real criminals off for good behavior every day.
    But I don't have a problem with someone crossing off the USA on their list. It could be for any reason. (I hate Hollywood. I hate Americans. I hate OJ Simpson. I hate aps.) Why would you impose what DeeJay and I expressed on yourself? Or go out of your way to criticize us for how we feel? If I don't respect the way a country treats US citizens, that is MY pregorative. You are Arcana, and I am aps. You do what you do, and I do what I do. I'm completely baffled by your pontification.

    I agree--what happened to your friend, if the facts are as you say they are, is horrible.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I agree--what happened to your friend, if the facts are as you say they are, is horrible.
    The real horrible part is that he's not the first and he won't be the last this happens to. Innocent people are being caught in this net all the time. It's come to the point where when I read stories about how the FBI boasts on the news about catching a whole "ring" of child-porn consumers I wonder just how many of them are completely innocent.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Maybe I should cross off the old US of A off my list too then. After an innocent man who is very dear to someone I love was sent to prison for a crime he did not commit, his name will probably be on the sex offenders list for a few more years AFTER he gets out and his young life is pretty much destroyed along with that of his wife. All for the "crime" of mistakenly downloading kiddie porn on Lime Wire when all he wanted was regular porn. Possession alone was enough to send him to jail for 10 years, even if he never meant to possess any of that stuff.

    Please clean up your own backyard before you go pointing fingers elsewhere. You're jailing innocents too and letting real criminals off for good behavior every day.
    It's a shame that we have a system that will err under the guise of "Being Fair" to save 1 innocent man in 9 guilty ones, and will convict an innocent man on ridiculous grounds all in the name of "blind Justice". I've got a friend in the same predicament. Police bullied a confession out of him, nearly arrested me for standing up for him, and all on the word of his G/F's daughter's little spoiled brat child. why? He told this 14 year old she couldn't have a BEER that she TOOK from his fridge without permission, and she claims he touched her inappropriately.

    Justice...she weeps.

  7. #277
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    It's a shame that we have a system that will err under the guise of "Being Fair" to save 1 innocent man in 9 guilty ones, and will convict an innocent man on ridiculous grounds all in the name of "blind Justice". I've got a friend in the same predicament. Police bullied a confession out of him, nearly arrested me for standing up for him, and all on the word of his G/F's daughter's little spoiled brat child. why? He told this 14 year old she couldn't have a BEER that she TOOK from his fridge without permission, and she claims he touched her inappropriately.

    Justice...she weeps.
    puh-lease she is full of ****
    appealing to emotion with no basis in fact
    she is probably harboring that Hollywood pedophile

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    puh-lease she is full of ****
    appealing to emotion with no basis in fact
    she is probably harboring that Hollywood pedophile
    Coming from someone who was wrongfully accused on a number of occassions and having 1 1/2 semesters left to get my associates and the rest of my certifications for my Criminal Justice degree, I can tell you it's not all stereotypes. Very few stereotypes about Law Enforcement, the Courts, and the Correctional System hold any water.

    All of the 'safeguards' we put to make sure justice is done often let off the bad guys with minimal punishment while the innocent man can expect to take the brunt of the law because of an accident or bad timing. And if in fact that guy had accidentally downloaded kiddie porn (which btw people set up Porn Bombs on PURPOSE), it would have been easy to prove that he had only downloaded anything ONCE if the Prosecution done its job and SOUGHT JUSTICE (Yeah, it's not SUPPOSED to pursue a conviction, that's what politics have turned it into) and the Defense for most, if it isn't a private lawyer, is some public defender with 50 cases a week and sometimes less than 2 hours time with their client to go over cases, and usually in that time they just work on ways to admit guilt and go for the least punishment.

  9. #279
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Coming from someone who was wrongfully accused on a number of occassions and having 1 1/2 semesters left to get my associates and the rest of my certifications for my Criminal Justice degree, I can tell you it's not all stereotypes. Very few stereotypes about Law Enforcement, the Courts, and the Correctional System hold any water.

    All of the 'safeguards' we put to make sure justice is done often let off the bad guys with minimal punishment while the innocent man can expect to take the brunt of the law because of an accident or bad timing. And if in fact that guy had accidentally downloaded kiddie porn (which btw people set up Porn Bombs on PURPOSE), it would have been easy to prove that he had only downloaded anything ONCE if the Prosecution done its job and SOUGHT JUSTICE (Yeah, it's not SUPPOSED to pursue a conviction, that's what politics have turned it into) and the Defense for most, if it isn't a private lawyer, is some public defender with 50 cases a week and sometimes less than 2 hours time with their client to go over cases, and usually in that time they just work on ways to admit guilt and go for the least punishment.
    This post is undoubtedly the reason you are suspended

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Update...

    Amanda Knox prosecutor Giuliano Mignini convicted of 'abuse of office' - Times Online

    Giuliano Mignini, the prosecutor who secured the conviction last month of the American student Amanda Knox for the murder of her British flatmate Meredith Kercher, was handed a 16-month prison sentence yesterday for “abuse of office” in a separate murder investigation.

    Mignini was convicted by a Florence court of exceeding his powers by tapping the phones of police officers and journalists investigating the still unsolved “Monster of Florence” serial killings between 1968 and 1985.
    Amanda Knox is no longer part of the regular news cycle; the media depicted her as a satanic whore before anyone had a chance to see the real story behind this miscarriage of justice, that is, an innocent college student was being railroaded by a corrupt, mentally unstable prosecutor. His conviction is just another example of how flawed Knox's murder "trial" really was.

    The Italian justice system can still partially redeem itself if she's released on appeal; if, however, her conviction stands, Italy will have confirmed its status as politically dysfunctional.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •