Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 308

Thread: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

  1. #191
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Here's a very good article, surprisingly from the Daily Mail of all papers, that gives a very clear account of all the troubling details that cast a heavy doubt that either Amanda or Raffaele were involved in the murder. Very interesting read:

    Amanda Knox: The troubling doubts over Foxy Knoxy's role in Meredith Kercher's murder | Mail Online

    Whatever happened in that house that night did not happen the way the prosecution insisted it did. The only thing that is clearly irrefutable so far is that Rudy Guede was there and that he had sex with Meredith. Everything else, including the accusation that he killed her, is open for debate and speculation. Too many things just don't add up and don't make any sense.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  2. #192
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Here's a very good article, surprisingly from the Daily Mail of all papers, that gives a very clear account of all the troubling details that cast a heavy doubt that either Amanda or Raffaele were involved in the murder. Very interesting read:

    Amanda Knox: The troubling doubts over Foxy Knoxy's role in Meredith Kercher's murder | Mail Online

    Whatever happened in that house that night did not happen the way the prosecution insisted it did. The only thing that is clearly irrefutable so far is that Rudy Guede was there and that he had sex with Meredith. Everything else, including the accusation that he killed her, is open to debate. Too many things just don't add up and don't make any sense.
    This looks very interesting. I read another article from this website as well. I'll read this and the one Ethereal posted last night.

    It does seem a little far fetched.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    This looks very interesting. I read another article from this website as well. I'll read this and the one Ethereal posted last night.

    It does seem a little far fetched.
    I'm actually beginning to suspect these people were framed by the police. I also found the Italian authorities very forgiving behavior towards Guede and his previous burglaries more than a little odd.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #194
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I'm actually beginning to suspect these people were framed by the police. I also found the Italian authorities very forgiving behavior towards Guede and his previous burglaries more than a little odd.
    Is that in the article you posted?

    To me, Guede it the most guilty. You made out with her and went to the bathroom and some intruder came in and killed her? Come on.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Is that in the article you posted?
    Yeah, it is. You'll see, it's just too weird.

    To me, Guede it the most guilty. You made out with her and went to the bathroom and some intruder came in and killed her? Come on.
    Not "some intruder". He claims Amanda and Raffaele came to the house while he was in the bathroom. Not that I believe what he says, but then again I have my doubts about the other two and their ever changing stories too.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #196
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Not "some intruder". He claims Amanda and Raffaele came to the house while he was in the bathroom. Not that I believe what he says, but then again I have my doubts about the other two and their ever changing stories too.
    But, initially, he said some "Italian" guy came in and killed her.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    But, initially, he said some "Italian" guy came in and killed her.
    Right, Raffaele is Italian.

    He changed his story as well. First he said there were people in the house, but he didn't see who it was, he just heard them. And then he later changed the story to say that he saw the silhouettes of Amanda and someone who looked like Raffaele running away. They all lied and changed their stories so many times, it's either a deliberate attempt to confuse the investigators or they were all so stoned that night they can't remember what the heck happened.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Do murderers smile a lot while on trial for murder? No! I am stunned at how much smiling she was doing throughout this process. It reminds me of Scott Petersen--a total sociopath. There's a reason I was incredulous over his behavior throughout his trial--it's because I cannot understand the crazy f'ing mindset of a sociopath. That applies here as well. Something is not right here.
    The only reason people think she was smiling excessively during the murder trial is because of selective reporting on the part of the press. The trial went on for over a year, obviously she is going to smile a few times, and her smiling was often directed at a family member or friend that she hadn't seen in a long time. The idea that she was constantly smiling is simply not true and yet another example of media bias against Amanda Knox.

    She accused her boss of killing Meredith.
    The police induced her to confess this. Amanda had sent Lamumba (her boss) a text message saying, "See you later." on the night of the murder.

    The police interpreted this as an implication that Amanda was to meet Lamumba later at the crime scene. They insisted to her that this must be the case, and after hours of harsh interrogation she finally caved and told the police what they wanted to hear, i.e., that her and Lamumba has met and were at the crime scene the night of the murder.

    She said she heard Meredith screaming and she covered her ears.
    Once again, this is attributable to the police, who told her to "imagine" what could have happened to Meredith.

    She subsequently completely changes her story.
    That's because she was induced into making a false confession by the Italian police. The confession itself was ruled inadmissible by a judge specifically because of the manner in which it was obtained.

  9. #199
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The only reason people think she was smiling excessively during the murder trial is because of selective reporting on the part of the press. The trial went on for over a year, obviously she is going to smile a few times, and her smiling was often directed at a family member or friend that she hadn't seen in a long time. The idea that she was constantly smiling is simply not true and yet another example of media bias against Amanda Knox.



    The police induced her to confess this. Amanda had sent Lamumba (her boss) a text message saying, "See you later." on the night of the murder.

    The police interpreted this as an implication that Amanda was to meet Lamumba later at the crime scene. They insisted to her that this must be the case, and after hours of harsh interrogation she finally caved and told the police what they wanted to hear, i.e., that her and Lamumba has met and were at the crime scene the night of the murder.



    Once again, this is attributable to the police, who told her to "imagine" what could have happened to Meredith.



    That's because she was induced into making a false confession by the Italian police. The confession itself was ruled inadmissible by a judge specifically because of the manner in which it was obtained.
    Damn. You need to be on her defense team. These are very interesting facts that you present. I haven't read the articles you and Aracana posted last night and this morning, respectively. I will read them today and report my thoughts tomorrow. You, Arcana, and maybe even Kandahar , have got me re-thinking this case/verdict.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Damn. You need to be on her defense team. These are very interesting facts that you present. I haven't read the articles you and Aracana posted last night and this morning, respectively. I will read them today and report my thoughts tomorrow. You, Arcana, and maybe even Kandahar , have got me re-thinking this case/verdict.
    I just feel really sorry for this girl, so I've been researching the case obsessively. She is the victim of a mentally disturbed prosecutor and a sensationalist media. Half the things you've heard about this case probably aren't true.

    For instance, it's been reported that Amanda Knox was caught on CCTV entering the crime scene the night of the murder. This simply isn't true, and is the product of misinformation from early on in the investigation. This is just one example of MANY where the media has dropped the ball.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 12-09-09 at 12:24 PM.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •