Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 308

Thread: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

  1. #141
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'm mostly pissed at the media. They were more concerned with sensationalizing the trial than reporting the story objectively; no wonder so many people just assumed she was guilty. Even I assumed as much, until I saw Van Sant on The O'Reilly Factor (yes, I watch sometimes...):

    YouTube- Is Amanda Knox Guilty? Not So Fast! (FoxNews Dec 7 2009)
    I really hope Hillary Clinton and Maria Cantwell stay involved until Ms. Knox is released, instead of just until the case falls out of the headlines.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #142
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    allegedly being the operative word.

    Paul
    According to Peter Van Sant, the police officer who allegedly hit Amanda Knox is under investigation for physically abusing other suspects. Since Knox presumably had no way of knowing that at the time, it seems like quite a coincidence that she would falsely accuse this same officer. If Van Sant is correct about this, I'm inclined to believe that she was indeed physically abused by the police.

    At first, I just felt that the evidence wasn't convincing and there was a reasonable doubt to her guilt...but the more I study this case, the more certain I am that she is completely 100% innocent.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 12-08-09 at 07:52 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #143
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Have you ignored everything we've been saying so far?

    The lead prosecutor obtained his motive from an occultist blogger that communicates with a dead Priest.

    HELLO!? Earth to Navy Pride! See the forest, yet?
    I don't want to see anyone wrongfully convicted but this girl is guilty as hell and you are very naive not to see it...........They have conclusive DNA evidence against her.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #144
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'm mostly pissed at the media. They were more concerned with sensationalizing the trial than reporting the story objectively; no wonder so many people just assumed she was guilty. Even I assumed as much, until I saw Van Sant on The O'Reilly Factor (yes, I watch sometimes...):

    YouTube- Is Amanda Knox Guilty? Not So Fast! (FoxNews Dec 7 2009)
    I saw this guy om Oreilly and he is a big fan of Knox.......He has no real proof except what he believes that she is innocent.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't want to see anyone wrongfully convicted but this girl is guilty as hell and you are very naive not to see it...........They have conclusive DNA evidence against her.........
    No, they absolutely do not have conclusive DNA evidence against her. That is a complete falsehood.

    Maybe, instead of taking the drive-by media's word for it, you should conduct some independent research.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I saw this guy om Oreilly and he is a big fan of Knox.......He has no real proof except what he believes that she is innocent.............
    Since when is a person expected to prove their innocence? Last time I checked, the burden of proof was on the state.

    Perhaps Italy subscribes to your "guilty until proven innocent" theory, too.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    No, they absolutely do not have conclusive DNA evidence against her. That is a complete falsehood.

    Maybe, instead of taking the drive-by media's word for it, you should conduct some independent research.
    I guess I have heard over 100 times they did have conclusive DNA evidence........I have a flash for you....Young Americans can do bad things when they are overseas and away from their family and loaded with drugs whether you believe it or not.................
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #148
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Since when is a person expected to prove their innocence? Last time I checked, the burden of proof was on the state.

    Perhaps Italy subscribes to your "guilty until proven innocent" theory, too.
    This is Italy......different country, different laws.........Let it be a lesson to you......They use to tell us aboard ship when we went ashore... don't get in trouble with the local law.............I had 2 friends who were drunk and caught urinating in public in Turkey........They went to court, found guilty and were locked up........4 years later I saw message traffic trying to get these guys out of jail..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I guess I have heard over 100 times they did have conclusive DNA evidence...
    Then there are only two possibilities:

    1. You were lied to.

    2. You were hearing voices.

    I have a flash for you....Young Americans can do bad things when they are overseas and away from their family and loaded with drugs whether you believe it or not.................
    Strawman.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Italian court convicts Amanda Knox of murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is Italy......different country, different laws.........Let it be a lesson to you......They use to tell us aboard ship when we went ashore... don't get in trouble with the local law.............I had 2 friends who were drunk and caught urinating in public in Turkey........They went to court, found guilty and were locked up........4 years later I saw message traffic trying to get these guys out of jail..........
    I'm not disputing the fact that Amanda Knox is in Italy, or that foreign countries have different laws from America, I'm disputing her guilt, which hasn't been proven.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •