Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

  1. #51
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He did it because he was a mad man, but that does not change the fact that he was a Christian. Jim Jones was a Christian who killed 900 people. David Koresh killed off all of his subjects in a fire ball.. were they not Christians?
    In point of fact the men, women, and children of david koresh were killed by the government of the united states.

    And so has Christianity. Your point being? I dont deny one bit that people of the Islamic faith have committed horrible crimes through out history, not one bit.. but that aint what we are discussing here are we now..
    this discussion, for right or wrong, has grown to encompass not only christianity but islam and socialism.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  2. #52
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Which "fact" or "facts" lead you to the speculation above?
    He was sleeping with his niece, he then lived with a woman out of wedlock, his concentration camps killed millions of jews, prisoners of war, romani and christians.


    source

    Who Were the Five Million Non-Jewish Holocaust Victims?
    Of the 11 million people killed during the Holocaust, six million were Polish citizens. Three million were Polish Jews and another three million were Polish Christians and Catholics. Most of the remaining mortal victims were from other countries including Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Holland, France and even Germany.

    Why Did Hitler Cause 11 Million to Die?
    First we need to examine Hitler's egocentric and maniac ideology. Hitler, who was Chancellor of Germany during the Holocaust, came to power in 1933 when Germany was experiencing severe economic hardship. Hitler promised the Germans that he would bring them prosperity and that his military actions would restore Germany to a position of power in Europe.

    Hitler had a vision of a Master Race of Aryans that would control Europe. He used very powerful propaganda techniques to convince not only the German people, but countless others, that if they eliminated the people who stood in their way and the degenerates and racially inferior, they - the great Germans would prosper.

    Neighboring Poland - The First Target: "All Poles will disappear from the world.... It is essential that the great German people should consider it as its major task to destroy all Poles." Heinrich Himmler


    Hitler's first target was Germany's closest neighbor to the east, Poland. An agricultural country with little military power. Hitler attacked Poland from three directions on September 1, 1939 and in just over one month, Poland surrendered -- unable to defend itself against the powerful German prowess.

    In Poland, Hitler saw an agricultural land in close proximity to Germany, populated by modest but strong and healthy farmers. Hitler quickly took control of Poland by specifically wiping out the Polish leading class -- the Intelligentsia. During the next few years, millions of other Polish citizens were rounded up and either placed in slave labor for German farmers and factories or taken to concentration camps where many were either starved and worked to death or used for scientific experiments.

    The Jews in Poland were forced inside ghettos, but the non-Jews were made prisoners inside their own country. No one was allowed out. The Germans took over the ranches, farms and Polish factories. Most healthy citizens were forced into slave labor. Young Polish men were drafted into the German army. Blond haired children were "Germanized" and trained from an early age to be Nazi supporters. More on Polish Non-Jews

    For Their Religious Belief, They Stood Firm
    Every European country, even Germany, had those who did not believe in the Nazi ideology and who were willing to die for their beliefs. Perhaps no other group stood so firmly in their beliefs as the Jehovah Witnesses. Hitler felt particularly threatened by this strong group of Christians because they, from the very beginning, refused to recognize any God other than Jehovah. When asked to sign documents of loyalty to the Nazi ideology, they refused. Jehovah Witnesses were forced to wear purple armbands and thousands were imprisoned as "dangerous" traitors because they refused to take a pledge of loyalty to the Third Reich. ....................
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  3. #53
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    And yet those morons have come nowhere close to Atheist dictators like Stalin and Mao.
    Your point being?

  4. #54
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Your point being?
    Point being the godless among us have done far more damage than those claiming to be Christian.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #55
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,041

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Let's see, hitler had an affair with his niece leading her to suicide, There were rumours of him and one of his drivers having a homosexual relationship, he lived with a woman without being married, he started a world war and finished up with developing murder factories in his concentration camps that killed millions of jews and christians. If this is your idea of a christian......you're wrong.
    He was also a vegetarian who wouldn't eat animals but slaughtered 6 million people. Being a Christian only requires faith in the Holy Spirit and a belief in Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Point being the godless among us have done far more damage than those claiming to be Christian.
    Quite true.....

  7. #57
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Ugandan church leader brands anti-gay bill 'genocide'

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Point being the godless among us have done far more damage than those claiming to be Christian.
    In the 20th century certainly. They have also done more damage then those claiming to be Muslim. I never claimed Christianity was unique in this respect.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •