Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So the biggest oil producer in the world says that the hacked e-mail's will have an impact.. like he is unbiased...
    No one's unbiased in this. This guy isn't completely unbiased. Neither are scientists whose research grants, reputation and fame amongst colleagues, and social standing rely on AGW to be true to continue their research and continue to get their grants.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And so what? There has been an admittance by one person as far as I know that the e-mails were his, but taken out of context... not to mention a decade old. It still does not change the fact that they were illegally obtained by unknown parties and not all emails have been verified as genuine yet. I will wait for the investigation before claiming a "smoking gun", unlike you and your right wing cohorts.

    But that does not change the fact that the Saudi representative has a vested interest in derailing anything that can hit his country on the bottom line and keep countries addicted to oil.

    The UK met office will this week release the raw data used in most reports on global warming.. so now we will be able to see those too... want to try to debunk those if they prove you wrong?

    Keep working that defibrillator. If you shock that study enough, maybe it'll regain some life.

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And so what? There has been an admittance by one person as far as I know that the e-mails were his, but taken out of context... not to mention a decade old. It still does not change the fact that they were illegally obtained by unknown parties and not all emails have been verified as genuine yet. I will wait for the investigation before claiming a "smoking gun", unlike you and your right wing cohorts.

    But that does not change the fact that the Saudi representative has a vested interest in derailing anything that can hit his country on the bottom line and keep countries addicted to oil.

    The UK met office will this week release the raw data used in most reports on global warming.. so now we will be able to see those too... want to try to debunk those if they prove you wrong?
    Just because they haven't been verified by a source you like, doesn't make them invalid. I'm just so sure that they broke into the network an stole invalid emails and other documents, when could have easily made them all up and just posted them on the internet. You're reaching.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    If only they saw that we need more algae to eat up more CO2...

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And so what? There has been an admittance by one person as far as I know that the e-mails were his, but taken out of context... not to mention a decade old. It still does not change the fact that they were illegally obtained by unknown parties and not all emails have been verified as genuine yet. I will wait for the investigation before claiming a "smoking gun", unlike you and your right wing cohorts.

    But that does not change the fact that the Saudi representative has a vested interest in derailing anything that can hit his country on the bottom line and keep countries addicted to oil.

    The UK met office will this week release the raw data used in most reports on global warming.. so now we will be able to see those too... want to try to debunk those if they prove you wrong?
    Even if they were obtained unlawfully, does not make them false.....
    Oil will always be a commodity until a real substitute that can be used in personal transportation can be found....
    There's big money at stake, now matter which way this goes....
    Not to mention this country's future.....
    Last edited by Partisan; 12-07-09 at 11:57 AM.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Even if they were obtained unlawfully, does not make them false..... (
    I thought liberals loved whistle blowers.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I thought liberals loved whistle blowers.
    only when it's not being blown on them.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And so what? There has been an admittance by one person as far as I know that the e-mails were his, but taken out of context... not to mention a decade old. It still does not change the fact that they were illegally obtained by unknown parties and not all emails have been verified as genuine yet. I will wait for the investigation before claiming a "smoking gun", unlike you and your right wing cohorts.

    But that does not change the fact that the Saudi representative has a vested interest in derailing anything that can hit his country on the bottom line and keep countries addicted to oil.

    The UK met office will this week release the raw data used in most reports on global warming.. so now we will be able to see those too... want to try to debunk those if they prove you wrong?
    I'm sure that of the dozens of people who's emails were released, all those that were faked have said so haven't they??

    No?? Why not??

    Phil Jones at CRU, the main character in this debacle, has gotten over $9 million in research money in the past decade. Does he have a vested interest??

    If it is the TRUE raw data, we'll see. I have my doubts that they will release anything. Why did they fight its release for years??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #19
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And so what? There has been an admittance by one person as far as I know that the e-mails were his, but taken out of context... not to mention a decade old. It still does not change the fact that they were illegally obtained by unknown parties and not all emails have been verified as genuine yet. I will wait for the investigation before claiming a "smoking gun", unlike you and your right wing cohorts.

    But that does not change the fact that the Saudi representative has a vested interest in derailing anything that can hit his country on the bottom line and keep countries addicted to oil.

    The UK met office will this week release the raw data used in most reports on global warming.. so now we will be able to see those too... want to try to debunk those if they prove you wrong?


    His a global warming sceptic, what do you think the answer to this will be??

    Those people argue that the sky is red.

  10. #20
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Climate e-mail hack 'will impact on Copenhagen summit'

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post


    His a global warming sceptic, what do you think the answer to this will be??

    Those people argue that the sky is red.
    You should be more careful to describe your point. A great many people believe in Global Warming and Global Cooling for that matter. The debate is centered around Anthropogenic Global Warming, which has now morphed to Climate Change. Fact is that most people know that climate change occurs quite independent of mankind.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 12-07-09 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •