Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #761
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes yes. Because you cannot prove your argument is correct, I must be obtuse.
    No...its because I have posted the reasons several times and you continue to say "I don't see it".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #762
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No...its because I have posted the reasons several times and you continue to say "I don't see it".
    No, you haven't. You've pieced together theories then claim its factual evidence.

    You cite a claim that I have to understand "equal protection law" to understand how you can claim polygamy and gay marriage are not equal yet you fail miserably to back up your claim.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #763
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No problem. Destroying what you consider proof isn't hard.

    From that very study:

    This is significant, she says, and fits with data showing that women are three times as likely as men to suffer from mood disorders or depression. Gay men have higher rates of depression too, she says, but it's difficult to know whether this is down to biology, homophobia or simply feelings of being "different"....

    But as Savic herself acknowledges, the study can't say whether the brain differences are inherited, or result from abnormally high or low exposure in the womb to sex hormones such as testosterone.


    Nice try but they never once prove this alimony is found only in gay individuals or that its sole cause is homosexuality as Taylor and the very scientist who conducted the study herself admitted.

    See its not "evidence" if it can't prove your argument.

    Nice try.
    You are not following at all what is being pointed out to you. It is evidence, it is not proof. Nowhere have I made any concrete statements(unlike you). I have offered evidence which shows that there may be a genetic component to orientation, you have offered zero evidence that there cannot be, which is your claim. You, like evolution deniers, look to do nothing more than complain about every study, as if somehow that means your view must be right. Science does not work that you. You have a hypothesis, that gays are not "created", but you have done nothing to back up this hypothesis.

    Here is another one: PLoS ONE: Sexually Antagonistic Selection in Human Male Homosexuality

    Several lines of evidence indicate the existence of genetic factors influencing male homosexuality and bisexuality. In spite of its relatively low frequency, the stable permanence in all human populations of this apparently detrimental trait constitutes a puzzling ‘Darwinian paradox’. Furthermore, several studies have pointed out relevant asymmetries in the distribution of both male homosexuality and of female fecundity in the parental lines of homosexual vs. heterosexual males. A number of hypotheses have attempted to give an evolutionary explanation for the long-standing persistence of this trait, and for its asymmetric distribution in family lines; however a satisfactory understanding of the population genetics of male homosexuality is lacking at present. We perform a systematic mathematical analysis of the propagation and equilibrium of the putative genetic factors for male homosexuality in the population, based on the selection equation for one or two diallelic loci and Bayesian statistics for pedigree investigation. We show that only the two-locus genetic model with at least one locus on the X chromosome, and in which gene expression is sexually antagonistic (increasing female fitness but decreasing male fitness), accounts for all known empirical data. Our results help clarify the basic evolutionary dynamics of male homosexuality, establishing this as a clearly ascertained sexually antagonistic human trait.
    Again, this does not prove that orientation is genetic, but is, once again, definite evidence to the possibility which you deny.

    Now, you care to present any evidence to actually back your claim, or are you going to admit that you have no evidence that orientation cannot be hereditary?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #764
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No, you haven't. You've pieced together theories then claim its factual evidence.

    You cite a claim that I have to understand "equal protection law" to understand how you can claim polygamy and gay marriage are not equal yet you fail miserably to back up your claim.
    You obviously don't understand the analysis then. I explained to you the different levels of analysis. I explained the different levels that each would likely be analyzed under and explained why.
    Like I said...you are either being obtuse or you should spend a few minutes and read up on equal protection analysis. Your lack of ability to understand is not due to my lack of trying.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #765
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Keep telling yourself that Navy...and you will be ill prepared for when gay marriage is a reality even in your lifetime.

    What the SCOTUS does is not dependent upon the popular vote of the states, in fact, its usually exactly the opposite as the Constitution exists to protect against the tyranny of the majority.


    It seems like gay marriage and gays in general are the only thing you care about......Tell me DD are you Gay, not that there is anything wrong with it as they use to say on Seinfeld...You are really fascinated by the gay lifestyle........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 12-12-09 at 08:11 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #766
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    It seems like gay marriage and gays in general are the only thing you care about......Tell me DD are you Gay, not that there is anything wrong with it as they use to say on Seinfeld...You are really fascinated by the gay lifestyle........
    There are a lot of things that I care about Navy. I could say that you are obsessed with gay marriage but I know that it isn't the only thing that you write about, just one of the most.

    The reality is...I am concerned with fairness and justice for all of my fellow human beings. Whether they are gay/straight, male/female, black/white/asian/arab/latino/etc....
    Until there is justice and equality for all, I will never be satisfied.
    I believe strongly in the teaching "In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethen....you have done it unto me".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There are a lot of things that I care about Navy. I could say that you are obsessed with gay marriage but I know that it isn't the only thing that you write about, just one of the most.

    The reality is...I am concerned with fairness and justice for all of my fellow human beings. Whether they are gay/straight, male/female, black/white/asian/arab/latino/etc....
    Until there is justice and equality for all, I will never be satisfied.
    I believe strongly in the teaching "In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethen....you have done it unto me".
    If you stop seeking Fairness and just go for Justice, you'll be a lot happier. It requires a good bit of objectivity however.

  8. #768
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    If you stop seeking Fairness and just go for Justice, you'll be a lot happier. It requires a good bit of objectivity however.
    Justice should always be fair. That is one of the problems that I have with this country.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #769
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Justice should always be fair. That is one of the problems that I have with this country.
    Justice should always be JUST. If Justice were always fair, it would rarely be balanced.

  10. #770
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Justice should always be JUST. If Justice were always fair, it would rarely be balanced.
    That's the problem...justice is rarely ever balanced. If this country would actually strive to be fair with our justice...I think we would be a better country than we are.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •