Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #751
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And now you are getting defensive? Actually, I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but this is a public forum. If you want to submit private messages to other people, feel free to PM them. Otherwise, deal with it.
    If you want to act like a dungeon master, why don't you do it in the dungeon?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #752
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why don't you address the topic of the thread? Why attack me?
    Navy, you rarely..if ever... discuss the topic of the thread. You constantly resort to personal attacks based on your own political bias. If you don't like what I have to say feel free to put me on ignore.

  3. #753
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If you want to act like a dungeon master, why don't you do it in the dungeon?
    I think Navy is capable of fighting his own battles. You can also feel free to put me on ignore as well.

  4. #754
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Navy, you rarely..if ever... discuss the topic of the thread. You constantly resort to personal attacks based on your own political bias. If you don't like what I have to say feel free to put me on ignore.
    Nah, your left wing view is still worth a laugh............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #755
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Nah, your left wing view is still worth a laugh............
    I have never seen someone quote a message and then prove it right like that.

    I....can't...stop.....laughing.

    But on-topic, most likely all of these votes against Gay Marriage will mean very little if the Supreme Court of the United States of America gets involved.

  6. #756
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    I have never seen someone quote a message and then prove it right like that.

    I....can't...stop.....laughing.

    But on-topic, most likely all of these votes against Gay Marriage will mean very little if the Supreme Court of the United States of America gets involved.
    I wouldn't be to sure of that my left wing friend...The SCOTUS presently 4 liberals and 4 conservatives with Hennedy as the tie breaker who leans right........I would say the court will never touch the gay marriage issue with 31 states voting against it and many more with DOMAs the the court will not get involved in state issues.............

    That should stop your laughing.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #757
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Well, you can go on believing that the whole "genetics argument" is going to be a part of the case. Frankly, I don't think it will be..and if it will, it will be a very little part of it.
    That still does not address what I just said about your argument here. You want someone who does agree with you to prove your argument is wrong before you can support it yourself.

    I don't know why you think that people here have to present their case to you as if you are the one making the changes in the law. You aren't. We are simply having a discussion. The sooner you understand that, the better.
    See this is called a debate. If you want to argue for something, it kind of helps to actually have an argument of your own first before you attack the other side to "prove you wrong"

    I'm not the one making the case anymore than you are the one who needs to hear the case in order to change the law. So, perhaps you should stop pretending that you are and we can have an actual discussion.
    This is really pathetic on your part. YOU want the law changed. Therefore, YOU need to make the argument to change it. Not try and throw it back on the other side who sees no need to change it before you ever make your argument to change it.

    I must admit, its an original approach by you. I've never seen anyone demanding proof that their argument is invalid before ever making it themselves.

    Good one
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #758
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex - life - 16 June 2008 - New Scientist



    Oh look, evidence. See, I back up my claim, you have yet to offer one shred of evidence to support your claim. You have in fact made a statement that is not true, not accurate, not even remotely close to the real world. In point of fact, there are a large number of research papers on the topic of why people have a certain orientation, and a fair number support the idea that orientation is not learned or chosen. With this being the case, your claim that there is no evidence that people are created gay is false.

    Care to try again?
    No problem. Destroying what you consider proof isn't hard.

    From that very study:

    This is significant, she says, and fits with data showing that women are three times as likely as men to suffer from mood disorders or depression. Gay men have higher rates of depression too, she says, but it's difficult to know whether this is down to biology, homophobia or simply feelings of being "different"....

    But as Savic herself acknowledges, the study can't say whether the brain differences are inherited, or result from abnormally high or low exposure in the womb to sex hormones such as testosterone.


    Nice try but they never once prove this alimony is found only in gay individuals or that its sole cause is homosexuality as Taylor and the very scientist who conducted the study herself admitted.

    See its not "evidence" if it can't prove your argument.

    Nice try.
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-12-09 at 11:26 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #759
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I refuse to believe that you are that dense. I think you are being obtuse.

    The answer is right before your eyes....unless you continue to refuse to comprehend the texts.
    Yes yes. Because you cannot prove your argument is correct, I must be obtuse.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #760
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I wouldn't be to sure of that my left wing friend...The SCOTUS presently 4 liberals and 4 conservatives with Hennedy as the tie breaker who leans right........I would say the court will never touch the gay marriage issue with 31 states voting against it and many more with DOMAs the the court will not get involved in state issues.............

    That should stop your laughing.....
    Keep telling yourself that Navy...and you will be ill prepared for when gay marriage is a reality even in your lifetime.

    What the SCOTUS does is not dependent upon the popular vote of the states, in fact, its usually exactly the opposite as the Constitution exists to protect against the tyranny of the majority.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •