Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #681
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Ah, so because you don't think there is sufficient evidence to back up the other argument, yours must be the correct one?

    Not everything is that black and white. If you are going to have an argument, you at least need to back it up. At least people who have the argument have been giving evidence to back theirs up. Whether you find it legitimate or not doesn't matter. Your unwillingness to back up your own argument speaks volumes.
    I have backed it up. Many times over. I'm not the one who is trying to change the law. People who support your position are. You need to have real evidence to support yourself not studies based on other specicies or failed twin experiments that have already been disproven of satisfying the theory presented.

    Here are two claims paramount to making gay marriage equal to heterosexual marriage.

    1. Proving there is a genetic characteristic shared in at least 60% or higher of all homosexuals.

    Without that, the only conclusion is that it is a choice not worthy of being equal to heterosexual marriage

    2. Explaining how letting gay marriage be equal to heterosexual marriage will not open the door for other alternatve lifestyles from demanding the same thing based on the same argument.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #682
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Actually, no, the slippery slope is a logical fallacy. Has been for thousands of years.
    Actually no it hasn't. To prove your point, please explain the difference between allowing homosexual marriage and polygamy.

    How can you allow one without the other?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #683
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually that has no bearing on this whatsoever since there are hundreds of laws that go against that phrase.



    Waaaayy too many people think their opinion is the only educated point of view.



    I know its fun to come to a conclusion on your own without evidence but exactly how is polygamy different when it comes to who should be able to marry whom in the recognition by the state?

    Because Polygamy most likely would receive standard scrutiny.
    Gay marriage would likely receive the intermediate level.

    If you want to know why....study the 3 levels of analysis. I'll give you a clue:
    It has to do with what the Court recognizes and doesn't recognize as a "Suspect class".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #684
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because Polygamy most likely would receive standard scrutiny.
    Gay marriage would likely receive the intermediate level.
    What do you base this on?

    If you want to know why....study the 3 levels of analysis. I'll give you a clue:
    It has to do with what the Court recognizes and doesn't recognize as a "Suspect class".
    You mean the law against Polygamy like the law against gay marriage?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #685
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I have backed it up. Many times over. I'm not the one who is trying to change the law. People who support your position are. You need to have real evidence to support yourself not studies based on other specicies or failed twin experiments that have already been disproven of satisfying the theory presented.

    Here are two claims paramount to making gay marriage equal to heterosexual marriage.

    1. Proving there is a genetic characteristic shared in at least 60% or higher of all homosexuals.

    Without that, the only conclusion is that it is a choice not worthy of being equal to heterosexual marriage

    2. Explaining how letting gay marriage be equal to heterosexual marriage will not open the door for other alternatve lifestyles from demanding the same thing based on the same argument.
    So, yet again you dodge the question and fail to back up your argument. I can see it's pointless trying to engage you in any kind of constructive discussion. Have fun.

  6. #686
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So, yet again you dodge the question and fail to back up your argument. I can see it's pointless trying to engage you in any kind of constructive discussion. Have fun.
    I'm not the one trying to change the law. You are.

    You can try and spin it back on me but again it is you who want to change the law therefore you must make the argument.

    I wish you could understand this.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #687
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    What do you base this on?



    You mean the law against Polygamy like the law against gay marriage?
    You have to understand the analysis to understand....but simply put, Polygamists are not viewed as a "suspect class", gays have not been recognized as a "suspect class" either, however, the Court has showed an increasing trend to apply the intermediate level of analysis in issues related to sexual orientation.

    Thus, in the case of polygamy, the government would only have to show a "legitimate" state interest to support the discrimination....in the case of gay marriage, the Court would likely require the government to show an "important" state interest to support the discrimination. Neither would receive strict scrutiny which would require a compelling state interest.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #688
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm not the one trying to change the law. You are. And you cannot back up your reasoning to change the law.

    You can try and spin it back on me but again it is you who want to change the law.

    I wish you could understand this.
    The argument isn't about the law. The argument is about your position that homosexuality isn't genetic. You have yet to back that argument up. So are you going to finally back it up, or are you going to continue to dodge the question and instead demand that people on the other side back up theirs? You obviously don't know how debate works.

  9. #689
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You have to understand the analysis to understand....but simply put, Polygamists are not viewed as a "suspect class", gays have not been recognized as a "suspect class" either, however, the Court has showed an increasing trend to apply the intermediate level of analysis in issues related to sexual orientation.
    That doesn't answer my question. How are they different?

    Thus, in the case of polygamy, the government would only have to show a "legitimate" state interest to support the discrimination....in the case of gay marriage, the Court would likely require the government to show an "important" state interest to support the discrimination. Neither would receive strict scrutiny which would require a compelling state interest.
    Ok so you are claiming discrimination is the reason to allow gay marriage is that correct?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #690
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    The argument isn't about the law. The argument is about your position that homosexuality isn't genetic. You have yet to back that argument up. So are you going to finally back it up, or are you going to continue to dodge the question and instead demand that people on the other side back up theirs? You obviously don't know how debate works.

    LOL You want me to back up it isn't genetic? No problem. You have no evidence it is

    Seriously, the claim is made by your side that its genetic. If you can't prove that, then the conclusion is obvious.

    I know you're frustrated you can't prove it but that isn't my problem, its yours.

    The law right now does not support your desire for gay marriage. To change that law you must provide reasoning besides "I want it".
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-10-09 at 05:38 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •