Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #671
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Nor have you answered the question on how you would limit this new "right" to just one alternative lifestyle or how you would exclude other alternative lifestyles who want the same thing.
    You have to understand Equal Protection analysis to understand this point.

    Waaaay too many people on this site have no idea how the analysis works and refuse to educate themselves.

    There are three different levels of equal protection analysis depending upon the right/privlege infringed upon and the classification of the people upon whom the infringement is placed.

    Not every group and/or every right is treated the same under equal protection.
    Thus the argument that polygamy would be analyzed the same as gay marriage is simply ignorant.
    Or that incestous marriage would be treated the same.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #672
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You have to understand Equal Protection analysis to understand this point.

    Waaaay too many people on this site have no idea how the analysis works and refuse to educate themselves.

    There are three different levels of equal protection analysis depending upon the right/privlege infringed upon and the classification of the people upon whom the infringement is placed.

    Not every group and/or every right is treated the same under equal protection.
    Thus the argument that polygamy would be analyzed the same as gay marriage is simply ignorant.
    Or that incestous marriage would be treated the same.
    Or to put it more simply, slippery slope is a fallacy.

  3. #673
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You have to understand Equal Protection analysis to understand this point.
    Actually that has no bearing on this whatsoever since there are hundreds of laws that go against that phrase.

    Waaaay too many people on this site have no idea how the analysis works and refuse to educate themselves.
    Waaaayy too many people think their opinion is the only educated point of view.

    There are three different levels of equal protection analysis depending upon the right/privlege infringed upon and the classification of the people upon whom the infringement is placed.

    Not every group and/or every right is treated the same under equal protection.
    Thus the argument that polygamy would be analyzed the same as gay marriage is simply ignorant.
    Or that incestous marriage would be treated the same.
    I know its fun to come to a conclusion on your own without evidence but exactly how is polygamy different when it comes to who should be able to marry whom in the recognition by the state?
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-10-09 at 03:51 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #674
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Or to put it more simply, slippery slope is a fallacy.
    No its a reality until you can prove it isn't.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #675
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There is no evidence people are created gay. To beleive that is to believe a fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You are confused.

    The claim was made that people are born gay,

    Remember, I'm not the one who made the claim. I simply demanded evidence which no one could provide.

    Yes there was a fruit fly theory which was exposed for the fraud that it is then a twin gay study in which not only was it never even 50% of the time accurate, it was even less when the twins did not grow up together.

    You cannot prove a genetic link in even a low number like 60% so how can you claim that people are born gay?

    Please, answer the original question.
    Actually, you are confused. That is a very clear claim. You say that there is no evidence people are created gay. Back this up. Just saying it is true does not make it so.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #676
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, you are confused. That is a very clear claim. You say that there is no evidence people are created gay. Back this up. Just saying it is true does not make it so.
    It was not a claim. It was a conclusion based on the lack of evidence provided to substantiate an equal footing with race as many here have made long before I ever posted that conclusion.

    You really need to read the entire thread next time.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #677
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    It is your job to convince us that those laws should not be in place and you have yet to provide a compelling reason to do so.
    I have, you choose to discard it, your choice, but I have presented compelling reasons to allow same sex marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Nor have you answered the question on how you would limit this new "right" to just one alternative lifestyle or how you would exclude other alternative lifestyles who want the same thing.
    First you will have to list these alternate lifestyles, and please, don't be foolish and list bestiality as it is clear an animal does not give legal consent.

  8. #678
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No its a reality until you can prove it isn't.
    Actually, no, the slippery slope is a logical fallacy. Has been for thousands of years.

  9. #679
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    It was not a claim. It was a conclusion based on the lack of evidence provided to substantiate an equal footing with race as many here have made long before I ever posted that conclusion.

    You really need to read the entire thread next time.
    Ah, so because you don't think there is sufficient evidence to back up the other argument, yours must be the correct one?

    Not everything is that black and white. If you are going to have an argument, you at least need to back it up. At least people who have the argument have been giving evidence to back theirs up. Whether you find it legitimate or not doesn't matter. Your unwillingness to back up your own argument speaks volumes.

  10. #680
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I have, you choose to discard it, your choice, but I have presented compelling reasons to allow same sex marriage.
    Perhaps in your mind yes you have.

    First you will have to list these alternate lifestyles, and please, don't be foolish and list bestiality as it is clear an animal does not give legal consent.
    I've already done this but I can do it again. Pologamy which you have already said you would allow, the age limit on marriage would be another.

    If you claim that people need to be of a certain age to marry then you are making a moral judgment, the same moral judgment we have made as a society in over 30 states to reject gay marriage.

    My problem with people who are for gay marriage is many do not want to look at the doors it opens to other alternative lifestyles demanding the same thing they are.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •