Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #641
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Well does a person that is into BDSM stop being into it when they're not having sex? No, they just don't have sex 24/7, that's all. homosexuality is a sexual thing. It doesn't define a person anymore than their favorite food.
    I am not sure if that is true. It is quite possible to identify young children who are more likely to become gay. CC I think it was linked to a study showing male children who where more effeminate where more likely to grow up to be gay.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #642
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not sure if that is true. It is quite possible to identify young children who are more likely to become gay. CC I think it was linked to a study showing male children who where more effeminate where more likely to grow up to be gay.
    Ok, and? Predicting if someone will enjoy homosexual activity is not an exact science, as I know plenty of effeminate guys who tear the poonani up, and plenty of masculine guys who love penis more than they love oxygen (the reason the study may not have shown this is because a lot of masculine gay men don't openly show it for a multitude of reasons, especially when they are younger or have reason to remain closeted.)

    Why does 'homosexual' have to be associated with effeminacy? That's part of a societal stigma that has blurred the lines.

  3. #643
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look Navy, looking at her own words, she did not change, she finally recognized what she was..........Maybe, just maybe we have a bit of insight now as to why her 3 marriages failed......I am willing to bet she knows more about her situation than you........and she did not say she changed, but recognized..........this is a less than subtle difference..........
    she figured it out at age 62, 3 marriage and 6 kids...............She sure as hell must have enjoyed her life as a straight woman.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #644
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    she figured it out at age 62, 3 marriage and 6 kids...............She sure as hell must have enjoyed her life as a straight woman.........
    I'm sensing the irony here that is Navy has latent homosexual desires and will one day get dirty with another man. Truth time: What is your homosexual fantasy/scenario? And if you say "I don't have one" you're a liar and an even bigger closet practitioner of homosexuality than I originally thought.

    I'll even go first.

    I'd go homosexual for Johnny Depp. My girlfriend is even in agreement.

  5. #645
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Ok, and? Predicting if someone will enjoy homosexual activity is not an exact science, as I know plenty of effeminate guys who tear the poonani up, and plenty of masculine guys who love penis more than they love oxygen (the reason the study may not have shown this is because a lot of masculine gay men don't openly show it for a multitude of reasons, especially when they are younger or have reason to remain closeted.)

    Why does 'homosexual' have to be associated with effeminacy? That's part of a societal stigma that has blurred the lines.
    You are putting too much into something not so complicated. At young ages, children have no sexual identity, and yet it is possible with some reliability to identify which are likely to become gay. Being gay transcends the act of sex, sex is only the most outward aspect of it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #646
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    she figured it out at age 62, 3 marriage and 6 kids...............She sure as hell must have enjoyed her life as a straight woman.........
    There is a word for your comments here Navy: assumptions. You are making guesses with incomplete data, and at odds with the report from the person with firsthand knowledge. Not a good move.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #647
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are putting too much into something not so complicated.
    Actually, I'm looking at this from a relatively simple point of view as opposed to the people who can go back and forth between things such as genetics vs learned behavior, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    At young ages, children have no sexual identity, and yet it is possible with some reliability to identify which are likely to become gay.
    Is it a significantly accurate number? How many times are those effeminate children that are thought to 'grow up to be homosexual' turn out to be hetero. And then factor in how many masculine males turn out to be 'gay'. I still want to see why effeminacy is any way to judge homosexuality and why is it even associated? Oh wait, because it's a societal stigma. Homosexuals rage from super masculine to ultra effeminate, Men and women.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Being gay transcends the act of sex, sex is only the most outward aspect of it.
    Being GAY might, but being homosexual doesn't transcend sex. What I'm saying is most sexual kinks have a "lifestyle" that go along with them, homosexuality is no exception to this, and thus the gay "lifestyle" can be a product of a number of things:

    1. Stereotyping and Roles (the 'woman' in a homosexual relationships often acts effeminate, but not always)
    2. Attention whoring (Gay Pride! We're here, We're Queer, Get used to it!),
    3. Forced closet lives.

    I'm sure there are more factors to why they live the lifestyles, these are just three I can think of off the top of my head.

  8. #648
    User Ted Stryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona's 86th Congressional District
    Last Seen
    12-10-09 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14

    Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well then, old people and people that cannot have children shouldn't be allowed to marry according to your archaic logic.

    Sorry but the whole, marriage is for creating children is not a valid reason to exclude a couple from marriage.



    "Well, it's pretty simple. Marriage is a social, religious and legal institution that is constructed around the natural and exclusive sexual relationship between one adult male and one adult female. The obvious benefit of this sexual exclusivity that is grounded in social norms, religious convention and common law is primarily to the children created by this union. Since gays cannot produce children, a homosexual relationship, exclusive or not, serves no purpose for which the definition of marriage ought to be changed."




    How does old people not being able to procreate justify changing the existing definition of marriage?

    It's still one man marrying one woman.

    Exclude?

    Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    At the top of the list are close relatives, minors, third parties, the insane, those in a persistent vegetative state, etc.

    What logical reason could you give for not including persons of the same sex on the list?
    Last edited by Ted Stryker; 12-10-09 at 06:59 AM.

  9. #649
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Lots of people are legally excluded from marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stryker View Post
    How does old people not being able to procreate justify changing the existing definition of marriage?
    If you would have followed the thread, when I commented, the argument was given that since a homosexual couple cannot reproduce, they shouldn't be allowed to marry. That is not a valid reason, especially since a lesbian couple actually CAN reproduce through artificial insemination.

    Please do try and keep up.

  10. #650
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That claim.
    You are confused.

    The claim was made that people are born gay,

    Remember, I'm not the one who made the claim. I simply demanded evidence which no one could provide.

    Yes there was a fruit fly theory which was exposed for the fraud that it is then a twin gay study in which not only was it never even 50% of the time accurate, it was even less when the twins did not grow up together.

    You cannot prove a genetic link in even a low number like 60% so how can you claim that people are born gay?

    Please, answer the original question.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •