Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #611
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You remind me of creationists. No real evidence for your idea, you just think complaining about other theories will make your ideas relevant. One of us has provided source material, one of us has not. One of us has shown exactly what they claimed, which is that the "causes" of sexual orientation are debated, one just claims that he is right because, well, because he is.
    Have you tried debating with Charles "Neener Neener" Martel? He just points to the current state of things and says it's right because it is the way it is. Not even an attempt at making a coherent argument for why he thinks the way he does. Just, this is the law and this makes me right when the whole debate is about questioning the validity of the law.

    It's like debating a preacher. "The Bibuhl is right becuz Guhd says the Bibuhl is right. How do we know Guhd says the Bibuhl is right? Becuz the Bible says Guhd says the Bibuhl is right."

    Different argument but same principle tactic.

  2. #612
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You remind me of creationists. No real evidence for your idea, you just think complaining about other theories will make your ideas relevant. One of us has provided source material, one of us has not. One of us has shown exactly what they claimed, which is that the "causes" of sexual orientation are debated, one just claims that he is right because, well, because he is.
    Let me get this straight. I challenge you to prove in even 60% of homosexuals that there is a genetic link and not only do you not prove that, you have the audacity to claim I haven't backed up my point?

    Its easy to make general statements about someone. The key is to be specific so get specific.

    Exactly what do I need to back up? That heterosexual sexual orientation is defined by nature?

    I'm not the one claiming homosexuality is genetic.

    Your "source material" from a clearly biased site to which I already pointed out that it only targets one religion, a point you ran away from and it doesn't answer my challenge to you. In fact, it doesn't come to a single conclusion only to speculate that the question cannot be answered.

    You have got to love that circular argument. It hasn't been proven because it cannot be proven but I have no proof to back up my claim.

    If you are going to debate, try answering the questions posed to you.
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-09-09 at 05:35 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #613
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Let me get this straight. I challenge you to prove in even 60% of homosexuals that there is a genetic link and not only do you not prove that, you have the audacity to claim I haven't backed up my point?

    Its easy to make general statements about someone. The key is to be specific so get specific.

    Exactly what do I need to back up? That heterosexual sexual orientation is defined by nature?

    I'm not the one claiming homosexuality is genetic.

    Your "source material" from a clearly biased site to which I already pointed out that it only targets one religion, a point you ran away from and it doesn't answer my challenge to you. In fact, it doesn't come to a single conclusion only to speculate that the question cannot be answered.

    You have got to love that circular argument. It hasn't been proven because it cannot be proven but I have no proof to back up my claim.

    If you are going to debate, try answering the questions posed to you.
    I do not think you are following. I have been challenging you to prove your claim, to back it up with actual source material, just as I have done. Your whole argument is "you are wrong, I am right because...well just because I say it is that way". Get back to me when you can back up your claim. Until then, any challenge from you is laughable.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #614
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think you are following. I have been challenging you to prove your claim, to back it up with actual source material, just as I have done.
    Third time.

    What claim? Be specific.

    Your whole argument is "you are wrong, I am right because...well just because I say it is that way". Get back to me when you can back up your claim. Until then, any challenge from you is laughable.
    Forth Time.

    What claim? Be specific.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Let me get this straight. I challenge you to prove in even 60% of homosexuals that there is a genetic link
    That's a false figure with no grounding in reality. You even confessed that yourself.

    You are basically setting a bar for everyone else based on nothing but some figure you pulled out of your ass and then declaring that the debate is lost due to some arbitrary standard you set.

    I don't know where you learned to debate from, but around here that ain't gonna fly.

    When evidence was linked to you using legitimate studies, you not only showed a complete lack of knowledge of genetics by dismissing the studies because it used the most common model species for human genetic research but you looked like a total ass in the process by declaring some intellectual superiority. That was ****ing hilarious actually so I have to thank you for that gaffe. Not only did you do this but you simultaneously disregarded 3 of a 4 page article to zero in on the physiological mechanics of attraction which was a completely seperate section of the article from the genetics assertions and tried to use that to disprove the genetics aspect.

    So do forgive the intelligent readers of this forum when they find it hard to believe a word you say or even have faith that you know what you are debating. However, you are free to continue bringing us amusement.
    Last edited by jallman; 12-09-09 at 05:44 PM.

  6. #616
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's a false figure with no grounding in reality. You even confessed that yourself.

    You are basically setting a bar for everyone else based on nothing but some figure you pulled out of your ass and then declaring that the debate is lost due to some arbitrary standard you set.

    I don't know where you learned to debate from, but around here that ain't gonna fly.

    When evidence was linked to you using legitimate studies, you not only showed a complete lack of knowledge of genetics by dismissing the studies because it used the most common model species for human genetic research but you looked like a total ass in the process by declaring some intellectual superiority. That was ****ing hilarious actually so I have to thank you for that gaffe. Not only did you do this but you simultaneously disregarded 3 of a 4 page article to zero in on the physiological mechanics of attraction which was a completely seperate section of the article from the genetics assertions and tried to use that to disprove the genetics aspect.

    So do forgive the intelligent readers of this forum when they find it hard to believe a word you say or even have faith that you know what you are debating. However, you are free to continue bringing us amusement.

    This coming from someone who called me a liar then had to retract it because you had no evidence.

    Then called me a liar again, and again had no evidence and never once gave an apology for either false accusation.

    You also lied about posting links to articles multiple times and when you finally did, I broke them down and exposed the nonsense and you couldn't respond.

    You'll forgive me if someone who says liar liar then can't back it up or admit they were wrong isn't the first person I would turn to for moral and intelligent conversation.

    This is why you are on ignore.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #617
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There is no evidence people are created gay. To beleive that is to believe a fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Third time.

    What claim? Be specific.



    Forth Time.

    What claim? Be specific.
    That claim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    But ED, the problem won't be solved. The minute it becomes law that Marriage A is for heterosexuals and Marriage B is for homosexuals then you will have the opened the door for the same elements in our society who tried to deny Marriage B before to start challenging the rights inherited by both parties from that contract.

    For instance, preferential treatment for adoption and foster care is given to married couples. So now that you have two marriages, which one gets preference over the other in adoption? Well clearly those from Marriage A category are going to press that their marriage is "a little more equal" than Marriage B because the only reason the two have different names is because of moral disapproval becoming codefied into law.

    If you just give the exact same marriage to both parties, the openings for legal wrangling of one group or the other out of their rights is greatly decreased.
    I agree but...fine, keep fighting an uphill battle. Regardless of what you call it, two men are going to have a harder time getting a kid simply because they are two men rather than what the law codifies them as. :\ I think we need to EASE society into the fact that two men/women can be life partners rather than force the complete change and expect everyone to 'come around'

    Give and take (haha I just noticed that's a homosexual pun)
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 12-09-09 at 06:57 PM.

  9. #619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    This coming from someone who called me a liar then had to retract it because you had no evidence.

    Then called me a liar again, and again had no evidence and never once gave an apology for either false accusation.

    You also lied about posting links to articles multiple times and when you finally did, I broke them down and exposed the nonsense and you couldn't respond.

    You'll forgive me if someone who says liar liar then can't back it up or admit they were wrong isn't the first person I would turn to for moral and intelligent conversation.

    This is why you are on ignore.
    On ignore yet here you are posting to me.

    But you've already confessed to completely making **** up so why not lie about the ignore feature, too?

    Also you lied here. I never retracted calling you a liar because you are a liar and I would never retract the truth.

  10. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I agree but...fine, keep fighting an uphill battle. Regardless of what you call it, two men are going to have a harder time getting a kid simply because they are two men rather than what the law codifies them as. :\ I think we need to EASE society into the fact that two men/women can be life partners rather than force the complete change and expect everyone to 'come around'

    Give and take (haha I just noticed that's a homosexual pun)
    No one needs to ease in to anything. It's not like gay marriage being legal will equate to everyone having to get gay married and have homosex. People need to just back the **** off and realize that moral disapproval is no grounds for legislating inequality. And the only way to stop the attempts is to give the exact same status to both sides right down to the name itself.

    But honestly, if they hadn't tried so damned hard to deny us the civil unions to start with, the fight wouldn't be at their very doorsteps over the word itself today. The only reason the other side claims it's over the word is because they have seen now that it is a possibility...a probability and they are trying to cut their losses.

    All this puffed up crooning that it's gotten voted down in each state is just false bravado. They know that this balance is shifting out of their favor and its gonna take more and more money to be tossed at the issue to keep winning it. And guess what: eventually, the money dries up and the voting pool gives way to a new generation. And when that happens, they lose. For good.

Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •