Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    As long as Gays can change then they have to be a class of people defined by their sexual oreientation............
    Can you change your sexual orientation to be attracted to the same sex? No, you cannot. But then your ignorant homophobic comments are of no surprise.

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    As long as Gays can change then they have to be a class of people defined by their sexual oreientation............
    When do gay people ever change? Or what do you mean?

  3. #473
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am saying their decorations are a fraud............
    Do you have proof of this assertion? Or is it just because you don't agree with them politically?

  4. #474
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am saying their decorations are a fraud............
    Which is absurd, of course.

  5. #475
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh no it does not. There are other issues such as dissolution of obligations, mutual inheritance of joint property, etc.
    Mutual inheritance of joint property and dissolution of obligations? Please, are you trying to be amusing?

    No, you are not correct in your analysis. Mindless repetition of it is not going to make you correct, either.
    I'm actually quite right, sorry.

    Funny how you make no attempt to show it as incorrect.
    I already did so.

    Uh, no. Pointing to the point of contention as your argument for the point of contention being correct in your favor is not an argument.


    I don't think I used the words ignorance, fear, or homophobia so please do not assign to me arguments I did not make despite how much you may need to create arguments that you can actually defend. Let's try to stick to the arguments being made in this thread, hmmm?
    I don't care what words you used, I'm merely addressing the point. It is often mistaken that those that oppose same sex marriage are an extreme fringe of religious zealots, or that the vote doesn't go pro same sex marriage because of "misinformation" or "lies." This isn't true, same sex marriage is stomped on across the nation, by many walks of life, in many different states red and blue. In truth, the extreme finge element is found on the pro same sex marriage side of the aisle, most people overwhelmingly oppose marriage being defined any other way than one woman, one man.

    All you have done is show a true devotion to remaining uneducated about the very debate you hope to be taken seriously in.
    Actually I'm quite learned, know much about the Loving vs. Virginia case you cited and am bringing links to laws specific on the books defining marriage.

    Case law that sets precedent is vital to the debate.
    So are laws passed by the Legislature such as the DOMA and State amendments to COnstitutions, in fact, they take precedent ocer case law. Your case study is Loving vs Virginia 1948, why not return to 1883 in Pace vs Alabama where the Supreme Court ruled that the conviction of an Alabama couple for interracial sex, affirmed on appeal by the Alabama Supreme Court, did not violate the 14th amendment? Is that case law not vital to the debate?

    I'm giving you the most recent and telling reality concerning same sex marriage and marriage has been defined in dozens of state Constitutions. By We the People.

    OK...it's apparent that this is not a serious discussion for you and that your entire point in being in this discussion is to childishly stick your thumbs in your ears and waggle your fingers while crying "Neener neener neener".
    It's a very serious discussion...that you're losing. Again, support your point, marriage isn't what you suggested, not even close. Would you like to start addressing reality...please.

    I have no more interest in discussing the issue with a pet rock. If you decide to explore the issue with something resembling civility, honesty, and maturity with a commitment to dialog, then perhaps we can pick this up. Until then, enjoy your childish antics and the adults will continue on without you.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Mutual inheritance of joint property and dissolution of obligations? Please, are you trying to be amusing?



    I'm actually quite right, sorry.



    I already did so.







    I don't care what words you used, I'm merely addressing the point. It is often mistaken that those that oppose same sex marriage are an extreme fringe of religious zealots, or that the vote doesn't go pro same sex marriage because of "misinformation" or "lies." This isn't true, same sex marriage is stomped on across the nation, by many walks of life, in many different states red and blue. In truth, the extreme finge element is found on the pro same sex marriage side of the aisle, most people overwhelmingly oppose marriage being defined any other way than one woman, one man.



    Actually I'm quite learned, know much about the Loving vs. Virginia case you cited and am bringing links to laws specific on the books defining marriage.



    So are laws passed by the Legislature such as the DOMA and State amendments to COnstitutions, in fact, they take precedent ocer case law. Your case study is Loving vs Virginia 1948, why not return to 1883 in Pace vs Alabama where the Supreme Court ruled that the conviction of an Alabama couple for interracial sex, affirmed on appeal by the Alabama Supreme Court, did not violate the 14th amendment? Is that case law not vital to the debate?

    I'm giving you the most recent and telling reality concerning same sex marriage and marriage has been defined in dozens of state Constitutions. By We the People.



    It's a very serious discussion...that you're losing. Again, support your point, marriage isn't what you suggested, not even close. Would you like to start addressing reality...please.




    Yes, Charlie...you won the internetz. That's very nice and makes you a big boy. Now can the rest of us who don't think "neener neener neener" is a legitimate argument go back to the real discussion?

  7. #477
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yes, Charlie...you won the internetz. That's very nice and makes you a big boy. Now can the rest of us who don't think "neener neener neener" is a legitimate argument go back to the real discussion?
    I merely won the argument for lack of resaonable opposition that's all. And I was merely trying to correct you, marriage isn't defined as you say, a Supreme Court case on inter-racial marriage doesn't define marriage. We the People, our Legislature, our Representation either through referendum or amendment processes defines marriage and do does the federal Defense of Marriage Act that I quoted.

    You're wrong, you don't like me pointing that out, nonetheless, you're wrong.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I merely won the argument for lack of resaonable opposition that's all.
    Yes, Charlie. You won the internetz and that makes you a big boy.

    Although, I must point out that your post was so full of inconsistencies and blatant falsehoods I scarcely found it in me to read the whole thing.

    For one, I never referenced Loving. I referenced Perez v Sharp. Next time you come up to bat, you might want to try a little harder to keep up with the conversation and spend less effort wagging your fingers beside your head whilst sticking out your tongue.

  9. #479
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    As long as Gays can change then they have to be a class of people defined by their sexual oreientation............
    Could you change to gay?

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Can you change your sexual orientation to be attracted to the same sex? No, you cannot. But then your ignorant homophobic comments are of no surprise.

    People don't change what gets them off ever? I know multiple fetishes and kinks that I've had come (no pun intended) and go. Why would homosexuality be any different? Is there more to why homosexuality gets you off than any other sexual activity?

Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •