Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #411
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    #1 and #2 neither can you.
    Um, I'm not the one trying to prove its genetic. That would be you.

    And yet again, 30 years ago, this wouldn't have even been voted on. It's called progress and only the blind don't see that it will eventually pass. It may take another 10-20 years but it will happen. Sorry that progression is on our side and the anti-gay marriage crowd grows smaller and smaller over time.
    You keep the faith because its all you've got

    Just because someone marries, has children, and then decides that their true feelings are gay does not mean they weren't from birth.
    See now thats funny. So they "endured" a heterosexual relationship for decades only to discover later their true "genetic" calling was for a homosexual relationship?

    Thanks for the laugh

    I see you ducked bi-sexuals.

    Hmm why is that I wonder?

    Perhaps they were just afraid to come out being gay because of ignorant homophopes that would choose to ostracize them in society.
    All theory no fact. Something I've grown quite accustomed to in your arguments.

    You claim that NOONE is gay from birth and just chooses to be an outcast in society. Yeah right.
    I never said that.

    I think there are about 2-3% of the gay community that actually have a hormonal imbalance like hermaphrodites.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    How is your family "redefined" by gay marriage?
    resistance to change sometimes doesn't have a logical answer. Some people think that, for whatever reason, if gays get the word marriage too, that society has taken a step down the road to total degeneracy. Me personally, I think the Gays should stop trying to get a word, and just try and get the equal rights, they can worry about words later when more people don't care so strongly.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    resistance to change sometimes doesn't have a logical answer. Some people think that, for whatever reason, if gays get the word marriage too, that society has taken a step down the road to total degeneracy. Me personally, I think the Gays should stop trying to get a word, and just try and get the equal rights, they can worry about words later when more people don't care so strongly.
    Rights are never equal if they are seperate. We already learned this lesson once.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Rights are never equal if they are seperate. We already learned this lesson once.
    But life isn't fair, and having a different name for the same thing is far better than not having it at all. Not to mention, it's one step forward instead of going in circles. People need to learn to GIVE and take, not just TAKE TAKE TAKE until I think everything's "fair" for me. It's not the happy sunshine and rainbows we want it to be but then again, that's life.

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    But life isn't fair,
    That's not an argument when it comes to legality.

  6. #416
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    But life isn't fair, and having a different name for the same thing is far better than not having it at all. Not to mention, it's one step forward instead of going in circles. People need to learn to GIVE and take, not just TAKE TAKE TAKE until I think everything's "fair" for me. It's not the happy sunshine and rainbows we want it to be but then again, that's life.
    Maybe the anti gay marriage should stop taking....

  7. #417
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    resistance to change sometimes doesn't have a logical answer. Some people think that, for whatever reason, if gays get the word marriage too, that society has taken a step down the road to total degeneracy. Me personally, I think the Gays should stop trying to get a word, and just try and get the equal rights, they can worry about words later when more people don't care so strongly.
    I agree on the word thing. To sacrifice everything for a word is silly.

    I guess this means I'm not a troll any more?

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's not an argument when it comes to legality.
    What laws that have tried to govern 'fairness' and 'equality' that were met with little to no resistance and accomplished exactly what they were set out to do? I mean, I can't think of any off the top of my head so I just want another viewpoint.

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I agree on the word thing. To sacrifice everything for a word is silly.

    I guess this means I'm not a troll any more?
    You were getting pretty close last night. I'll just settle for you being belligerently staunch in your views with moments of clarity


  10. #420
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    But life isn't fair
    The law should be.

    But this isn't really a fairness issue. Marriage isn't a "right" in the sense that anyone should have legal blessing to marry anyone else, otherwise we wouldn't have any marriage qualifications at all. (That said, I do agree with Va. v. Loving, before anyone brings it up).

Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •