Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 791

Thread: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #401
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stryker View Post
    No one said anything about being forced to marry a gay person. What is being imposed is the redefinition of the institution of marriage and, by extension, the American family. Neither institution is the exclusive property of the left such that they may do with them as they please.
    How is your family "redefined" by gay marriage?

  2. #402
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Once you decide that "man and woman" is no longer a fundamental paet of marriage, then there is no sound argument to limiti marriage to two people.
    You don't need that argument to justify polygamy. It stands on its own.

  3. #403
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Once you decide that "man and woman" is no longer a fundamental paet of marriage, then there is no sound argument to limiti marriage to two people.
    Once again....Goobie demonstrates that he doesn't understand Equal Protection analysis.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #404
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So

    #1 You can't prove its genetic

    #2 You can't even prove a genetic link in even 60% of homosexuals.

    Got it.

    Thanks.



    0-31 with 2 losses in the biggest year Democrats have had in an election in decades.

    You are going to have to face that fact.

    BTW, your pathetic attempt to claim because it hasn't been disproven as genetic somehow validates your claim is only another sign of desperation.

    What about bi sexuals? What about the people who marry, have kids, then "turn gay". Are you going to claim they are genetic too?
    Personally, I could care less whether it's genetic or not. Being attracted to someone of the same sex is just as legitimate as being attracted to the opposite sex. I have yet to see a legitimate argument from anyone as to why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed. I don't think that the government should step in and force every church to recognize homosexual marriage if it is against their ideology. I also don't think that any religion should be able to get their anti-gay marriage ideology legislated. No single religion holds a monopoly on marriage and what the definition of it is. End of story.

  5. #405
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Personally, I could care less whether it's genetic or not.
    It shouldn't matter one bit.

    Religion isn't genetic either, yet it is protected by many anti-discrimination laws, and the constitution. The idea that something has to be "immutable" to be protected is silly.

  6. #406
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It shouldn't matter one bit.

    Religion isn't genetic either, yet it is protected by many anti-discrimination laws, and the constitution. The idea that something has to be "immutable" to be protected is silly.
    I just find that one of the main arguments that pro-gay marriage people use is that being gay is genetic. There has been no scientific proof of this that I could find. I couldn't care less whether it's genetic or not. Does it have to be genetic to be legitimate?

  7. #407
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I just find that one of the main arguments that pro-gay marriage people use is that being gay is genetic. There has been no scientific proof of this that I could find. I couldn't care less whether it's genetic or not. Does it have to be genetic to be legitimate?
    No, it doesn't. I agree. Like I said, religion isn't genetic either.

    It's really silly to say being gay is a choice though. Who would choose that? How does one choose what they like?

    Whenever someone says it's a choice, I ask them "when did you choose to be straight? Was it a tough decision? Did you weigh the pros and cons?"

  8. #408
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No, it doesn't. I agree. Like I said, religion isn't genetic either.

    It's really silly to say being gay is a choice though. Who would choose that? How does one choose what they like?

    Whenever someone says it's a choice, I ask them "when did you choose to be straight? Was it a tough decision? Did you weigh the pros and cons?"
    I don't think it's a choice either. Obviously, nobody would choose a lifestyle where they could risk being cast aside by both friends and family.

  9. #409
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't think it's a choice either. Obviously, nobody would choose a lifestyle where they could risk being cast aside by both friends and family.
    Exactly.

    And hey, who you want to have sex with can't be a choice. You don't choose what you like, you just like it. What kind of guy is heterosexual and then one day says "gee, I think I'll start liking to have sex with boys instead?"

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: New York State Senate Votes Down Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So

    #1 You can't prove its genetic

    #2 You can't even prove a genetic link in even 60% of homosexuals.

    Got it.

    Thanks.
    #1 and #2 neither can you.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    0-31 with 2 losses in the biggest year Democrats have had in an election in decades.

    You are going to have to face that fact.
    And yet again, 30 years ago, this wouldn't have even been voted on. It's called progress and only the blind don't see that it will eventually pass. It may take another 10-20 years but it will happen. Sorry that progression is on our side and the anti-gay marriage crowd grows smaller and smaller over time.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    BTW, your pathetic attempt to claim because it hasn't been disproven as genetic somehow validates your claim is only another sign of desperation.

    What about bi sexuals? What about the people who marry, have kids, then "turn gay". Are you going to claim they are genetic too?
    Just because someone marries, has children, and then decides that their true feelings are gay does not mean they weren't from birth.

    Perhaps they were just afraid to come out being gay because of ignorant homophopes that would choose to ostracize them in society.

    You claim that NOONE is gay from birth and just chooses to be an outcast in society. Yeah right.

Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •