Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 283

Thread: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    I can't wait till every reporter and every article thats printed has to go through a political approval process by an appointed democratic party apparatchik.


    Cause they're communist right?


    Get it?

  2. #122
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So much so you talked about issues not stated. Like nationalization while deliberately running away from explicitly mentioned proposals like changes to amortization of losses. Sure you read it. And a gay atheist republican has a good shot at winning the GOP presidential nomination. You ain't kidding anyone.



    See above. You discussed proposals that were never mentioned as fact while ignoring proposals that were explicitly mentioned. When pointed this out, particularly how the article never mentioned such proposals, you run away. You have yet to answer my question how changing amortization tables results in your conclusions. I suspect because if you answered, you'd admit that your posts are nothing more then partisan vile. What is actually proposed was nothing what you claimed it was. Does that sound like someone who read the article? No. It sounds like someone who assumed whatever he wanted to true in the article and ran with it despite the actual article explicitly not saying what you claimed it did.



    The reason you draw a different conclusion is 1) you don't understand the history of the tax code 2) you don't understand that this occurs all of the friggin' time 3) you assume that democrats can do only bad things 4) you assume that what you think could happen will happen despite no evidence to support such a position. If you actually read the article, you would have noticed that the actual stated policies in no way represented a single thing you said. Now, people can speculate all they want, but you act like it's fact despite your own linked actual article stating no such thing. All of this would be alleviated if you actually read articles rather then assuming whatever you want.



    Oh boy. Where have I seen this before? Idle speculation = evidence enough for conviction. Spent some time on Whistlestopper eh?

    Do you have a nanogram of evidence that Waxman is moving towards nationalization?

    Oh wait. I know better then to ask you hard questions that forces you to examine your positions.



    Did I say it was positive? Or are you assuming that because it's easier for you then to examine the actual stated posts? What I actually said was this does not result in the conclusions you stated. The proposals stated in the article you clearly did not read do not support anything you said. Furthermore, I cited examples of similar tax changes that in no way resulted in the conclusions you claimed would occur. This again is why I question if you understand the written English language. This isn't a real political issue based on historical precedent. I actually look at evidence of what happened in the past rather then just assume whatever the hell I want like you do. I see you are still pretending that my examples don't exist.



    Wrong again. Clearly you never worked in private sector firm. The business model of the newspapers is the problem. You ignore how millions of people get their news online from the very same sources just for free. If they were not providing a product people wanted, news, no one would go to their websites. The problem is that they failed to put up a toll gate on their web content. Not that their content itself was unwanted. Their distribution was the problem, not their product.

    Seriously, you expect to talk about newspaper industry mechanics without understanding that basic fact? Take some advice from Redress, don't talk about things you don't understand.



    The words yes. But when you actually examine the actual proposals, it's hardly scary. Especially when it's been done about a gazillion times.

    Ya know, I just realized something, your signature is the epitome of Irony.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #123
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Scarier than a literal handful of multinational media corporations controlling American newstainment.

  4. #124
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Ya know, I just realized something, your signature is the epitome of Irony.
    Still pretending I'm a hypocrite eh?

    Well, I can't expect you to refute anything I say now. You were never able to in the past.

    Stop pretending you read the article. Still waiting for you to prove my argument is in line with Waxman. But I really shouldn't because you can't prove anything you say.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #125
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Still pretending I'm a hypocrite eh?

    Well, I can't expect you to refute anything I say now. You were never able to in the past.

    Stop pretending you read the article. Still waiting for you to prove my argument is in line with Waxman. But I really shouldn't because you can't prove anything you say.
    I'm soprry, you're 100% correct about everything OC, I'll stop pretending and just agree with your assessment on everything. You are the only true thinker on DP, and any that has a POV that isn't in line with yours is "obviously" wrong, and they probably didn't read the OP article.



    Trying to discuss anything with you is folly. You hinge your arguments on trivialities, you insult the intelligence of anyone that doesn't agree with you, and you make false claims that because someone disagrees, they didn't "Read the article"
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #126
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Trying to discuss anything with you is folly.
    Amusingly, we say that about you. What you dislike is your inability to prove me wrong. Notice that virtually everything you have stated in this thread is a variation of "I say so." You have currently as to date, brought nothing of evidence, reason, or rational. In fact, you explicitly stated that you FEEL that Waxman as ulterior motives. You have no evidence, no argument and no rational to follow. Just speculation. And when I challenge your positions, you abandon them. I'm still waiting for you to prove my positions are in line with Waxman. You won't because you can't.

    You hinge your arguments on trivialities
    I wasn't aware that actual stated policies were trivialities and that mere speculation based on FEELINGS aren't.

    you insult the intelligence of anyone that doesn't agree with you
    Like how I'm insulting Ethereal over contract aspects of marriage and misterman about why people legally pay for music when they can get it free? Oh wait. I do enjoy people making those claims despite current threads proving them so utterly wrong.

    and you make false claims that because someone disagrees, they didn't "Read the article"
    False? Tell me, where in the article does it say nationalization? Tell me, how does changing amortization tables equate to your conclusion? Declaring my statement false....and then utterly failing to address why I leveled that claim does not disprove my claim.

    Still lacking the guts and intelligence to answer that eh?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #127
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Amusingly, we say that about you.
    I don't need a group of people to echo my opinion for me to feel good about myself, I am quite able to think on my own.

    You however... need group approval.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #128
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't need a group of people to echo my opinion for me to feel good about myself, I am quite able to think on my own.

    You however... need group approval.
    Yeah....that explains why I went against a much larger group who disagreed with me.

    Notice that not a single point has yet to be refuted. Why is that? Because I'm right and you folks got nothing.

    You know, ignoring the vast majority of my post doesn't make you right. It makes you weak as you can't address it.

    Still pretending I insult everyone who disagrees with me eh? You just posted in the thread with misterman!

    I have a hard time taking you seriously when you don't even understand the fundamental business problem why newspapers are failing.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #129
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Yeah....that explains why I went against a much larger group who disagreed with me.
    The majority disagree with you, yet you are right?
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Notice that not a single point has yet to be refuted. Why is that? Because I'm right and you folks got nothing.
    I've attempted too, you refuse to even admit I have read the article. What you are looking for is me to roll over and agree with you. I would agree if you had anything worth agreeing with posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You know, ignoring the vast majority of my post doesn't make you right. It makes you weak as you can't address it.
    When you have the courtesy to quit isnulting me by claiming that I haven't read the article just because we disagree, maybe I'll show you the same and take the time to address your... ehm "points".
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Still pretending I insult everyone who disagrees with me eh? You just posted in the thread with misterman!
    what does that have to do with anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I have a hard time taking you seriously when you don't even understand the fundamental business problem why newspapers are failing.
    They are FAILING because they cannot make a profit. Why is that?

    Circulation is down, why is that? Because people are moving from paper to digital delivery. This means they have to adapt, those that do, will succeed, those that don't will fail.

    Government is not the answer, government has no place in shaping this. The markets will. That's how business works. A point you have ignored from the word go.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #130
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The majority disagree with you, yet you are right?
    The majority thought that bloodletting was a viable cure for many diseases. What's your point? Do you really expect the fallacy of the bandwagon to win an argument?

    I've attempted too
    Liar. Show me a single post where you attempted to actually address what I actually stated.

    you refuse to even admit I have read the article. What you are looking for is me to roll over and agree with you. I would agree if you had anything worth agreeing with posted.
    Because you discussed things that were never in the article and you ran away from points that were pointed out to actually be in the article. Have you read it now? I don't know. I know for a fact you didn't before. If you did, you would have been able to disprove my arguments. Notice you have not. Not a single post addressing those claims. Absolutely nothing on your part.

    When you have the courtesy to quit isnulting me by claiming that I haven't read the article just because we disagree
    CAN YOU EVEN READ?

    I claim you did not read the article because you talk about things as fact that were never stated. Furthermore you go off your explicitly stated FEELINGS as if they were facts while ignoring ACTUAL STATED POLICIES IN YOUR OWN ARTICLE.

    maybe I'll show you the same and take the time to address your... ehm "points".
    ehm points? What does that mean?

    what does that have to do with anything?
    1) You abandon points when challenged to support them
    2) You say all kinds of **** to avoid defending your claims
    3) You are wrong as usual

    They are FAILING because they cannot make a profit. Why is that?

    Circulation is down, why is that? Because people are moving from paper to digital delivery. This means they have to adapt, those that do, will succeed, those that don't will fail.
    Which really has little to do with their actual product: content. It has everything to do with their distribution. You claimed that the CONTENT was the problem initially. Perhaps you have learned something here. The issue is distribution.

    Government is not the answer, government has no place in shaping this.
    Still pretending every post I made doesn't exist eh?

    The markets will. That's how business works. A point you have ignored from the word go.
    Please show me how I have ignored this...which is your cue to run away and never ever defend that point.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •