Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 283

Thread: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

  1. #101
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    OC, why do you say such things? Do realize how that makes you look? Seriously?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #102
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggae_6 View Post
    No, you are not reading my posts. The competitiveness of entertainment to hard news is definitely more extreme than in the past. You cannot deny that this is a different environment than Benjamin Franklin faced.

    And you argue that government assistance is inherently evil and profit-driven industries are not? Actually I never said that and neither did you because neither view is accurate. You want my opinon, read my posts but don't project your own beliefs to me.
    Be aware that Mr. V does not actually read your posts. He just assumes whatever he wants. Look at what he did with the article. He's assuming nationalization. Clearly, he did not read the article beyond the fact that a Democrat said something about the media. So don't get annoyed when they totally screw up.

    Actually, they do think that government assistance is inherently evil. What they fail to recognize (among a very, very, very long list of other things) is that government assistance has been around for decades. They fail to recognize that government assistance in allowing specific expenses allows them to reduce their taxable incomes and thereby increasing profits. If the government disallowed many media related expenses, these people would be out of business. That's direct financial assistance. For instance, newspapers can amortize equipment based largely on the life of the asset. Now those are estimates. But newspapers can reduce the estimated life and thereby taking significant depreciation deductions. Now, if the government said "No, you have to do it over straight line that we define" that would hurt. A lot. Especially now when many under went changes to digital printing. There's all sorts of stuff like this under the hood of the economy. But partisans outright refuse to even acknowledge this, especially when it occurs under their respective party.

    Bush signed a ridiculous 100% conservation tax credit that directly subsidized low profit or no profit family farms. Mr. V is pretending I never argued that because it's easier for him to be a partisan then to examine the actual facts of reality.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #103
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    OC, why do you say such things? Do realize how that makes you look? Seriously?
    You got a point there. Not many people take you seriously anyways due to large amounts of ignorance, faulty logic and downright incorrect statements in your posts. Me pointing it out really doesn't help.

    But considering how you argue points that were refuted before you even posted, maybe you do like the taste of fail? Logically one would conclude that since you keep making asinine arguments that do not stand up the scrutiny of reality.

    After all, you define "partisan hack" as anyone who disagrees with you even when they have a history of treating both parties the same.

    The thing is, I can actually prove my statements about you and your arguments. You rely on personal insults rather then actual arguments as to why I am allegedly wrong. And quite frankly, I enjoy being mean to those too arrogant to ever admit they are wrong and those unwilling to learn.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-04-09 at 11:11 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #104
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Your position is in line with that of Mr. Waxman, blindly following a political position, that is the very definition of political hack... how can you claim you are not one now?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Taking profit out of the media will make it more honest. This isn't the government taking control of media outlets, but regulating their financial behavior. Corporate media in the U.S. is owned and run by five different executives and this has widespread ramifications. I don't care if you're a liberal or a conservative, the media in the U.S. is messed up and twisting of the facts. The spectrum of debate is limited to what THEY want you to know about, and it mostly has to deal with ratings and sensationalism.

    IMO this is a long time coming.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You got a point there. Not many people take you seriously anyways due to large amounts of ignorance, faulty logic and downright incorrect statements in your posts. Me pointing it out really doesn't help.

    But considering how you argue points that were refuted before you even posted, maybe you do like the taste of fail? Logically one would conclude that since you keep making asinine arguments that do not stand up the scrutiny of reality.

    After all, you define "partisan hack" as anyone who disagrees with you even when they have a history of treating both parties the same.

    The thing is, I can actually prove my statements about you and your arguments. You rely on personal insults rather then actual arguments as to why I am allegedly wrong. And quite frankly, I enjoy being mean to those too arrogant to ever admit they are wrong and those unwilling to learn.
    You don't treat both parties the same, you have in two threads today, blindly backed the left. The Harry Reid thread is classic Hackery.

    You support the government bailing out those companies in danger of failing because NO ONE IS BUYING THEIR PRODUCT. You refuse to accept that it is the PRODUCT that is faulty, and support government support.

    You refute nothing, you just spam your arrogance and call people out for phantom fails, all the while ignoring the glaring holes in the arguments you present. It's almost as if you post merely to read what you type and justify some inner insecurity. That's probably why you keep trying to claim no one pays attention to me... yet you're one of the most rabid responders to my posts... like Pavlov's dog drooling to the bell.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #107
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Your position is in line with that of Mr. Waxman, blindly following a political position
    How so?

    Explain to me how my position which is nothing more then changes to the tax code to favor certain industries has occurred for decades in this country, hundreds of years elsewhere and thousands of years around the planet is in line with Mr. Waxman. Explain to me how am I a partisan hack by pointing out objectively how similar instances happened in the past. Explain to me how I am a partisan hack by explaining the concept of tax deductions and depreciation.

    Please, show me how all of that is a fact. Or you flat out lying through your teeth.

    I'd love to see you try. But I know you won't. Because you cannot refute a single thing I say and you are reliant upon generalizations and insults and you never, ever, ever even if your life depended on it, are able to back up anything you say.

    that is the very definition of political hack... how can you claim you are not one now?
    You know, people can actually read my posts. Do you really think blatantly lying about my position will help you?

    Note this:

    "Tell me, did he mention nationalization? Or are you like J-mac talking out of your @ss? I'll ask this again, but I don't think you have the intelligence nor the guts to answer it:

    Tell me how changing amortization tables results in your conclusion."

    I was right. You don't have the guts or intelligence to answer it.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #108
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Note I have almost 33% MORE thanks from other posts then you do, and we are almost equal in number of posts made.

    By merit of what peers think of you and I, you are in a distant second place.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #109
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Note I have almost 33% MORE thanks from other posts then you do, and we are almost equal in number of posts made.

    By merit of what peers think of you and I, you are in a distant second place.
    Except look who thanks you. You don't get people who don't share your bias. Does Hazel thank you? No. Does Goldendog thank you? No. Does Captain America? No.

    Jerry has thanked plenty of my posts. Deejay just thanked one my posts this week. Do I share their views? Not usually.

    It's real easy to get lots of thanks by pandering to your peanut gallery. It doesn't make your posts valid, factual, correct or meaningful.

    By the way, only a fool argues that popularity contest equates to being right. Btw, Rev tried the same argument. He quickly abandoned it.

    Simply put, you cannot refute my arguments. If you could, you would. But you constantly run away from them.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #110
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Govt will need to help shape U.S. media: Waxman

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Taking profit out of the media will make it more honest. This isn't the government taking control of media outlets, but regulating their financial behavior. Corporate media in the U.S. is owned and run by five different executives and this has widespread ramifications. I don't care if you're a liberal or a conservative, the media in the U.S. is messed up and twisting of the facts. The spectrum of debate is limited to what THEY want you to know about, and it mostly has to deal with ratings and sensationalism.

    IMO this is a long time coming.

    Taking profit will make it more honest?

    Are you insane? It will make the media just a mouth piece for the government.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •