Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 132

Thread: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

  1. #61
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Wow, I am amazed at the stupidity.

    Mike Huckabee hasn't been governor in 3 years. Mike Beebe, a democrat, is governer. This looks bad on him, not huckabee. Someone tell Gregiore that she missed out.
    This whole thread became a pit of stupidity really fast.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    350

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Since the rise of the federal government's involvement in crime, the typical Republican position has been to advocate a strong law and order response to social and criminal unrest, focusing on repressing it through such policies as bolstering law enforcement and lengthening prison sentences.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    350

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    In fact, it was largely the 1964 presidential campaign battle among Republican Senator Barry Goldwater, Independent candidate George Wallace, and Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson that returned crime to the national spotlight as a policy issue. In reaction to Civil Rights demonstrations and a rising crime rate, both Goldwater and Wallace included a strong law and order plank in their campaigns. Goldwater, in particular, often referred to the "crime in the streets" and the need for "law and order." Both Goldwater and Wallace accused Johnson of fostering a leniency that abetted crime. Holding to conservative tradition, Goldwater and Wallace promised to repress crime with a stricter enforcement of the criminal code.

  4. #64
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Huckabee signed off on the executions of more murderers than any modern Arkansas governor.

    His law and order credentials are very well established.

    He approved three executed in one day.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    350

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    2 Law and Order
    Meantime, as the debate over Johnson's proposal continued into spring 1968, law and order again rose as a central issue in the presidential election. Richard M. Nixon, seeking the presidency for the Republican Party, employed the issue in his campaign, as did George Wallace, who was running for the presidency as an Independent candidate. Both Nixon and Wallace argued that decisive action needed to be taken against crime -- and that action meant enforcing the criminal laws more forcefully.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    350

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Huckabee signed off on the executions of more murderers than any modern Arkansas governor.

    His law and order credentials are very well established.

    He approved three executed in one day.
    perhaps huckabee was trying to soften his image by pardoning someone who he knew nothing about.

  7. #67
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Quote Originally Posted by scottsoperson View Post
    2 Law and Order
    Meantime, as the debate over Johnson's proposal continued into spring 1968, law and order again rose as a central issue in the presidential election. Richard M. Nixon, seeking the presidency for the Republican Party, employed the issue in his campaign, as did George Wallace, who was running for the presidency as an Independent candidate. Both Nixon and Wallace argued that decisive action needed to be taken against crime -- and that action meant enforcing the criminal laws more forcefully.
    Could you post something a tad bit more recent please.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    He is on the war path, for the shooting.
    Chris Gregoire is a woman.

  9. #69
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    Quote Originally Posted by scottsoperson View Post
    perhaps huckabee was trying to soften his image by pardoning someone who he knew nothing about.
    Quadruple post? There is an edit button down and to the right of your post.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    350

    Re: Governor says no more Arkansas parolees

    since he got it wrong on clemens, perhaps he got it wrong on the executions too.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •