Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

  1. #11
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i don't think most "green" groups have hidden agendas.
    For some reason, many conservatives think taking care of the planet we live on is a bad idea. I don't get it.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  2. #12
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    For some reason, many conservatives think taking care of the planet we live on is a bad idea. I don't get it.

    Strawman. I don't think anyone including the conservatives on this board think that taking care of the planet is a 'bad idea'. If they have said so please show it to us.

    On the larger question, it is about control of the population that drives 'global warming' hoax, and has little to do with the planet one way or the other.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    first, let me say that any scientist who has purposely misrepresented data should not be allowed to continue.
    Continue research, continue working anywhere, continue breathing, continue what? We'd like an answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    now, let me say that it's patently untrue that environmental groups do nothing. recycling is sensible, greater mpg is sensible, and overall reduction of energy consumption is sensible, reasonable and logical. these were the first approaches taken by those groups.
    They do worse than nothing. No new nuclear reactors in the started in United States since Jane Fondle's China Syndrome came out.

    Steady unrelenting opposition to domestic energy exploitation, making the US criminally dependent on terrorist and socialist nations for it's energy resources, a clear and present danger to American liberty.

    Determined opposition to illegal alien exclusion and repatriation, thereby encouraging increased harm to sensitive border region ecosystems.

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    let me ask you a question: why would you want to see the demise of groups who could come up with, sensible, logical and reasonable plans?
    We're not discussing the demise of those groups, we're discussing the demise of environmentalist groups.

  4. #14
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    first, let me say that any scientist who has purposely misrepresented data should not be allowed to continue.

    now, let me say that it's patently untrue that environmental groups do nothing. recycling is sensible, greater mpg is sensible, and overall reduction of energy consumption is sensible, reasonable and logical. these were the first approaches taken by those groups.

    let me ask you a question: why would you want to see the demise of groups who could come up with, sensible, logical and reasonable plans?
    I will grant you that they have done a couple of minor things but the ones you refer to have been very minor and had little real effect. The mileage issue came up in the 70s with the oils crisis and the big three were forced to compete. They didn't change their ways because of environmental pressure or lies.

    Recycling is still a joke because because some recycled crap still ends up in land fills. There are protest against using trash to generate power but it is being done in Japan and has been for years and is environmentally safe.

    The major lip service I'm talking about comes in the form of the current protests against Solar and Wind energy generation. Solar could endanger some unknown lizard or other BS argument. They protest Wind power because it endangers birds. I can see a giant wind field from my home here near Palm Springs CA. and I assure you having lived in Dallas, TX. Portland, OR. and all over CA. there are more birds here than any place I have ever seen in my life. I can hear them singing every day.

    They also protest wind because they don't look nice. B.S.

    They are fighting the very things they were crying for just a few years ago, because they are real solutions. They protest some electric cars because the batteries are a danger.

    I have been an environmentalist all my life but I wouldn't walk across the street to support any of the usual groups because they lie and dupe their followers.

    I learned from my Dad when I was a kid and used to go camping and before my Dad would do anything to set up camp he'd clean the area and we'd leave it better than we found it.

    I have always felt it made sense. Let's look at one protest. I choose ELF. they want cleaner air so they protest excessive use of fuel that pollutes the air how? By burning Hummers. It is impossible to justify this dumb ass action because why? Because in just a few minutes they put more pollutants in to the air in the form of toxic smoke that the Hummers would have produced in 20 years of operation. Add to that pollution the the fuel burned by all of the emergency vehicles that have to respond.

    Environmental nuts have shut down forests to logging knock thousands out of work driving up the cost of lumber, and increasing the trade deficit because we now import more lumber than ever. Truth is modern logging is sound and the companies replant far more than they cut. Parts of the U.S. have more forests than there were when the Pilgrims landed. That goes for game too. Places in this country face major problems because there are too many Deer and Elk, more than ever before.

    Some of the best conservationist are hunters lie the Duck hunters who do more to sustain numbers than any other group, Government or private.

    The global warming HOAX is about money, profit, and in Government it's about control.

    One of the really stupidest things I have ever heard is the argument by Liberals that we shouldn't drill for oil because it would take 7 to 10 years to have an effect. Well answer me this. How long will it take for new wells to help if we never drill them. This is a typical type of unsound argument used by environmentalists and their supporters, and shows the clear lack of reason, sense, and logic. It's all the same.
    Last edited by Councilman; 12-01-09 at 06:13 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    For some reason, many conservatives think taking care of the planet we live on is a bad idea. I don't get it.
    Whoa, now we're grasping. Good Lord.

    Conservatives are absolutely for taking care of the planet. In fact, we are typically among the most conscious about picking up after ourselves.

    We just don't build a political party around it, and lie and exagerrate environmental "crisis" to gain votes for other hidden agendas.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Whoa, now we're grasping. Good Lord.

    Conservatives are absolutely for taking care of the planet. In fact, we are typically among the most conscious about picking up after ourselves.

    We just don't build a political party around it, and lie and exagerrate environmental "crisis" to gain votes for other hidden agendas.
    I have to congratulate you for this point. A quick comparison between the Conservative 9-12 group of near the same size as the inauguration croud in January and see who made a mess and who cleaned up after themselves. It sure as hell was not the Liberal Obama worshiping mob.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by carlkay58 View Post
    This is as it should be. Any scientist that falsifies or truncates data to prove a point is not a true scientist. The fact that the doctored data 'proves' a political objective makes it that much worse. No scientist found doing this should ever be in a scientific post again.
    That's why government scientists are no better than government priests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    For some reason, many conservatives think taking care of the planet we live on is a bad idea. I don't get it.
    We're all for taking care of our planet. But, let's try not to lie about what needs fixing. Common sense would suggest that wasting money on a problem that doesn't exist would ultimately be bad for the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We're all for taking care of our planet. But, let's try not to lie about what needs fixing. Common sense would suggest that wasting money on a problem that doesn't exist would ultimately be bad for the planet.
    I wonder how many trees have to die to print up a trillion dollars. good point.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I wonder how many trees have to die to print up a trillion dollars. good point.
    There it is. How much paper does our new huge asses government use to write up all these BS reports about how the Earth is going to explode any day now? I guess they could use recycled paper. Oh, wait, that produces a toxic byproduct. Damn!

    How much gas does the newly expanded government fleet burn? Using ethonal could solve that problem. Oh, damn, it takes three gallons of water to make one gallon of ethonal and ethonal fueld cars get half the gas mileage of gasoline fueld cars. Dammit all to hell!!!

    Sometimes I think the treehuggers do more harm than good.
    Last edited by apdst; 12-01-09 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •