Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 279

Thread: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Hardly. His Arkansas record:
    WOW!......
    I can not see how this guy was ever released......
    The state of Washington bears responsibility as well......

  2. #42
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    WOW!......
    I can not see how this guy was ever released......
    He was just a kid at the time and Huckabee's a sucker for the Jesus for Jailbirds crowd

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    He was just a kid at the time and Huckabee's a sucker for the Jesus for Jailbirds crowd
    Sucker is right......

  4. #44
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Don't forget this either:

    Here are the figures for neighboring states since 1996, when Huckabee took office (and keep in mind the population of these states is nearly 20 times ours):

    ___ >> Louisiana – 213.
    ___ >> Mississippi – 24.
    ___ >> Missouri – 79.
    ___ >> Oklahoma – 178.
    ___ >> Tennessee – 32.
    ___ >> Texas – 98 (in-cludes 36 inmates released because they were convicted on drug charges with planted evidence).

    Total: 624 vs. Huckabee’s 703.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Here's the funny thing. Its very easy to criticize Huckabee here, along with everyone else in the line of justice that screwed up. However because you're using SO much hyperbole, SO much exaggeration, SO much misinformation, that it makes people have to defend him because you're making a mountain out of a mole hill and people just can't agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    What I just said. lol nice use of semantics.
    No, its use of facts. I see that must be difficult for you because it doesn't allow you to make your absurd accusations, your over the top point, or justify your frothing outrage.

    YOU stated he was pardoned, that’s factually incorrect. I’m sorry you think that’s Semantics but why don’t you bitch about your lying rather than someone using facts?

    Huckabee did not pardon him, he commuted his sentence. These are two noticeably different things. For one, it doesn’t absolve the person of their crime. Two, it simply lowered his sentence and allowed for the chance of parole. Parole mind you that would need to be decided upon not by Huckabee but by others.

    Does this mean Huckabee is right about what he did? Not necessarily. But your over exaggeration shows you’re more interested in attacking Huckabee than the truth, and realize that the TRUTH of the matter doesn’t make Huckabee look as bad as your fictional world so you have to exaggerate to make your point.

    Reduced the sentence of a child rapist and murderer in order to ensure the mean's release? And that doesn't concern you? This isn't the first time he's done it either.
    Such as here. You continue to attempt to mislead, misrepresent, and deceive people because you have a worthless, factually incorrect point to justify you’re asinine outrage instead of actually presenting this factually…an action that’d likely have gotten people to agree with you.

    He reduced the sentence of a burglar. The person had not raped a child nor murdered anyone upon the time that Huckabee reduced the sentence. Unless Huckabee has the power of seeing into the future, he did not commute the sentence at that time of a child rapist and murder but of a burglar.

    You're partisanship is showing. It's pretty sad when a conservative will throw their morals out the wind and essentially say a man like this "didn't really need to be behind bars" if it gives them an excuse to defend their party.
    It’s pretty sad when you want sooooo badly to come down with righteous fury against someone you dislike so much that you’re purposefully exaggerate facts, flat out lie about things, and mislead people to make it seem worse then it is and then bitch about “semantics” when someone actually presents the real facts.

    Then he's a pussy. This guy could've been given the death penalty and I wouldn't blink an eye.
    So you’re for the death penalty for robbers? Good to know you’re so authoritarian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    What irks me the most is that the only reason Huckabee released this guy is because he "said" he was a "born-again Christian" just like the serial rapist.
    Oh look, wonder of wonders, more misrepresentation, exaggeration, and flat out seeming lies or just ignorant statements from you about this.

    First off, again, HUCKABEE DIDN’T RELEASE THIS GUY. Will you stop with that lie, its getting tiresome.

    Second, so it’s the only reason Huckabee commuted his sentence was because he was a born again Christian? Really? Do you have some facts to back this up? What proof do you have that the ONLY reason for it was that? What proof do you have the statements that the judge recommended the commutation either had nothing to do with Huckabee’s decision or was a lie? Seriously, I’d love to see some proof to this or flat out admit its just your hateful ignorant opinion on the matter.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    He must have the Democrats really worried for 2012.
    Thanks for inserting actual facts but seriously, can you stop with the "democrats worried" thing. No person I can think of, on either side, is "scared" or "worried" about what candidates the other side may put up. No ones quivering at the thought of Mike Huckabee

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    As I said in other threads...

    Huckabee has been way to liberal (not the political use of the word) in his signing of commutations, pardons, etc. Its a power I generally dislike for executives to have, though I get that there is a purpose to it. His hands are not clean in regards to the action of this criminal.

    HOWEVER

    Neither is the hands of the parole board completely clean, nor the judge, nor the prosecuter that screwed up paperwork some time later on another charge, and on and on.

    The justice system failed in many places here.

    All are partially to blame for this but before people start trying to grab this for political points and taking political pot shots the fact of the matter is NO ONE is more to blame for this than the person that actually perpetrated the action.

  8. #48
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    As I said in other threads...

    Huckabee has been way to liberal (not the political use of the word) in his signing of commutations, pardons, etc. Its a power I generally dislike for executives to have, though I get that there is a purpose to it. His hands are not clean in regards to the action of this criminal.

    HOWEVER

    Neither is the hands of the parole board completely clean, nor the judge, nor the prosecuter that screwed up paperwork some time later on another charge, and on and on.

    The justice system failed in many places here.

    All are partially to blame for this but before people start trying to grab this for political points and taking political pot shots the fact of the matter is NO ONE is more to blame for this than the person that actually perpetrated the action.
    The focus is on him because it started with him.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #49
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Once again, not a single shred of evidence has been presented that Clemmons ever claimed to be a "Christian", "born again" or to "have found Jesus".

    What about the parole board? What about the presiding judge who agreed with the parole board decision? What about the prosecutors who failed to file charges in a timely manner after his parole violation and then dismissed the charges?

    Finally, what about authorities in Washington?

    All this yet somehow people are proclaiming that "Mike Huckabee is to blame".

  10. #50
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    I didn't read this whole thread, but, Huckabee commuted a 105 year life sentence to something else I think 46 years. It was the parole board that released him...


    two questions.


    1. what did he origionally get the 105 years for?

    2. What did others get for the same thing?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •