Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 279

Thread: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

  1. #231
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Case closed.
    No no no.....Huckabee failed to used his prophetic powers,it's all his fault....give'em a show trial then take him out back.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  2. #232
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    I am not showing blind hatred of the facts, it was huckabee who let this man out of jail were he freaking belongs. Yeah, I am the one denying facts.
    Fact: Huckabee did not set this man free.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #233
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Jeebers....this is like talking to a crumbling brick wall.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  4. #234
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    I am not showing blind hatred of the facts, it was huckabee who let this man out of jail were he freaking belongs. Yeah, I am the one denying facts.
    Governor Huckabee disagreed with you.

    Five parole board members disagreed with you.

    The trial judge disagreed with you.

    I disagree with you.

    Face it.

    You're wrong.

  5. #235
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Thumbs up Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is going to be an unpopular point of view, but as long as you have pardons, and as long as you have paroles, there are going to be mistakes made. Sometimes those mistakes will have tragic consequences, but that is just how it is. I don't much care for Huckabee, but I suspect he feels pretty ****ty right now, and I hope he will learn from this. Unless we change the system to not allow pardons, commuting of sentences, and parole, things like this will happen. I suspect this was a well intentioned act on Huckabee's part that went wrong, and I see nothing to gain from condemning Huckabee for being basically human, and thus less than perfect.
    Absolutely brilliant. Great post.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Governor Huckabee disagreed with you.

    Five parole board members disagreed with you.

    The trial judge disagreed with you.

    I disagree with you.

    Face it.

    You're wrong.
    Huckabee granted Clemmons clemency -- which required the parole board to approve his release -- rather than a straight-up pardon. The link takes you to a justice thing. Only because Mike Huckabee made all that possible.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 12-02-09 at 10:02 PM.

  7. #237
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Huckabee granted Clemmons clemency -- which required the parole board to approve his release -- rather than a straight-up pardon. The link takes you to a justice thing
    Nice that you are acknowledging finally that Huckabee did not release Clemmons.

    Progress finally.

    By the way, your link doesn't work.

  8. #238
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Do you even know what semantics means? There is a difference. Huckabee is not my hero but he did not let this killer out and either time.

    What's the matter can't you find a way to blame this on Bush, or could it somehow be related to Sarah Palin.

    You have got to do something to take focus away fro the real issues Obama is failing to intelligently address.
    Let me slow this down for you, since this whole thing is going way way way over your head. This whole thing has split parties and ideologies. There are liberals who think Huckabee did nothing worse than make an inevitable mistake. There are conservatives who think Huckabee should be strung up and shot over this. This is not a partisan thing. This has nothing to do with Obama.

    Let me repeat that for you: This has nothing to do with Obama. You have a serious fixation on Obama, you might want to seek psychiatric help for it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Nice that you are acknowledging finally that

    By the way, your link doesn't work.
    That weird I thought it did work

    By the way I still blame Huckabee for getting the ball rolling thought.

    I hope this works


    I found the rules for Arkansan regulations for clemency

  10. #240
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Washington Stops Taking Parolees From Arkansas After Shootings

    OLYMPIA, Wash. Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire said Wednesday the state won't accept any more parolees from Arkansas until she's assured of a better system for sending them back.

    Officials in Washington and Arkansas have been sparring over who had responsibility for Maurice Clemmons who killed four Lakewood police officers Sunday at a Parkland coffee.

    Clemmons was shot to death early Tuesday by a Seattle police officer.

    At issue is a warrant that Arkansas officials issued for Clemmons. Arkansas corrections officials say the warrant should have been enough to keep Clemmons in jail on an earlier Pierce County charge. But Washington officials say it wasn't handled properly in Arkansas.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •