pardon: 1. kind indulgence, as in forgiveness of an offense or discourtesy or in tolerance of a distraction or inconvenience: I beg your pardon, but which way is Spruce Street?
2. Law. a. a release from the penalty of an offense; a remission of penalty, as by a governor.
b. the document by which such remission is declared.
3. forgiveness of a serious offense or offender.
commute: 1. to change (a prison sentence or other penalty) to a less severe one: The death sentence was commuted to life imprisonment.
2. to exchange for another or for something else; give and take reciprocally; interchange.
3. to change: to commute base metal into gold.
4. to change (one kind of payment) into or for another, as by substitution.
To reduce from over a 100 to 47 years for a crime of a 16 year old is not unreasonable except for hypocrites who haven't taken the time to find the facts.
Last edited by Councilman; 12-02-09 at 04:41 PM.
If Governor Huckabee had wanted Clemmons out of prison he could've just pardoned him and been done with it.
No one could stop him.
Instead Governor Huckabee reduced his sentence to 47 making him eligible for parole.
The five members of the parole board voted unaminously to recommend his release. Plus the trial judge agreed with that vote.
Without the parole board recommendation, no one in his right mind believes that Clemmons would've been released from prison.
And in regards to Dumond, there has never been any evidence that Governor Huckabee took any actual actions to cause his release.
again. There are four dead police officers, because of Huckabee's clemency. I have a right to be pissed off with Huckabee. He has a long freaking history of blaming other for his actions
Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 12-02-09 at 07:19 PM.
I'll put it to you this way.
How long should Clemmons have served in prison when he never harmed anyone in commission of a crime?
Be honest and not this "habitual criminals should be locked up for life BS".
1) Clemmons never claimed to have found Jesus. He mentioned being raised in a Christian family but never made any claim in his letter of being a Christian or turning to Jesus in prison.
2) Clemmons didn't claim to be Jesus or some kind of God until YEARS later. Well after he left Arkansas.
Look, everyone here feels for the four police officers murdered.
And everyone should be honest and admit that Governor Mike Huckabee never would've reduced the mans sentence if he believed the man would murder people regardless of how religous he claimed he had become.