Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 279

Thread: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    IIRC, Texmaster is a libertarian.

    Or at least an internet libertarian.

    Big difference.
    You know what Dayton, I am a daughter of a cop I find you defending Huckabee sicking. I find anyone defending Huckabee and the cop killer sicking,

  2. #122
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    You know what Dayton, I am a daughter of a cop I find you defending Huckabee sicking. I find anyone defending Huckabee and the cop killer sicking,
    It appears that your being offended is misplaced. Huchabee was obviously acting upon the information and advice he had at the time. Do you really believe any governor would release someone expect to kill cops or anyone else upon release? Of course there was Dukakis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So is trying to duck who commuted his sentence.
    Whose ducking? I've stated repeatedly throughout this that he commuted his sentence. I've stated repeatedly that was a bad decision on Huckabee's part. I've stated repeatedly his action's played a part in this. What the hell are you talking about in regards to "ducking"?

    Thats right. And Huckabee interfered with that process. Second time I've had to point this out to you.
    sigh

    Huckabee didn't "interfere" in the process because the actiosn he took is PART OF THE PROCESS. This is like saying someone that fouls someone in basektball is "interfering with the process of the game". No, its part of the game. Its in the rules. Same thing here. You could say he was interfering in the sentencing, but that's the exact PUROSE of the ability to commute sentences and pardon people and that's its purpose IN THE PROCESS.

    You want to claim that but the court and jury gave him that sentence. You want to excuse Huckabee for interfering with that sentence. I don't give him that luxury.
    No, I don't want to excuse Huckabee for that. I've not excused him yet. You like to make crap up. I'm saying that people LYING about what he did by saying he pardoned a guy, MISLEADING people by implying that he pardoned the guy of rape, and and people trying to make this ALL Huckabee's fault are EXTREMELY over exaggerating the issue for alterior reasons other than the facts which is excusing every single other person involved in this screw up.

    If you are going to lie about my statements, show me anywhere where I said what Huckabee did was illegal.
    "If I only had a brain...."

    Nice strawman.

    I never stated you said what Huckabee did was illegal. Please find me making that claim. You stated that he interfered with a lawful sentencing, implying that somehow since the sentencing was lawful it was wrong for Huckabee to commute it. However, if you’re reason for agreeing with the sentence is that it was “lawful” then you can’t truly get overly upset with Huckabee because what he did was ALSO lawful, ALSO part of the system, and perfectly acceptable in regards to the law.

    YOU threw the “lawful” word around as a means of implying why Huckabee was wrong for commuting the sentence. I simply stated if the fact it was “lawful” to you mattered then why are you mad at Huckabee doing something “lawful”.

    I never once stated you said it was illegal.

    Again, please stop lying about what I said. I never said what he did was illegal.


    Ditto above. I never said you stated that.

    Not once. I said he interfered with the process and thats exactly what he did.
    His “interference” is PART OF THE PROCESS.

    And you excuse his interference into the decision because you like him.
    Actually, I’m not that big of a fan of him…as I’ve already said in this thread. I don’t think he’d ever have a chance at winning the Presidency. I didn’t like his comments regarding the constitution. I think he can be fairly entertaining when on something like Colbert and has a few views I like, but he’s a bit too much of a religious theocrat for me. I don’t excuse his actions at all, I simply don’t over exaggerate them or even downright lie about them like some have in this thread.

    I'll say it again real slow. It started with him because he commuted a lawful sentence.
    And I’ll say it again, his commuting was also completely lawful, part of the process, and simply because, if we accept your premise, it “started” with him does not excuse every other person in the line nor make him leaps and bounds more guilty.

    Do you really believe the probation board didn't take his commuting of the sentence into account when they let him out? Are you really that naive?
    Oh, I’m sure it was taken into account. Doesn’t mean they had to go along with it. Doesn’t mean they don’t share some of the blame.

    Anyone who voted for it.
    What?! You’d say it’s the fault of everyone that voting for it? But…but how!? I mean, shouldn’t the only person you care about be the person that STARTED it?! I mean I don’t hear you going on about the parole board, or the judge, or the prosecutor that filed paper work wrong, hell I hardly hear you talking bad about the criminal. All I see you doing is ranting and raving about Huckabee because “he started it”.

    Yet you’d be blame “anyone” that voted for it?

    Odd.

    I said it started with him and that is a fact. He decided to interfere legal or not in the sentence because he liked the fact this guy claimed he was born again which was obviously a lie.
    Again, do you have proof to do this? As I said to someone else, is this just baseless accusations because you dislike the guys religion or are you somehow a mind reader. Proof he did this simply because “he liked the fact this guy claimed he was born again” and not due to any other reasons?

    You just can't grasp the fact that commuting the sentence got the ball rolling for his entire treatment and how he got out in Arkansas because you're too busy feeling sorry for him.
    I don’t feel sorry for him at all. He should be feeling incredibly guilty. Pardoning and commutations are powerful tools of the executive and he used it far to liberally (again, not the political use of the word). That said, I’m not a hack. I actually like to look at things with intellectual honesty and logic rather than emotion. If people were actually insulting and attacking Huckabee based on real FACTS and weren’t over exaggerating his role in this while all but ignoring every, single, other persons role in this…including some seemingly completely ignoring the guy that actually DID the act…I’d be right there with them. But when people flat out lie (like the one poster who continued to call it a pardon), when people flat out mislead (like the poster that continued to imply that the sentence Huckabee acted on was for rape), and when people over exaggerate the guilt of one while basically writing off everyone else then it requires someone to actually argue from the side of logic and honesty.

    I'm sure Dukakis loved you as well.
    The hell does that even mean?

    I doubt that’s the case, I’d be voting for Reagan.

  4. #124
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    The Constitution is not a holy book. The founding fathers were no more gifted or talented than politicians of any era.
    The bible is only a "holy book", in the sense you're meaning, to Christians and not even to all Christians.

    Simple fact is the bible and the constitution are simply works of men, and as "holy" as the bible may be to many Christians, the constitution is essentially "holy" to this country as its the foundation for everything that its become over the past 200 plus years.

  5. #125
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    1) several counts of burglary.

    2) Generally, a fraction of that.



    exacty, and AND huckabee only communicated the sentence, he was released by the parole board...


    These officers were not even in the ground before some on the left used them to jump over a right winger.....


    It's a sad display.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #126
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Come on rev. This isn't just "some on the left". There's people on both sides doing this. Tex is FAR from someone I'd call a liberal, if anything he's been over the top far right conservative at times, and yet is arguing this almost as loud as anyone

  7. #127
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    exacty, and AND huckabee only communicated the sentence, he was released by the parole board...
    Without clemency, there would've been no parole.

    Huckabee takes the lion's share of the blame on this one.

  8. #128
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    "Huckabee takes the lion's share of the blame on this one."
    I disagree. I believe our system takes the lion's share of the blame. Prison as punishment is a relatively new phenomenon, along with the notion of rehabilitation in prison. If someone commits a crime resulting in a sentence of 1.5 X his life span, why should he NOT receive the death penalty within the next month?

  9. #129
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Come on rev. This isn't just "some on the left". There's people on both sides doing this. Tex is FAR from someone I'd call a liberal, if anything he's been over the top far right conservative at times, and yet is arguing this almost as loud as anyone




    +1 I realized this as I was reading your post....



    It's a damn shame.... on all accounts.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #130
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Cop Killer was pardoned from a life sentence by Mike Huckabee 9 years ago

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Without clemency, there would've been no parole.

    Huckabee takes the lion's share of the blame on this one.



    You claim to be a libertarian.... What was this person sentenced to "105 years" for?

    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •