Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    few defend it

  2. #52
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    that's why they were fired

    within hours

    LOL!

    it's cuz the community organizers TRY so hard

    that's why they, the community organizers, are enablers

    it's all in the EFFORT
    They tried so hard and got fired for trying to do tax work for a fake prostitution ring. Again a few bad eggs who were fired for misconduct. Again this is nowhere close to being what you said. You said they enabled a prostitution ring and human trafficking. There was no prostitution ring or human trafficking. Nor did you show that this was company policy and was throughout the organization. You want to defund a group that helps many poor people based on some flimsy footage which is incomplete. The whole point of the filmmaker doing this was to get disparage the organization. If he had any integrity he would release the full footage.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    if HE had integrity---LOL!

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There's nothing to analogize. When Prof says they enable child prostitution and human trafficking when there are no cases of it, it's an outright lie. I just wish Prof would back up his statement.
    Ok ok so, I'll play your game. There is no proof that they DID enable child prostitution or hooking..


    HOWEVER, there is evidence that they sure as hell didn't try and stop it.

  5. #55
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    if HE had integrity---LOL!
    Yes integrity you know that thing that slips through your grasp amidst your continued hyperpartisanship where you claim something happened which didnt happen. Last month or so i posted what a real undercover investigation looked like when teams sent by bloomberg went to gunshows and tried buying arms while claiming they would fail a background check. Current law states that if a dealer has reason to believe that the person purchasing the arms would fail a background check then they are obligated to not permit the purchase. During this many dealers failed and allowed people to purchase when they knew the person wouldnt pass. Also they found that some allowed straw purchases where one person fills out the paperwork while another purchases the gun. Now the point is this investigation posted video footage of everything they did including those who didnt follow the law as well as those that did. There is bound to be footage where the fake pimp and ho were turned away. If the filmmaker had any integrity he would release everything. So far though his past projects seem to attack organizations that help mainly minorities. Like him calling planned parenthood and saying he wanted his donations to go to aborting black babies.

  6. #56
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Ok ok so, I'll play your game. There is no proof that they DID enable child prostitution or hooking..


    HOWEVER, there is evidence that they sure as hell didn't try and stop it.
    There is no game being played here. What you and prof continue to fail to grasp is there was no child prostitution or hooking it was a filmmaker making up a fake scenario. Those responsible for not doing their job were fired. When prof claims they enabled child prostitution and human trafficking its just as big a lie as youre saying they did nothing to prevent it. Thus far there are no cases presented where they enabled or fail to prevent actual child prostitution or human trafficking. Fancy it up however you want trebek, but you cant change the meaning of words.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There is no game being played here. What you and prof continue to fail to grasp is there was no child prostitution or hooking it was a filmmaker making up a fake scenario.
    Thankfully it was fake THIS TIME. What happened if REAL prostitutes and human traffickers had gone in there? Do you think the absence of a hidden camera would have changed anything? No, we may never know if ACORN has or hasn't helped anyone in REAL LIFE do these things. This is what YOU fail to grasp.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Those responsible for not doing their job were fired. When prof claims they enabled child prostitution and human trafficking its just as big a lie as youre saying they did nothing to prevent it.
    When you work for a company, you are the face of that company. True ACORN isn't promoting these things, but that someone in their organization would does not look good for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Thus far there are no cases presented where they enabled or fail to prevent actual child prostitution or human trafficking.
    There is one case where a fake prostitute went in and got the assistance. If it was that easy for a filmmaker to do it, then why not a REAL prostitute. (Let alone, where did he come up with the idea? Just a random guess? or perhaps...he had heard things...rumors...and acted on them?)

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Fancy it up however you want trebek, but you cant change the meaning of words.
    Deny it all you want, you're just as wrong as you claim Prof is. We're all wrong to some degree, but ACORN has no proof to counter these claims and the media has a tape of the actions being taken.

  8. #58
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Thankfully it was fake THIS TIME. What happened if REAL prostitutes and human traffickers had gone in there? Do you think the absence of a hidden camera would have changed anything? No, we may never know if ACORN has or hasn't helped anyone in REAL LIFE do these things. This is what YOU fail to grasp.



    When you work for a company, you are the face of that company. True ACORN isn't promoting these things, but that someone in their organization would does not look good for them.



    There is one case where a fake prostitute went in and got the assistance. If it was that easy for a filmmaker to do it, then why not a REAL prostitute. (Let alone, where did he come up with the idea? Just a random guess? or perhaps...he had heard things...rumors...and acted on them?)



    Deny it all you want, you're just as wrong as you claim Prof is. We're all wrong to some degree, but ACORN has no proof to counter these claims and the media has a tape of the actions being taken.
    I fail to grasp nothing here youre making an argument that prof was right when he claimed something that didnt happen happened. Im all for an investigation of acorn as well as the firms who actually did support child prostitution and receive billions from our government annually compared to the millions acorn got over 15 years. Its not worth the hysterics you and prof are making out of it. So because you have no proof they enabled youre going to go off into hysterics as if they did. No paperwork was filled out, nothing was ever completed. I try to call a spade a spade as opposed to you and prof claiming they enabled or failed to present something that did not happen.
    So you have a few employees out of thousands across the country and thats enough to condemn an organization that helps many poor people?
    And those who screwed up got fired meanwhile those who committed actual illegal acts at dyncorp were merely kicked out of bosnia and still have their jobs and dyncorp still gets most of their money from the government. I think you waste too much time picking on the small fries.
    No okeefe came up with the idea because hes a bigot and goes in line with his previous videos. Apparently he thought a pimp and ho would be the most scandelous for poor people and explains the way he dressed. This is the same guy who called up planned parenthood and said he wanted his donation to only go towards aborting black babies its obvious he has a general disdain for minorities.
    Im not as wrong as i claim prof is you both claimed things that did not happen and i corrected you on it. What claims are those that they cant prove? Acorn posted the police report from when they kicked okeefe out of one of their offices wonder why he didnt show this video. Okeefe already stated his goal was to try to destroy acorn

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Im all for an investigation of acorn
    well, there ya go

    you see? i told you few defend it

    (except our stupid president and his pals in parliament)

    i'm proud of you

    You had employees getting fired for doing stuff they werent
    LOL!

    Im not as wrong as i claim prof is
    LOL!

    you're a funny guy, mr moran

  10. #60
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Justice Department Says Acorn Can Be Paid for Pre-Ban Contracts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    well, there ya go

    you see? i told you few defend it

    i'm proud of you

    (except our stupid president and his pals in parliament)
    I've stated several times in other topics about Acorn that I've always been for an investigation just like I'm for an investigation for military contractors, the NRA, and other lobbyist organizations. We don't have a parliament oh crazy one.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you're a funny guy, mr moran
    I know Prof its funny that I don't jump to hysterics over small fries while you go on ignoring the bigger fish. You make Acorn out to be some boogieman and accuse them of something that they have not been caught doing i.e. enabling child prostitution or human trafficking. I have a question Prof, why all the animosity towards Acorn do you believe they stole the election for Obama like Doug Hoffman believed they stole NY-23 for Owens?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •