Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: the President o f Europe

  1. #11
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Oh I dont disagree. What I am trying to say is that things that can best be handled locally should be done so, and things that best can be handled globally should be done so.
    Good to hear that I am not the only one.

    I am unmovable in saying people should be taxed locally, and then handed upwards on a need basis to regional and national(US)/continental(EU) governance.

    What is your stance on tax in that case?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #12
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I see.. so you are an utter isolationist.. stick your head in the sand then.

    The point of global governance is not to make a one world government (I have no doubt that is for some) but to make sure that we have an effective response to issues that effect all of us and can only be solved by all of us.
    You mean Germany and France?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #13
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Good to hear that I am not the only one.

    I am unmovable in saying people should be taxed locally, and then handed upwards on a need basis to regional and national(US)/continental(EU) governance.

    What is your stance on tax in that case?
    Depends on the tax system and what works best. I dont agree with top down tax systems nor do I believe in up top tax systems. Both cause problems. The top down tax systems dont always take into context the needs of the locals, and the up top tax systems can easily bring a country to its knees and give far far too much power to the locals, who frankly are far from always viewing the best interests of the country as a whole.

    The best system is that you have a local and state tax you have to pay and hence separating the two. Now that does not mean you need two bloated bureaucracies to handle the administrative work. One organisation can easily handle both and that organisation should have local "branches" so to say.

    As for the "continental tax".. does not exist and wont exist until we get another new treaty and is highly unlikely. Any transfer of money to the continent should go through the state (national) of course since the are best equipped to do so, and represent us in that matter.
    Last edited by PeteEU; 11-25-09 at 08:34 AM.
    PeteEU

  4. #14
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    You mean Germany and France?
    Dont understand what you mean.
    PeteEU

  5. #15
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Depends on the tax system and what works best. I dont agree with top down tax systems nor do I believe in up top tax systems. Both cause problems. The top down tax systems dont always take into context the needs of the locals, and the up top tax systems can easily bring a country to its knees and give far far too much power to the locals, who frankly are far from always viewing the best interests of the country as a whole.

    The best system is that you have a local and state tax you have to pay and hence separating the two. Now that does not mean you need two bloated bureaucracies to handle the administrative work. One organisation can easily handle both and that organisation should have local "branches" so to say.

    As for the "continental tax".. does not exist and wont exist until we get another new treaty and is highly unlikely. Any transfer of money to the continent should go through the state (national) of course since the are best equipped to do so, and represent us in that matter.
    I hope you get that treaty and they tax the living **** out of you without reducing the current taxes. Then I hope to hear Europeans whine their little butts off about how tough it is. hahahahahaha
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #16
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I hope you get that treaty and they tax the living **** out of you without reducing the current taxes. Then I hope to hear Europeans whine their little butts off about how tough it is. hahahahahaha
    The day that Brussels get tax authority breaking 50 years of policy is the day the EU dies and a new Federated European Nation is born.. and that will not happen within the next 50 years at least, if every. I for one will be against it.
    PeteEU

  7. #17
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: the President o f Europe

    You guys just aren't paying enough taxes. You need to use the special IRS form 1040

    Line 1) How much did you make last year? __________
    Line 2) Send it in. ___________
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #18
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Depends on the tax system and what works best. I dont agree with top down tax systems nor do I believe in up top tax systems. Both cause problems. The top down tax systems dont always take into context the needs of the locals, and the up top tax systems can easily bring a country to its knees and give far far too much power to the locals, who frankly are far from always viewing the best interests of the country as a whole.

    The best system is that you have a local and state tax you have to pay and hence separating the two. Now that does not mean you need two bloated bureaucracies to handle the administrative work. One organisation can easily handle both and that organisation should have local "branches" so to say.

    As for the "continental tax".. does not exist and wont exist until we get another new treaty and is highly unlikely. Any transfer of money to the continent should go through the state (national) of course since the are best equipped to do so, and represent us in that matter.

    Agreed!

    By top up I more mean that most taxes should be collected by local governance. Some part by regional, some part by national and some part by federal.

    I like the idea of 4 layers, but we could be better of removing the nations alltogether.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #19
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You guys just aren't paying enough taxes. You need to use the special IRS form 1040

    Line 1) How much did you make last year? __________
    Line 2) Send it in. ___________
    Ive paid anything from 10%-55% total taxes of my wages in different European countries. On average of all of those and the tax systems I know, around 35% seems the average and the norm(yes, after studying all brackets, not only my own income bracket).
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: the President o f Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    Norway are not part of thiis.the EU this is big mistake.Russia try to get in EU and it past the Köpenhagn accord.this will not be good for Europe.i dont like Vladimir putin.i thiink Tarja Halonen or Eva britt Svensson make better presiident then for thiis Belgian PM Rompuy.

    Meet the President of Europe | The Brussels Journal
    How is this any worse than the USA?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •