Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 288

Thread: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

  1. #191
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You're simply excusing their lie with this. They shouldn't have lied regardless. There is no shame in the way they did on their mission. We would have never heard of this if they had simply told the truth.

    Slap them on the hands for lying, congratulate them for a job well done, and give them a new target package.
    They shouldn't have to be afraid of being charged with a war crime for busting a prisoner in the mouth.

    Look at the BS charges that soldiers have been slapped with since we went to war with the Islamofacists. Why wouldn't they lie about roughing the guy up?

    We're not even sure the guy got roughed up. He may have struggled upon capture and sustained those injuries, making them accidental. So, these men may not even be lieing, to begin with. BUT, some folks on the other side of the political fence aren't going to give these soldiers the benefit of the doubt and we all know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #192
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They shouldn't have to be afraid of being charged with a war crime for busting a prisoner in the mouth.

    Look at the BS charges that soldiers have been slapped with since we went to war with the Islamofacists. Why wouldn't they lie about roughing the guy up?

    We're not even sure the guy got roughed up. He may have struggled upon capture and sustained those injuries, making them accidental. So, these men may not even be lieing, to begin with. BUT, some folks on the other side of the political fence aren't going to give these soldiers the benefit of the doubt and we all know that.
    I think this may be why the troops requested the court martial possibly. They may know that information will come out that will exonerate them of any and all charges. The benefit is that it will also cast a bad light on their accusers.

    I hope this is the case.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #193
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think this is what would have happened if they had not pushed it to full court marshal. I suspect that for NJP it would have been like 1/2 month pay X 2 and 60 days extra duty. it hurts, but only for a little while. Going to court marshal, it is almost certainly going to be worse for them.
    In most cases an NJP is a career ender. "Soldiers" with black marks on their records often get passed up for promotion. In the Marine Corps, two "Ps" is followed by administrative discharge or forced retirement.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-29-09 at 09:55 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #194
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    In most cases an NJP is a career ender.
    Then things have changed since I was in, which is certainly possible. 60/60 was used alot to catch peoples attentions when command felt they had a future they where trying to piss away, and I can think of at least once person for whom that worked really well.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #195
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Then things have changed since I was in, which is certainly possible. 60/60 was used alot to catch peoples attentions when command felt they had a future they where trying to piss away, and I can think of at least once person for whom that worked really well.
    Depends on the branch.

    During the early 90's the Republicans and the Democrats agreed that the end of the Cold War meant an end to our wars. They initiated the draw down and those with black marks were the first to go.

    In the Marine Corps, black marks are not as forgiving as in other branches. There was a time even the Marine Corps looked the other way if the Marine was a keeper. But since Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama, one NJP will often see you to 1stCIVDIV when it comes to re-enlist.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #196
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Depends on the branch.

    During the early 90's the Republicans and the Democrats agreed that the end of the Cold War meant an end to our wars. They initiated the draw down and those with black marks were the first to go.

    In the Marine Corps, black marks are not as forgiving as in other branches. There was a time even the Marine Corps looked the other way if the Marine was a keeper. But since Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama, one NJP will often see you to 1stCIVDIV when it comes to re-enlist.
    I served mostly during Bush the elder. Joined during Reagan, through Bush, and into Clinton. What I saw was outside of drugs and real serious stuff, the first NJP was a strong warning, the second and it was an OTH. My comments where based on that model, which may very well be obsolete.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    In most cases an NJP is a career ender. "Soldiers" with black marks on their records often get passed up for promotion. In the Marine Corps, two "Ps" is followed by administrative discharge or forced retirement.
    Particularly with greater rank. If you are a PFC they can't do much to you with NJP, and you can recover and go onto a career. If you are a Sgt or higher, with plans to re-enlist you will likely have to kiss that idea goodbye under NJP. I never saw an NJP at my unit where people didn't lose rank.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    And they can deal with the consequences of any rules they break, but no rules should ever trump the laws of their land, which in this case apparently prohibit striking terrorists.



    You are a sick bastard if you think these people deserve to die for this.
    Did I use the phrase "deserve to die"?

    No, I did not.

    I said they should be exposed to combat to see how the real men they're stabbing in the back live every damn day they're over there.

    With a little luck, they'll get killed, but that's up to the terrorists they coddle and the real men they're standing in front of, then.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    What does the legal systems that the soldiers are bound by say on the matter? Informal codes of honor are not legal systems.



    I'm not siding with the terrorists, I believe that the rules should be fairly applied no matter what. You don't like it, you change the rules. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for you to grasp.
    You're siding with the terrorists.

    Not that it's anything unusuall. Your Messiah is giving them the opportunity to have a Defense by Diatribe in New York.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If a bloody lip was all that happened, why charge any one with anything? Things like that make me think there are significant details we do not know.
    I imagine that once the complaint has been filed, it's necessary to follow procedure, otherwise the terrorist can file another complaint alleging sytematic indifference to his "rights" and thus find grounds for dismissal of charges or transfer of his case to a civillian court.

    So long as the men accused of the heinous act of giving a murdering terrorist dog a dreaded "fat lip", which is apparently a mortal insult in Islam, are acquitted, everything will turn out okay.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •