Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,013

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Dont look at it as a tax.. look as it as payment for bailing their asses out..
    Even if the pesron paying the tax didn't receive bailout money?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #22
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    This makes total sense. We just gave hundreds of billions to wall street - obviously it needs to be paid for somehow. Clearly the answer is to tax wall street to pay for the handout we gave to wall street

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,013

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    This makes total sense. We just gave hundreds of billions to wall street - obviously it needs to be paid for somehow. Clearly the answer is to tax wall street to pay for the handout we gave to wall street
    Tax everyone, even if they didn't receive bailout money? That don't make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #24
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Shoulda put a on that post

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And whose pocket would that money REALLY go to?

    Yeah, tax Wall Street and raise the capital gains tax on investors. I'm sure we can get unempoyment to 50 percent if we keep trying.
    Yeah, because lowering capital gains and eliminating the death tax did wonders... for Paris Hilton.

    Some people on this board really have no concept of what true wealth really is and how it is spent... and misspent.

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,013

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Yeah, because lowering capital gains and eliminating the death tax did wonders... for Paris Hilton.

    Some people on this board really have no concept of what true wealth really is and how it is spent... and misspent.
    And, if the Libbos in Congress have their way, none of us ever will.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,644
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only problem with that, is that today it will $250. Tomorrow, some genius will think it needs to be raised to a $1,000, then $5,000. You get the picture, I'm sure.

    Bottom line, however, 250 bucks is 250 bucks. It has the same value to you as it does to anyone else.
    So, because things might change, we should do nothing. Brilliant!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,013

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, because things might change, we should do nothing. Brilliant!
    No, because this tax can and probably will be increased and will only stifle economic growth, it shouldn't be inacted.

    No matter how hard they try, the government isn't going to create wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,644
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, because this tax can and probably will be increased and will only stifle economic growth, it shouldn't be inacted.

    No matter how hard they try, the government isn't going to create wealth.
    So again, because things might change, nothing should be done. I do not ever want to hear you complain about the deficit, since whenever anything is proposed to cut the deficit, you get upset.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,013

    Re: Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So again, because things might change, nothing should be done.
    When you say, "things might change", what are you talking about, exactly?

    I do not ever want to hear you complain about the deficit, since whenever anything is proposed to cut the deficit, you get upset.
    Stop spending a gazillion dollars on **** that won't produce any return! perhaps the deficit wouldn't be so bad, if we didn't piss money down a rabbit hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •