Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    12-04-09 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How do you explain the bonehead moves they've been making?
    They're ignorant, perhaps, or foolish, but definitely not malicious.
    The government has nothing to win from wrecking the economy.
    Nobody does.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Please source the statistical manipulation used to derive this obscene figure....
    You know what I was off. It's 99.7% of the employer businesses. How many non-employer businesses are there? Seriously, I want to correct this. This also accounts for 50% of the non-farm workforce.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzluber View Post
    They're ignorant, perhaps, or foolish, but definitely not malicious.
    The government has nothing to win from wrecking the economy.
    Nobody does.
    A Marxist would. >.> Just ask Glenn Beck! He's on to those Marxo-Communo-Socialists in Congress and the White House!!!



  4. #14
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    12-04-09 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You know what I was off. It's 99.7% of the employer businesses. How many non-employer businesses are there? Seriously, I want to correct this. This also accounts for 50% of the non-farm workforce.
    Non-employer businesses = independent contractors

    If owner = only employee, then it is a non-employer.

    As for farm workforce, they're not Americans, they're mostly illegals.

    If they employed Americans, food would be expensive like hell.

    (which would not be so bad... it might reduce obesity!)

  5. #15
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You know what I was off. It's 99.7% of the employer businesses. How many non-employer businesses are there? Seriously, I want to correct this. This also accounts for 50% of the non-farm workforce.
    Follow the money: how much of real GDP is earned in the form of income from small business?

    Hint: see national income accounting
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzluber View Post
    Non-employer businesses = independent contractors

    If owner = only employee, then it is a non-employer.
    I figured, and as such I kinda assumed the amount of those businesses increased as of late, but not drastically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzluber View Post
    As for farm workforce, they're not Americans, they're mostly illegals.
    Which double-sucks because they're sending the money home to Mexico.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzluber View Post
    If they employed Americans, food would be expensive like hell.

    (which would not be so bad... it might reduce obesity!)
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It's not a bad idea...I think you're on to something!

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Follow the money: how much of real GDP is earned in the form of income from small business?

    Hint: see national income accounting
    I give. I'm at the BEA's site and I'm not seeing what I'm looking for.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzluber View Post
    They're ignorant, perhaps, or foolish, but definitely not malicious.
    The government has nothing to win from wrecking the economy.
    Nobody does.
    So, it's not intentional, it's just stupidity?

    It has got to suck, when your only options to defend your party are malice, or incompetance and you choose the latter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    12-04-09 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    A Marxist would. >.> Just ask Glenn Beck! He's on to those Marxo-Communo-Socialists in Congress and the White House!!!


    LOL

    Yes, they get a hard-on when they hear people are getting fired.

    MUHAHAHAHA

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    12-04-09 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Rising unemployment taxes could hinder hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, it's not intentional, it's just stupidity?

    It has got to suck, when your only options to defend your party are malice, or incompetance and you choose the latter...
    Well, not everyone in the party, just the ones in charge... the moderates, such as Obama.

    The progressives have good ideas, but they have no way of implementing them because they don't hold much clout in the party.

    Therefore, the blue dogs and moderates get to go around doing stupid things at light speed while progressives and conservatives alike scream at the wall and hang from a chandelier.

    We're on a highway to hell... happily riding in a breadbasket!


    I wish we had a parliamentary system, then we wouldn't have to be stuck with two lousy parties.

    We could have lots and lots of lousy parties like they have in France.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •