Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Your understanding of economics is primitive. There isn't a fixed number of jobs, and the reason for high unemployment among young black males is minimum wage.
    Please elaborate......
    Are you saying young blacks don't want to work?......
    You are stating the obvious when you say that there is not a fixed amount of jobs, as is evidenced by the fact that the unemployment rate is rising as jobs are being LOST.....
    Last edited by Partisan; 11-24-09 at 12:22 PM.

  2. #52
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Please elaborate......
    Are you saying young blacks don't want to work?......
    I never even insinuated that.

    You are stating the obvious when you say that there is not a fixed amount of jobs, as is evidenced by the fact that the unemployment rate is rising as jobs are being LOST.....
    Exactly. So kicking out illegal immigrants won't necessarily eliminate unemployment as you are proclaiming.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #53
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Please elaborate......
    Are you saying young blacks don't want to work?......
    You are stating the obvious when you say that there is not a fixed amount of jobs, as is evidenced by the fact that the unemployment rate is rising as jobs are being LOST.....
    Do you have evidence to the contrary?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #54
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Your classic scapegoat failure
    I wonder how many people are going to lose their jobs when the price of food skyrockets under Partisan's "solution." Not to mention more people who will find as hard time putting food on the table.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I fail to see how a soloution is a failure....
    Illegal immigrants filling low wage jobs is one of the reasons for the high unemployment rate among young black males...
    You can choose to hide your head in the sand, (in classic Liberal fashion), or look at the facts....
    No matter how you look at it, every job filled by an illegal is one less job for an American.....
    It's not entirely any one reason's fault. However, it is, among other factors, a combination of our own lazy ass citizens who won't work the ****ty job (because it's either beneath them or they are a Welfare Rockstar), minimum wage that makes ****ty occupations getting paid more than they are worth while not adjusting pay for other occupations (especially those just above MW), and yes, illegal immigrants taking from the system without putting into it.

  6. #56
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link


    Looky here, it worse then the MSM and govt have been reporting.
    You know, when I was bashing the media during the Bush administration about under reporting unemployment statistics, I was pilloried by your side, and called a fake Conservative. So why the change of heart? Ahhh, I know. It's a Democrat in office this time.

    Fact is, whether it is Bush or Obama, the media has definitely stayed quiet on the way unemployment statistics are computed now. That does not get either Bush or Obama off the hook. It just shows that some people only look at it when it concerns someone of the opposite party, whether Republican or Democrat. This is quite hypocritical and dishonest.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post

    Fact is, whether it is Bush or Obama, the media has definitely stayed quiet on the way unemployment statistics are computed now.
    I have heard this repeatedly, but I have yet to be able to find out when or if a change happened. No one seems to know, and I have had no luck finding an answer. Maye you know: was the way the number is figured change, and if so when?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #58
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You know, when I was bashing the media during the Bush administration about under reporting unemployment statistics, I was pilloried by your side, and called a fake Conservative. So why the change of heart? Ahhh, I know. It's a Democrat in office this time.

    Fact is, whether it is Bush or Obama, the media has definitely stayed quiet on the way unemployment statistics are computed now. That does not get either Bush or Obama off the hook. It just shows that some people only look at it when it concerns someone of the opposite party, whether Republican or Democrat. This is quite hypocritical and dishonest.
    Whatever, but you still have Bush on the brain, you need to get over that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Whatever, but you still have Bush on the brain, you need to get over that.
    The clinical name for this malady is "Bush Derangement Syndrome", (B.D.S.)....

  10. #60
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Whatever, but you still have Bush on the brain, you need to get over that.
    Actually, I have honesty on the brain, that is, unless you can show me any post where I defend Obama on this issue. Good luck with that.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •