Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

  1. #41
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I don't remember people doing that, but the problem of people giving up on looking on work is probably greater during a recession than in good times. This number is probably better and I'd be happier if it was always used instead of our current measure.
    Look up any debate we have had on unemployment numbers and comparisons with the US and Europe and you will see it.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...rd-2008-a.html

    just a recent one.
    Last edited by PeteEU; 11-24-09 at 02:27 AM.
    PeteEU

  2. #42
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Well he does have a point. Unemployment and underemployment can kind of get blended since some people would rather be unemplyed than underemployed. That said, we need a measure that records both unemployment and underemployment and we need to stay consistent with it so that we can compare time periods.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Well he does have a point. Unemployment and underemployment can kind of get blended since some people would rather be unemplyed than underemployed. That said, we need a measure that records both unemployment and underemployment and we need to stay consistent with it so that we can compare time periods.
    We need slavery. Let's face it. It gets **** done.

  4. #44
    Student Benzin388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ohio (Stationed in South Dakota)
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    223

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    So how does it feel pay my and Hellhound's salary (when he was in) while you are struggling for jobs? muahaha. feed me my minions, feed me.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    SOLUTION: Ship every illegal immigrant back to their country of origin, whether they have spit out an anchor baby or not.....
    Every time one of the large companies fire their illegal work force in order to avoid prosecution, those jobs are filled, PRONTO.....
    The problem is that we are not booting them out, like they should be...
    Since so many of them love tattoos, I think REJECTED should be tattooed on their foreheads to prevent illegal re-entry....
    Last edited by Partisan; 11-24-09 at 11:54 AM.

  6. #46
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    SOLUTION: Ship every illegal immigrant back to their country of origin, whether they have spit out an anchor baby or not.....
    Every time one of the large companies fire their illegal work force in order to avoid prosecution, those jobs are filled, PRONTO.....
    The problem is that we are not booting them out, like they should be...
    Since so many of them love tattoos, I think REJECTED should be tattooed on their foreheads to prevent illegal re-entry....
    Your classic scapegoat failure
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Your classic scapegoat failure
    I fail to see how a soloution is a failure....
    Illegal immigrants filling low wage jobs is one of the reasons for the high unemployment rate among young black males...
    You can choose to hide your head in the sand, (in classic Liberal fashion), or look at the facts....
    No matter how you look at it, every job filled by an illegal is one less job for an American.....

  8. #48
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    So if Obama can stop those pesky Americans from TRYING to get a job, unemployment will drop to 0%!!!!

    Tax the rich, put the unemployed on government welfare, and voila! No more unemployment!

  9. #49
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Illegal immigrants filling low wage jobs is one of the reasons for the high unemployment rate among young black males... )
    Yeah, because we all know that young black males are just lining up for those jobs.

  10. #50
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: The 'Real' Jobless Rate: 17.5% Of Workers Are Unemployed

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I fail to see how a soloution is a failure....
    Illegal immigrants filling low wage jobs is one of the reasons for the high unemployment rate among young black males...
    You can choose to hide your head in the sand, (in classic Liberal fashion), or look at the facts....
    No matter how you look at it, every job filled by an illegal is one less job for an American.....
    Your understanding of economics is primitive. There isn't a fixed number of jobs, and the reason for high unemployment among young black males is minimum wage.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •