Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

  1. #31
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Are you saying that our universal rights dont apply to percieved 'lessers' and that the rights our laws grant people stop taking effect at some sort of discretion defined by who knows who?
    Exactly right. The difference is that I don't believe non US citizens should have the same rights as US citizens captured on foreign soil.

    Allow them to say what they will, and face up to their allegations.
    And risk more lives for nothing.

    You're not part of a country historically predisposed to genocides, mass forced movements of populations, invasions based on lies (multiple ones), the murder of millions of civilians and has an ideological vocabulary that is virtually fascist.
    If you recognize that then how can you possibly claim giving these terrorists a platform to propagate their lives to people so cut off from the truth that they will believe them?

    The fundamental flaw in believing this will do no damage relies on the incorrect assumption that all people in the world enjoy the same freedom of information and education as the west does.

    I mean, what can these terrorists say that is any worse than what the average far lefty thinks?
    Its who they are saying it to and how they will take it that makes it so important.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #32
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You cannot prove a realistic risk, just your own fears, which are exaggerated. We have tried terrorists, it's not something new. Your worry seems to be he will say something you don't like, but people do that every day, and we are here still.
    Thats another lie.

    I can prove the power of words by terrorists.

    The Arkansas Islamic terrorist who shot and killed one US solider and wounded another.

    UPDATE: Arkansas Terrorist had Links to Ohio Mosque | Radical Islam.org


    Hasan also attended another Mosque used by 9/11 terrorists



    Hasan attended radical Virginia mosque same time as 9/11 terrorists Creeping Sharia

    Muslim school 'that taught pupils from race hate textbooks made photocopies after order to shred them'

    Muslim school 'that taught pupils from race hate textbooks made photocopies after order to shred them' | Mail Online


    Pakistan schools teach hatred for Indians and Hindus

    Pakistan schools teach hatred for Indians and Hindus | Indiblog



    I've seen many ignorant arguments trying to defend using civilain courts over military courts but no one has ever tried to pretend that hate and the preaching of hate is not dangerous.

    You are still in a class by yourself.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Attack on America=matter of national defense=military tribunal.

    Regardless of whether these guys want to use this as a platform for their rhetoric, I am still in the dark as to why these aren't military tribunals? What is the argument against this being tried in military court?
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    how is it harmful? the civilized world doesn't give a crap about why they did it
    the uncivilized world does, and that's a whole lotta world

    holder is clueless

    lindsey graham totally took him apart with the SIMPLE, pre-law question of precedent

    asked if he could name ONE enemy combatant ever tried in us court, the ag answered, "i don't know, i'll have to look at that"

    LOL!

    graham---"i'll save you the time, it's never happened"

    graham also exposed the prosecutor as pure poser by pinning down the problem of miranda rights

    the AG had no response to ksm's not receiving his

    that's ONE reason these trials should not be in new york---miranda

    the trials also communicate umistakably to our enemies---if you kill a soldier you'll go before tribunal

    but if you go after little girls and grammas you get the exact same treatment, enjoy all the rights and priviledges of michael jackson

    these are not criminals we're talking about, they're warriors

    their victims may be civilian, their impetus is not

    that's WHY manhattan is wrong

    holder himself said this would be the trial of the century

    our last such paparazzi circus was oj

    polls are overwhelmingly against this

    9-11 families are mortified with offense

    jon stewart was hoping for "a little more old testament"

    he expresses what's on middle america's mind, here

    the prez is way on the wrong side of this one, his dumbest move yet

    he put holder out there, after all

    not real bright
    Last edited by The Prof; 11-23-09 at 08:20 PM.

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Thats another lie.

    I can prove the power of words by terrorists.

    The Arkansas Islamic terrorist who shot and killed one US solider and wounded another.

    UPDATE: Arkansas Terrorist had Links to Ohio Mosque | Radical Islam.org


    Hasan also attended another Mosque used by 9/11 terrorists



    Hasan attended radical Virginia mosque same time as 9/11 terrorists Creeping Sharia

    Muslim school 'that taught pupils from race hate textbooks made photocopies after order to shred them'

    Muslim school 'that taught pupils from race hate textbooks made photocopies after order to shred them' | Mail Online


    Pakistan schools teach hatred for Indians and Hindus

    Pakistan schools teach hatred for Indians and Hindus | Indiblog



    I've seen many ignorant arguments trying to defend using civilain courts over military courts but no one has ever tried to pretend that hate and the preaching of hate is not dangerous.

    You are still in a class by yourself.
    You are proving my point for me, and proving your inability to follow simple logic. As I have stated, the views are already out there. You show that they are already out there. There is no additional danger from some one expressing views that are already easy to find. Putting our hands over our ears is not going to make them go away.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    the views are all out there

    but so hi profile a platform has never been provided

    hello

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    How is the harmful? Freedom of speech?
    So you believe they have a right to a platform to launch anti-American propaganda? Since when do alien unlawful combatants have the right to freedom of speech?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do they deserve one? No. Is it going to happen as a side product of public justice? Yes. Do I think it will be effective? Not even a little bit.
    These war criminals have no intent of even trying to prove their innocence so what is the point of this trial? The ONLY reason why this trial needs to take place is to give these people a platform, there is no other reason.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    So it is freedom of speech that is the thing that you claim is harmful.
    Freedom of speech for alien unlawful combatants? Now I've heard everything.

    You say it's terrible because terrorists will be able to lie but does no else lie on TV with a viewing audience that is much larger than what the terrorists have?
    I find it terrible that these people will be allowed a platform to spew anti-American garbage and attempt to justify the murder of 3,000 American civilians.

    I can't really think of a reason why it's better for the military court than a civilian court for this case, can you? (besides your senseless platform arguement)
    Can you think of a reason why it is necessary to give these murderers a platform from which to launch anti-American propaganda and attempt to justify the murder of 3,000 U.S. civilians? They have no intention of trying to prove their innocence so what's the point?

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    These war criminals have no intent of even trying to prove their innocence so what is the point of this trial? The ONLY reason why this trial needs to take place is to give these people a platform, there is no other reason.
    Simply as part of the process. I don't think the purpose of the trial is for them, it's for us. I think it does us good to see him tried, and see him convicted(I assume), and know that he is executed. The terrorists try and change us, be we still stay the same, and we protect our own, and we do it in the light of day. I think that is what makes this a great country.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •